• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Setting Up Co-Hosts for Tax Purposes: What Do I Need to Know??

In summary, Jen is setting up a show with her Mother-in-law and her Daughter as Co-Hosts. However, Jen is unsure if she should charge Illinois customers tax, as they are supposed to be paying it. Better to split them out so that HO is not put at risk.
esavvymom
Staff member
Not sure if I'm putting this in the right category, but I'm doing a show in a few weeks that I'm setting up as a co-host between my Mother-in-law and her daughter. Both are nurses and have lots of work contacts that I'd like them to be able to take advantage of. :D But my MIL lives in Illinois where tax rate is one % and no s/h taxed. My SIL lives in Wisconsin just over the border, and her sales tax is MUCH lower, and is taxable on the s/h.

What do I need to do for that?? Do I set them up as co-hosts, and then the orders are taxed based on which host they are shipped to? Do they ship to one host only or can it go to two separate? I could have them go to MIL and my SIL can get the orders from her there, but I've not done this setup before.

??

I would set it up to have everthing go to your MIL, saves all your customers. Otherwise, direct shipping would probably apply, and that is higher still!

the tax rate is based on where orders are shipped to. the show will have 1 shipping address....unless someone wants direct shipping, which will cost more. if they can come up with enough orders, you may want to enter them as separate shows so they don't have to share the benefits.

Jen

When you have a Co-host, everything still gets shipped to the Host. Anything shipped to the Co-host would be charged direct shipping prices. You have to charge shipping to where it is shipped.

Thank you. :D

You can setup different tax rates for Co-Hosts. When you enter the orders, you indicate where the items get shipped.It is walking a hazy line to not charge tax to Illinois customers that they should be paying. Better to take the high road and split them out. Besides if any of them are previous customers, HO is put at risk if you don't charge them tax for your show.When in doubt, call HO. Better safe than sorry!

What is a co-host for tax purposes?

A co-host for tax purposes is someone who shares in the expenses and profits of a business. This is often done through a partnership or joint venture agreement.

Do I need to set up co-hosts for tax purposes?

If you are running a business with someone else and sharing in the expenses and profits, it is important to set up co-hosts for tax purposes. This will ensure that each person's contributions and earnings are properly accounted for.

What information do I need to gather for setting up co-hosts for tax purposes?

You will need to gather information such as each co-host's name, address, Social Security number or tax ID number, and their percentage of ownership in the business. You may also need to provide a copy of your partnership or joint venture agreement.

How do I report co-hosts for tax purposes?

Co-hosts for tax purposes are typically reported on a Schedule K-1 form, which is used to report each co-host's share of the business's income, deductions, and credits. This form is then included with each co-host's personal tax return.

Are there any tax implications for setting up co-hosts?

Yes, there may be tax implications for setting up co-hosts for tax purposes. It is important to consult with a tax professional or accountant to ensure that you are properly reporting and paying any taxes related to your co-hosts and your business partnership.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kris Renee
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies