1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Clothes shopping!!

1. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Yesterday my daughter once again 'took me clothes shopping,' (translated from teen-ease, this means she shopped, I paid), and I realized "hey, I need to buy some clothes for myself for Conference." Gosh, what a hardship to have to spend money on myself for a good reason (which, like most moms, is the only time I'll spend money on myself).

I know from other threads denim is frowned upon - so, I definitely need more pants. I know, also, that the dress code is basically business casual, pretty much defined by your own style rather than company mandate. Most Cheffers consider 'comfortable' shoes to not include tennis shoes, but not everyone agrees with this - along as they're cute (I'm going with the assumption that running shoes are not in this category :p). With these tips in mind, I think I can manage to choose some appropriate outfits. Here are a couple of questions, though:

Is there a reason we would need to change outfits during a day (in other words, am I looking at 3 outfits for my time at NC, or 6)?

I know there is an Executive Director Dinner, and that the theme/dress style is determined by the ED hosting each event, so I'll wait to hear from my D before deciding what I'll wear for this. However, is there any other event for which I'll be expected to dress up? I won't be walking this year, after all (but, watch for me next July!!), so at least that's one less dressy outfit to worry about.

I'm assuming the Conference Hall will be adequately air conditioned, but will we experience alot of humidity when we're out of doors?

Ok, I think that's all. Thanks in advance for the help from all you experienced NCers.

May 31, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

The only time you might need to change clothes during the day would be for your Exec. Banquet.

As far as humidity out of doors - in my experience, the only time I've had to even be out of doors is in the evening, when it's cooler, and the humidity isn't as bad.

May 31, 2009
  3. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Becky is right, there is no need for extra clothes besides what you described. In fact I will sometimes wear the same pants twice, limiting another set of pants from my suitcase.

May 31, 2009
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

You aren't outside much except going to and from McCormick Place and dinner on the first evening. However, it can be really muggy. Some of the workshops have been warm, but others have been downright chilly. Layers are a good idea.

May 31, 2009
  5. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Thank you, everyone for your advice. I just sent an e-mail to our ED to see if she has decided the dress code for this year (my Director said last year the theme was the Emmy's - I certainly hope it's not so dressy this year).

My D also thinks it's funny that I'm looking so far ahead! She obviously doesn't spend enough time on CS.:p

May 31, 2009
  6. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

My ED's theme is Black and White and can be casual or formal! I'm glad because I do own several pairs of black pants. I just need to buy a white tank or short-sleeve knit shirt to go under my black with white polka dots blouse... :)

Jun 23, 2009
Have something to add?