• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Show Closing Date: Clarifying Host/Guest Specials

If you want August sales it has to be submitted today. You can submit it after September 15th, but it won't count as a submission for the incentive.
topchef.heather
To Clarify the end of the month show, I had the show yesterday - do I have to close it by tomorrow for everyone to get their cookbooks and the host special, or do I have until the 15th to close? I plan on closing out on Tuesday or Wednesday, but I do still have a couple of catalogs out there and guests wishing to order. They are aware that I will be closing on Tuesday though, but need to know if I need to move it up a day for the host/guest specials.

No you have until the 15th to get the specials, but to get the commision on the next paychecheck you have until Monday, got to close by the 31st!!

Thanks, but this is my 1st show ever, so not a big deal about when I get the commission yet.

It also won't count towards your August sales, it will count towards September sales. So if you have no other sales submitted for August, you wouldn't be active for August. This may or may not matter depending on when in August you signed your agreement.

MLinAZ said:
It also won't count towards your August sales, it will count towards September sales. So if you have no other sales submitted for August, you wouldn't be active for August. This may or may not matter depending on when in August you signed your agreement.

Ohhh, does this matter? I assumed it would count me as active for August?? I signed my agreement Aug. 4th and was hoping that it would count towards my August sales. So is it basically better to just hurry up and close it out today?

topchef.heather said:
Ohhh, does this matter? I assumed it would count me as active for August?? I signed my agreement Aug. 4th and was hoping that it would count towards my August sales. So is it basically better to just hurry up and close it out today?

If you want August sales it has to be submitted today.

I guess I get it, but that's so odd, I would think it would count towards the actual show date, not the day it closes. But oh well, what can I do...

They pretty much have to count things as they're submitted. Remember, we technically have until September 15 to submit an August show. August commission is paid on September 8. There is no way that commission for a show closed on September10 could count toward August commission, which is how active status is figured.

raebates said:
They pretty much have to count things as they're submitted. Remember, we technically have until September 15 to submit an August show. August commission is paid on September 8. There is no way that commission for a show closed on September10 could count toward August commission, which is how active status is figured.

OK, so last question...is it better to be active an extra month, or just wait and have it count towards September's total?

If I read everything right, I think since you signed in August, you are active in August. So I don't think it is necessary to have sales in August. I am not sure you want to push your host to close today anyway. If I were in you shoes, I would wait and close it this week (in Sept.). It won't count as a September show for the incentive (submit 2 shows before Sept 15th), however, it will count towards bumming you to a higher commission level for September.

Being new, you need to closely follow your dates for your first 30 days, 90 days, and the promotion that was running the month you signed. In your welcome letter, it'll say what those dates are. There is also Kit Enhancement month in your 4th month, and here are the rules pertaining to that:New Consultants are eligible for Kit enhancement in
their fourth full month of business if they have been
active in the three consecutive previous months
. If they
have been active in only the two previous months, they
can submit $150 in personal commissionable sales in the
fourth month, and then place a Kit enhancement order.
o A Consultant is considered new in the month he/she joins or until $150 in commissionable sales is submitted, at which time they are considered active.

My 30 days is up Sept. 11th, so if I signed in Aug. I am active in Aug? And I will have 4 shows submitted by then, counting this one in Aug. But I will wait to submit it, if I am already considered active for Aug?

babywings76 said:
Being new, you need to closely follow your dates for your first 30 days, 90 days, and the promotion that was running the month you signed. In your welcome letter, it'll say what those dates are. There is also Kit Enhancement month in your 4th month, and here are the rules pertaining to that:

New Consultants are eligible for Kit enhancement in
their fourth full month of business if they have been
active in the three consecutive previous months
. If they
have been active in only the two previous months, they
can submit $150 in personal commissionable sales in the
fourth month, and then place a Kit enhancement order.
o A Consultant is considered new in the month he/she joins or until $150 in commissionable sales is submitted, at which time they are considered active.

You signed in August so you are "new" in August. You are not "active" until you submit $150 in sales. It is best to submit each month and of course you won't get a paycheck on the 8th if you don't submit by today but it won't matter otherwise to you or your benefits if you don't submit until September. As far as kit enhancement: If you have to skip a month the first one is the one to skip since you lose the opportunity to use it if you miss month 2 or 3 because they have to be 4 consecutive months (month 1,2 & 3 or month 2, 3 & 4).

BethCooks4U said:
You signed in August so you are "new" in August. You are not "active" until you submit $150 in sales. It is best to submit each month and of course you won't get a paycheck on the 8th if you don't submit by today but it won't matter otherwise to you or your benefits if you don't submit until September. As far as kit enhancement: If you have to skip a month the first one is the one to skip since you lose the opportunity to use it if you miss month 2 or 3 because they have to be 4 consecutive months (month 1,2 & 3 or month 2, 3 & 4).

Awesome, great - that helps, thanks so much!

Have you actually submitted three shows in August? Does this fourth show, if submitted today, get you above a grande total of $750 or $1250? At the first level, you get an additional 2%, and if you make it to $1250, you have qualified in your first 30 days, if I understand the system correctly. You don't want to miss that qualifying benefit.

My experience of four years has been that those hold out orders seldom materialize, and they are small ones at best.

If I were you, I would call my recruiter to be sure I don't miss any benefits that the
delay might cause. How well do you know your Hostess and her guests? Will they
really come through for you?

Grandmarita said:
Have you actually submitted three shows in August? Does this fourth show, if submitted today, get you above a grande total of $750 or $1250? At the first level, you get an additional 2%, and if you make it to $1250, you have qualified in your first 30 days, if I understand the system correctly. You don't want to miss that qualifying benefit.

My experience of four years has been that those hold out orders seldom materialize, and they are small ones at best.

If I were you, I would call my recruiter to be sure I don't miss any benefits that the
delay might cause. How well do you know your Hostess and her guests? Will they
really come through for you?

No no, I don't have any shows in August. I will have all 4 shows before my 30 days are up. I will have this one that was held in Aug. and then I have 2 catalog shows ending on Sept. 10 and I'm hosting a show on the 9th. I don't know if those will meet my $1250 first 30 day mark, but I will at least have the 4 shows down.

topchef.heather said:
No no, I don't have any shows in August. I will have all 4 shows before my 30 days are up. I will have this one that was held in Aug. and then I have 2 catalog shows ending on Sept. 10 and I'm hosting a show on the 9th. I don't know if those will meet my $1250 first 30 day mark, but I will at least have the 4 shows down.

That is a great start! :)

BlessedWifeMommy said:
That is a great start! :)

Thanks! I'm really trying for those 2 pieces of stoneware! :chef:

1. What is a Show Closing Date?

A Show Closing Date is the last day that a host can submit orders and receive host benefits and guest specials from their Pampered Chef party.

2. How do I find out my Show Closing Date?

Your consultant will provide you with the Show Closing Date when you book your party. You can also find it on your party invitation or in the host's portal.

3. Can the Show Closing Date be extended?

In some cases, the Show Closing Date can be extended with the approval of your consultant. However, it is important to submit orders by the original Show Closing Date to ensure timely delivery.

4. What are the benefits of submitting orders by the Show Closing Date?

By submitting orders by the Show Closing Date, you and your guests can take advantage of host benefits and guest specials. These may include discounts, free products, and exclusive offers.

5. What happens if I miss the Show Closing Date?

If you miss the Show Closing Date, you will not be able to receive host benefits or guest specials. However, your consultant may still be able to submit your order for you and you can still earn rewards based on the total party sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KarenMarie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • topchef.heather
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl