• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cluster Garage Sale Raises $845 in 2 Days for Chicago Hotel Costs | Join Us!

In summary, the conversation began with a shoutout to a team and the success of a garage sale fundraiser for a conference. The day was hot and slow, but they managed to raise $845. The conversation then shifted to discussing other garage sales and the possibility of selling a garage itself. The day ended with bonding with team members, training, and a message about the Lord.
pchefkristin
Hey all! Miss ya's... just been sooo busy. Wanted to shout out a Big Toot (no, not the kind that come from the hind end) to my awesome team!

Though today has been slow... and HOT, ugh!, my team really came together to raise our hotel costs for Chicago in July through a cluster garage sale. As of last night, we had raised $845 in two days. Like I said, its been slow today, but I am hoping to have made at least $150 today. We will see at days end. I may even run this after church tomorrow as well. Our goal was $1125, to cover the rooms we will need for Conference. Anything extra would go to taking my team out somewhere nice for dinner one night.

Wish us luck... we still have 2 1/2 hot humid hours left.

Way to go! Good idea to raise money for conference.

Ann R.

I keep stopping at garage sales because I need a garage.But no one really wants to sell theirs.

What an awesome idea!!! I am doing a yard sale next week with my cousin and that is where the money will be going. I just emailed my director to see if anyone might be interested in doing something like that or if we even have time. Let us know how you make out!!!

What a long day. Lots of peekers, not a lot of buyers though. We ended up with another $235 though, so not all was lost. Plus we offered up the prize drawing slips for a $25 gift certificate that I have laying around. ONe of the gals got a show and a fund raiser, and the other gal got a show. And I got a great recruit lead! Whoohoo!

I also felt the Lord working in me today, so I shared the message with lots of folks and extended an invite to church in the morning. I have all my goodies covered, but will also put a sign up before we go to church tomorrow saying something like, " I am at the E.T. Nazarene Church down the road praying that you will join us for 10:45am service and then that you will come back and join me at 1pm to start our sale back up again! See you then!"

It was not a high money day, but certainly well worth the efforts today. Plus I got a chance to bond with two of my newest team members. We did some training and a little sales blitz challenge. One of the gals is just $300 away from her $1250 in sales for the $100 PC dollars. She needs it by Monday, and I know she will achieve it! What a day! Thanks for letting me share it with you all!

KG... I will sell you a garage... but you would have to come move it yourself. Heheheh.

Okay, and if you're ever giving away door prizes, I need a driver's side door for an '84 Mustang convertable.

ugh... yer killin me ova here KG!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I keep stopping at garage sales because I need a garage.

But no one really wants to sell theirs.

I hate my garage... wanna' come look?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I keep stopping at garage sales because I need a garage.

But no one really wants to sell theirs.

Mine's for sale for the right price...I'd love to have one I can actually put a car in! ;)

pchefkristin said:
What a long day. Lots of peekers, not a lot of buyers though. We ended up with another $235 though, so not all was lost. Plus we offered up the prize drawing slips for a $25 gift certificate that I have laying around. ONe of the gals got a show and a fund raiser, and the other gal got a show. And I got a great recruit lead! Whoohoo!

I also felt the Lord working in me today, so I shared the message with lots of folks and extended an invite to church in the morning. I have all my goodies covered, but will also put a sign up before we go to church tomorrow saying something like, " I am at the E.T. Nazarene Church down the road praying that you will join us for 10:45am service and then that you will come back and join me at 1pm to start our sale back up again! See you then!"

It was not a high money day, but certainly well worth the efforts today. Plus I got a chance to bond with two of my newest team members. We did some training and a little sales blitz challenge. One of the gals is just $300 away from her $1250 in sales for the $100 PC dollars. She needs it by Monday, and I know she will achieve it! What a day! Thanks for letting me share it with you all!

KG... I will sell you a garage... but you would have to come move it yourself. Heheheh.

AWESOME DAY! How close were you from your goal then? What items did you sell or have the most luck with? We are having one next weekend to try to raise some money for Conference. I may try the Cluster thing too! Great idea!

My DH was driving down the road and guess what he saw at a garage sale down the street from us? A BRAND NEW IN BOX Rectangular Lid/Bowl. He has a lawn care business and saw that, went to mow the lawn and came back by. Went to get out of his car and saw the stoneware piece again and was going to buy it. A guy was right there and said sorry, just bought it. I was bummed when he told me. He did tell me that they also had a brand new A/P/C/S in box so I ran over there. I got that for $2.50! The guy that bought the Stoneware was still there and I told them I sold PC, he asked for a card and a catalog and said there was some things he needed since he just broke his wife's round stone. Might have a caddy show out of that one. The lady that was having the sale used to sell it about 3 years ago. She went in the house and GAVE me about 10 or so old Season's Best's catalogs, and a consultant collapsible crate as well. She may be interested in signing back up but definitely wants to have a show or at least a catalog show! That was so cool!!!

janetupnorth said:
Mine's for sale for the right price...I'd love to have one I can actually put a car in! ;)
The idea is to keep your PC collection in the house so you can keep your car in the garage. I know - when you have (at least) one of everything in the catalog, storage gets to be a problem.

I love the 8 qt SS bowl, but where in the heck does one keep it? That's like putting a bucket into a kitchen cabinet.

oh, the extras go in the house? Thats's why I bought a camper

Looks like another thread successfully hijacked. :rolleyes: Sorry...I have an old mini-van out in the driveway that has become a storage shed. The Kat Lady says I have to sell it before I can buy another vehicle but gets upset when I tell her to find a place for her stuff that's in it.:DI think I need a truck, so maybe I'll clean out Vincent (as in Van Gogh, and I have to put in Degas to make Vincent, the Van, Gogh.)

smspamperedchef said:
AWESOME DAY! How close were you from your goal then? What items did you sell or have the most luck with? We are having one next weekend to try to raise some money for Conference. I may try the Cluster thing too! Great idea!

My DH was driving down the road and guess what he saw at a garage sale down the street from us? A BRAND NEW IN BOX Rectangular Lid/Bowl. He has a lawn care business and saw that, went to mow the lawn and came back by. Went to get out of his car and saw the stoneware piece again and was going to buy it. A guy was right there and said sorry, just bought it. I was bummed when he told me. He did tell me that they also had a brand new A/P/C/S in box so I ran over there. I got that for $2.50! The guy that bought the Stoneware was still there and I told them I sold PC, he asked for a card and a catalog and said there was some things he needed since he just broke his wife's round stone. Might have a caddy show out of that one. The lady that was having the sale used to sell it about 3 years ago. She went in the house and GAVE me about 10 or so old Season's Best's catalogs, and a consultant collapsible crate as well. She may be interested in signing back up but definitely wants to have a show or at least a catalog show! That was so cool!!!

Well, our goal was about $1120 for conference hotel costs for our team. (we have a couple rooms and are there an extra night). As of close of business last night we had $1080. Just $40 shy of our goal. I got home from church today after deciding I would not open it up for more today. I am a glutton, but not that much of a glutton. A guy pulled up and asked about an antique desk I had that needed some work. I would have loved $100 on it, but I said make me an offer... his offer?! $40! :D So how cool is God I ask you?! He knew our goal, and made sure we got it!

Some of the stuff that moved quickly... hmmm. Lots of scrapbooking supplies, Older boys toys, baby stuff, framed photos and home interior pictures, extra PC stuff of course, and almost all the other junky kitchen stuff sold. Lamps, and Halloween items sold pretty good as well. Over all it was amazing! We even got rid of TONS of clothing at a quarter a piece. It was certainly insanity.

I am always on the look out for PC stuff at sales, but can never find any. One time in Wisconsin visiting my sister, we decided to go garage saling. I was saying I would love to find some PC stuff. She wanted to find a new stereo for the house, and her husband wanted to find a weight bench and a paint gun set. We dove into the sale ads in the paper, and I am not lying... we found all those things in the paper... at ONE sale! We were in heaven!

pchefkristin said:
Well, our goal was about $1120...<snip>... As of close of business last night we had $1080. Just $40 shy of our goal...<snip>...his offer?! $40! :D So how cool is God I ask you?! He knew our goal, and made sure we got it!
The Law of Attraction is immutable, it works whether you know about it or not!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I think I need a truck, so maybe I'll clean out Vincent (as in Van Gogh, and I have to put in Degas to make Vincent, the Van, Gogh.)
GROAN!!!!!!!

You haven't groan accustomed to me yet?In the spirit of the original post...what do you call a guy with no arms and no legs, hanging on the wall?Art.

Last edited:

What is the purpose of the cluster garage sale?

The purpose of the cluster garage sale is to raise funds for the Chicago hotel costs for the participants.

How much money was raised in total?

A total of $845 was raised in just 2 days through the cluster garage sale.

Who can participate in the garage sale?

Anyone can participate in the garage sale, whether you are a Pampered Chef consultant or not. The more people who join, the more money we can raise for the cause!

Where will the funds be used?

The funds will be used to cover the Chicago hotel costs for participants attending the event.

How can I support the cluster garage sale?

You can support the cluster garage sale by either participating in the sale or by donating items to be sold. You can also spread the word and invite friends and family to join us!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
akrebecca
Replies
Views
pchefkristin
  • candiejayne
  • General Chat
Replies