• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Precook the Crust for Club House Chicken Squares?

In summary, The author is preparing Club House Chicken Squares for a bridal shower tomorrow. The crust (crescent roll) can be used if cooked tonight, but the author recommends not doing so because she has already done it and doesn't want to spend time cooking another crust. The author is also making Tuxedo Brownie Cups, which she has already made and will put strawberries on tomorrow. The recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, 1 clove of garlic, 1 teaspoon of Dill Mix, 1/2 teaspoon of celery seed, and 1/4 teaspoon of onion salt. The author found her old director's recipe in her notes which doesn't call for dill, but does call for garlic. The
millerswamp
I am making Club House Chicken Squares for a bridal shower tomorrow. Would the crust (crescent roll) be all right if I cooked tonight? I'm just doing a small demo and don't want to spend time cooking a crust. I am also making Tuxedo Brownie Cups, which I have already made and will put strawberries on tomorrow!

Yes! I use to do that all the time for shows.

since I cannot find any onion salt and I don't want to buy some on the way to my show tomorrow, can I use some dried minced onion (about 1/4 tsp) and maybe 1/8 tsp of salt? making the clubhouse chicken squares

byrd1956 said:
since I cannot find any onion salt and I don't want to buy some on the way to my show tomorrow, can I use some dried minced onion (about 1/4 tsp) and maybe 1/8 tsp of salt? making the clubhouse chicken squares

I made this at my party yesterday without the onion salt. I just used a clove of garlic, all purpose dill mix, mayo and a block of cream cheese. It tasted great.

byrd1956 said:

I don't even remember it calling for that! I used our Italian Seasoning or the Dill when I had it.

Me too! The version I have doesn't call for onion at all, minced or otherwise. It doesn't call for dill either. I use mayo and garlic.

thank you!

I went back and looked. My old director had passed along a few recipes for me to start with when I started 5 years ago. I don't believe I have ever actually looked at the recipe in the cookbook, have always just used the recipe she sent me. Even the chocolate chip sensation is a little different than it is in the cookbook. Here's what it calls for2 tablespoons mayo
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon dill weed

Here's what I found in my notes...no dill thank goodness because I can't STAND dill :)

Club House Chicken Squares
(All the Best; P. 9)

Smoky Bacon, crispy cucumber and shredded cheddar cheese highlight these tasty appetizer squares

2 packages (8oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp mayo
1 small clove garlic, pressed
1 can (10 oz) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked or two small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 small cucumber, seeded, sliced and quartered
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
6 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled

kcjodih said:
Here's what I found in my notes...no dill thank goodness because I can't STAND dill :)

Club House Chicken Squares
(All the Best; P. 9)

Smoky Bacon, crispy cucumber and shredded cheddar cheese highlight these tasty appetizer squares

2 packages (8oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp mayo
1 small clove garlic, pressed
1 can (10 oz) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked or two small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 small cucumber, seeded, sliced and quartered
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
6 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled

I rarely ever used the dill because when I started I didn't have it. I always just used the italian seasoning. But that is the same recipe without it.

Wierd how this doesn't call for dill or italian. It doesn't call for anything but garlic. I'm too lazy to get up and go look at my copy of All the Best :D but I 'thought' it was the exact copy from there

Here is the recipe I have. I ended up just adding about a tsp. of onion flakes. Everyone liked it.
Clubhouse Chicken Squares

2 (8 oz.) tubes of refrigerator crescent rolls
1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
1 clove of garlic, pressed with Garlic Press
1 teaspoon of All –Purpose Dill Mix or dill weed
1/2 teaspoon of celery seed
1/4 teaspoon of onion salt
1 (10 oz.) can chunk white chicken, drained & flaked
1/2 of a small cucumber, sliced & quartered
1 small tomato, diced
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
6 slices of bacon, crisply cooked & crumbled

Preheat oven to 375. Unroll 1 package of crescent rolls across one end of large bar pan. Repeat with remaining package of crescent rolls dough, covering the sheet. Roll or press dough to seal perforations. Press up sides to form crust. Bake 12 - 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely.

Place cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, Dill Mix, celery seed, and onion salt in a Large batter bowl. Mix until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the cooled crust. Sprinkle chicken evenly over the filling. Place cucumber slices evenly on top. Sprinkle tomatoes, bacon, and cheese on top. Cut into squares.

1. What ingredients are needed to make Club House Chicken Squares?

To make Club House Chicken Squares, you will need:

• 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
  • 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped celery
  • 1 tsp dried dill
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper

2. Can I use canned chicken instead of cooked chicken?

Yes, canned chicken can be used as a substitute for cooked chicken in this recipe. Simply drain the liquid from the can before shredding the chicken and using it in the recipe.

3. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 12 servings.

4. Can I prepare the Club House Chicken Squares ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the filling for the Club House Chicken Squares ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use. You can also assemble the squares and refrigerate them until ready to bake. Just make sure to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the squares are cold when going into the oven.

5. Can the Club House Chicken Squares be frozen?

Yes, the Club House Chicken Squares can be frozen before or after baking. If freezing before baking, wrap the assembled squares tightly in plastic wrap and foil, and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, let the squares thaw in the refrigerator overnight before baking according to the recipe instructions. If freezing after baking, let the squares cool completely before wrapping tightly and storing in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, let the squares thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then bake in a 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • PCSarahjm
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • LisaAnn
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies