• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Conference Clothes Shopping and Dress Code

I'm assuming the Conference Hall will be adequately air conditioned, but will we experience alot of humidity when we're out of doors?In summary, the speaker's daughter took her clothes shopping for a conference and she realized she needed to buy some clothes for herself. She knows denim is not appropriate and she needs more pants for the business casual dress code. She asks if she needs to change outfits during the day and if there are any other events that require dressing up. She also inquires about the conference hall's temperature and the humidity when outdoors. She thanks everyone for their advice and mentions that she has contacted her Executive Director for the dress code.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
Yesterday my daughter once again 'took me clothes shopping,' (translated from teen-ease, this means she shopped, I paid), and I realized "hey, I need to buy some clothes for myself for Conference." Gosh, what a hardship to have to spend money on myself for a good reason (which, like most moms, is the only time I'll spend money on myself).

I know from other threads denim is frowned upon - so, I definitely need more pants. I know, also, that the dress code is basically business casual, pretty much defined by your own style rather than company mandate. Most Cheffers consider 'comfortable' shoes to not include tennis shoes, but not everyone agrees with this - along as they're cute (I'm going with the assumption that running shoes are not in this category :p). With these tips in mind, I think I can manage to choose some appropriate outfits. Here are a couple of questions, though:

Is there a reason we would need to change outfits during a day (in other words, am I looking at 3 outfits for my time at NC, or 6)?

I know there is an Executive Director Dinner, and that the theme/dress style is determined by the ED hosting each event, so I'll wait to hear from my D before deciding what I'll wear for this. However, is there any other event for which I'll be expected to dress up? I won't be walking this year, after all (but, watch for me next July!!), so at least that's one less dressy outfit to worry about.

I'm assuming the Conference Hall will be adequately air conditioned, but will we experience alot of humidity when we're out of doors?

Ok, I think that's all. Thanks in advance for the help from all you experienced NCers.

pampchefsarah said:
Yesterday my daughter once again 'took me clothes shopping,' (translated from teen-ease, this means she shopped, I paid), and I realized "hey, I need to buy some clothes for myself for Conference." Gosh, what a hardship to have to spend money on myself for a good reason (which, like most moms, is the only time I'll spend money on myself).

I know from other threads denim is frowned upon - so, I definitely need more pants. I know, also, that the dress code is basically business casual, pretty much defined by your own style rather than company mandate. Most Cheffers consider 'comfortable' shoes to not include tennis shoes, but not everyone agrees with this - along as they're cute (I'm going with the assumption that running shoes are not in this category :p). With these tips in mind, I think I can manage to choose some appropriate outfits. Here are a couple of questions, though:

Is there a reason we would need to change outfits during a day (in other words, am I looking at 3 outfits for my time at NC, or 6)?

I know there is an Executive Director Dinner, and that the theme/dress style is determined by the ED hosting each event, so I'll wait to hear from my D before deciding what I'll wear for this. However, is there any other event for which I'll be expected to dress up? I won't be walking this year, after all (but, watch for me next July!!), so at least that's one less dressy outfit to worry about.

I'm assuming the Conference Hall will be adequately air conditioned, but will we experience alot of humidity when we're out of doors?

Ok, I think that's all. Thanks in advance for the help from all you experienced NCers.

The only time you might need to change clothes during the day would be for your Exec. Banquet.

As far as humidity out of doors - in my experience, the only time I've had to even be out of doors is in the evening, when it's cooler, and the humidity isn't as bad.

Becky is right, there is no need for extra clothes besides what you described. In fact I will sometimes wear the same pants twice, limiting another set of pants from my suitcase.

You aren't outside much except going to and from McCormick Place and dinner on the first evening. However, it can be really muggy. Some of the workshops have been warm, but others have been downright chilly. Layers are a good idea.

Thank you, everyone for your advice. I just sent an e-mail to our ED to see if she has decided the dress code for this year (my Director said last year the theme was the Emmy's - I certainly hope it's not so dressy this year).

My D also thinks it's funny that I'm looking so far ahead! She obviously doesn't spend enough time on CS.:p

pampchefsarah said:
Thank you, everyone for your advice. I just sent an e-mail to our ED to see if she has decided the dress code for this year (my Director said last year the theme was the Emmy's - I certainly hope it's not so dressy this year).

My D also thinks it's funny that I'm looking so far ahead! She obviously doesn't spend enough time on CS.:p

My ED's theme is Black and White and can be casual or formal! I'm glad because I do own several pairs of black pants. I just need to buy a white tank or short-sleeve knit shirt to go under my black with white polka dots blouse... :)

1. How do I find the right size when shopping for clothes?

When shopping for clothes, it's important to know your measurements. Take your bust, waist, and hip measurements and compare them to the size chart provided by the brand or retailer. You can also try on different sizes to see which fits best.

2. What are some tips for finding the best deals while clothes shopping?

One tip is to sign up for email newsletters from your favorite brands or retailers, as they often send out exclusive discounts and sales. You can also follow them on social media or keep an eye out for seasonal or clearance sales. Another tip is to shop during off-peak times, such as weekdays or early mornings, when there may be less competition for deals.

3. How can I make sure I'm buying quality clothes?

Pay attention to the fabric and construction of the clothes. Natural materials like cotton, silk, and wool are often more durable and better quality than synthetic materials. Check for loose threads, uneven seams, or any other signs of poor construction. You can also read reviews or ask friends for recommendations on brands known for their quality.

4. What should I keep in mind when shopping for clothes online?

Read the size chart and product descriptions carefully to make sure you are getting the right size and fit. Check the return policy in case the clothes don't fit as expected. Look for customer reviews and photos to get a better idea of how the clothes look and fit on different body types. Lastly, be aware of any additional costs such as shipping or taxes.

5. How do I build a versatile and efficient wardrobe?

Invest in basic, timeless pieces such as a little black dress, a pair of jeans, and a white button-down shirt. These can be dressed up or down and paired with different accessories for different looks. Also, consider your lifestyle and choose clothes that can be worn for multiple occasions. Don't be afraid to mix and match and experiment with different styles to find what works best for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
merego
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby