• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Max Wait Time for Closing Kitchen Show?

In summary, a kitchen show can be held open for up to a week and most hosts close within 4-7 days after the show.
redd3708
What is that maximum I can wait to close a kitchen show? A week? Longer??? I had a show on a Saturday and my host wants to close it the following Friday. I know that is fine....but I was just wondering how long is too long?

Technically you can hold a show open until the end of the following month and still the Host and Guest will get the specials (ie a May 1 show closes on June 30). However, I think it is safe to say that most people close their show within 4-7 days after! I usually close one week after the show so that my Hosts can get any last minute outside orders!

HTH!
Have a Pampered Day!

Of course, the problem with holding a show open longer than a week is that those who ordered at the show will get impatient for their orders. Most customers want their order as soon as possible, especially since they've already paid.

I also close my shows about a week after, plus...with me being her in STL, I usually get my order at my house 3 days after I submit.

I am so jealous Andrea, I want to be closer to the warehouse. UPS is driving me nuts lately, nothing is coming on time, and I am getting one box at a time. The UPS driver said it's because there is no room on the trucks so it gets left behind.

I called HO, but they said that there is nothing they could do. At least they are aware of it though. :D

Whoa! Three days! I wish! For me, living overseas.....I would say about 5-10 days, which isn't bad at all!
Um, what is STL? *grin*
Oh! I also have another question...is it possible to submit part (the orders) of a show or does it have to be done all at once? Thanks!

redd3708 said:
Whoa! Three days! I wish! For me, living overseas.....I would say about 5-10 days, which isn't bad at all!
Um, what is STL? *grin*
Oh! I also have another question...is it possible to submit part (the orders) of a show or does it have to be done all at once? Thanks!

It is very nice being this close...I submitted a show Thursday night and it was delivered today...3 business days. I will admit that I did pay my dues though, I lived in Las Vegas and it was always 7-10 days!!

STL is St. Louis, I get tired of writing out the whole thing so I just abreviate it.

You have to submit the entire show at the same time, otherwise the host could get jipped on bennefits.

Amanda-have you tried calling your local UPS and talking to a supervisor? I had some major issues with some lazy drivers about two months ago, I called and spoke with the hub manager and they took care of the issues.

You have to submit the entire show at the same time, otherwise the host could get jipped on bennefits.

Ah...thanks! :)

pcjeanie said:
Of course, the problem with holding a show open longer than a week is that those who ordered at the show will get impatient for their orders. Most customers want their order as soon as possible, especially since they've already paid.

I totally agree! I want to have coming to a show be a positive experience, not a way to get your products way late!

One thing I do is to have my host tell her to tell people that she is closing the show in 4 days. That way we can keep it open a few extra days if needed.:)

Because HO is so efficient with getting the shows out quick, I don't press the closing issue as much. I make sure the host tells the guests that she will be holding the show open a little bit longer so they'll know it's not PC. For instance, my host last night is traveling this weekend for 10 days. She'll see lots of relatives and wants to get orders from them so we're going to close when she gets back. All of her orders (only about five - sigh) were not urgent so customers said they didn't mind waiting.

I closed a show Sunday night and the host received the package Tuesday afternoon. She didn't get the receipts from me for two more days. I'm amazed at the turn around on these shows!

I had a recent host who had a late March show - March 31. She really wanted those bowls. For various reasons, she didn't close the show until the first week of May! I had my doubts that it would go through, but I was pleasantly surprised when HO took it.

I'm dealing with a host from a very hot place we all DON'T want to go...anyhoo, she moved her date to May because she is "all for causes" and moved it again, told the guests, then though to tell me (I have talked about her in another post), and then said she wasn't going to pursue orders outside of the show, so we should close it. That was two weeks ago. I can't get her on the phone and she is not returning my calls or emails. I'm going to call and email her tomorrow and nicely say that I need her order to use her free stuff - and hopefully anything else she might want - by Monday or I will have to turn it into a HWC fundraiser and have it shipped to me. Oh, did I say that miss all for a cause did not sell one HWC product?!?Thanks for letting me vent

I've kinda went throught that with my first show that I just had. A lot of people didn't show up (Who said that would!) so they said they would order on Monday...then they said Tuesday....then Wednesday. They never ordered!

I would appreciate it so much if people just told me straight up that they don't want anything. I'd rather hear that then keep waiting for them to order. Not to mention, I WASTED CATALOGS AND ORDER FORMS with them! Argh.

LoL....sorry, I had to get that out.

No kidding, Christine! I just had a Fundraiser that didn't make any funds! No orders at all!!! I can't believe it! Wasted about $25 worth of supplies and gas. Some people!:mad:

The thing I love is when I send e-mail reminders for a host and I get e-mails back from the guests saying "can't order but thanks for including me". Don't tell me tell your friend who is the host and won't be getting her bennies because you are not ordering...arrrrgggg.

Yeah, it irks me how people feel like they can "brush PC Consultants off their shoulders"....we all bust our a$$es and we dont deserve that.

I had a show May 11th and I'm still trying to get her to close. Another show for HWC and not a single HWC item sold!

AJPratt said:
I had a show May 11th and I'm still trying to get her to close. Another show for HWC and not a single HWC item sold!

Ditto...even the date! :rolleyes:

almost ditto, my show was May 12th!

I wouldn't stress them then. Wait a few more days and submit it as a June show. Just change the date if no one has ordered any HWC products. That's what I would do. She obviously doesn't care if her friends get their things in a timely manner. You probably won't reach her today then it is just 2 more days to benefit you.

OrIf you want it for May, tell them what I tell my hosts who dilly dally. I leave a message that if the show goes into the next month, they loose the host special. If they call and don't want the HWC Cups & Squares, then go for the June show. It only benefits you even more than a May show would. SELL-A-THON!

1. What is the maximum wait time for closing a kitchen show?

The maximum wait time for closing a kitchen show is typically 2-3 days after the show date. This allows ample time for the host to collect orders and finalize their guest list.

2. Can the maximum wait time be extended?

In some cases, the maximum wait time can be extended if necessary. However, it is important to communicate with your host and our customer service team to ensure a smooth and timely close of the show.

3. What happens if orders are still coming in after the maximum wait time?

If orders are still coming in after the maximum wait time, it is important to reach out to our customer service team for assistance. They can help you process any additional orders and ensure that the host receives credit for them.

4. Is there a minimum wait time for closing a kitchen show?

There is no set minimum wait time for closing a kitchen show. However, we recommend giving guests at least a week to place their orders before closing the show.

5. Can the wait time be adjusted for special circumstances?

In certain situations, such as a host going on vacation or a sudden influx of orders, the wait time for closing a kitchen show can be adjusted. Please contact our customer service team for assistance and they will work with you to find a suitable solution.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • heather223
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • LarissaRed123
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies