• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Properly Clean My Pampered Chef Woven Trays Without Damaging Them?

Yes you absolutely can put a hot stone on the woven trays!Thanks for your comment. I actually chatted a cc yesterday and they e-mailed me a copy of the use and care!
beckypchef
I've got a friend that just got blueberry cobbler on her tray... the "damp cloth" will not do the trick. And when she runs water over it you can smell the wood... and I don't want to hurt the tray... any tips?? I'm also worrying about it staining??

Thanks!!!!!
Newbie in training:eek:

Last edited:
I have spilled crumbs in mine at shows, and I have found that waiting for the food to dry and then brushing it with a good firm toothbrush works pretty well. I keep a spare one under the kitchen sink now, just for that! :) Good luck.

I'd ditto the tooth brush. A denture brush is even more firm & may be even better to get in between the weave.

These are woven rattan. They can withstand water but not too much. The kitchen brush is the best bet. Dampen and brush. Then, let the tray stand undisturbed to dry.The rattan will hold its shape if not disturbed while the reeds are wet.You can get it a little wetter without staining or misshaping as long as you handle with care.

If you get it too wet, the color will bleed from the rattan - so be sure that you put it on somehting to drain and dry that you don't mind getting stained.

I HAD to wash mine, I had no choice.... I wouldnt suggest doing it too often but I did run it under warm water and scrubbed it with a kitchen brush... lots of stain came out into the sink but it didnt seem to change the color any. I am not recommending this but it did do the trick without ruining it that time.

the kitchen brush is very similar to the toothbrush idea. I thought a toothbrush would be good b/c it's smaller.

Good luck...I hope the damp toothbrush or kitchen brush works for her. I have glaze (powdered sugar, butter and milk) on mine...it ran off of my round stone when doing the peachy cheesecake at a demo and it is ON THERE. Tried getting off by brushing, by getting slightly damp, you name it and it is not budging. That is the ONLY thing that I don't like about our WS pieces...otherwise I think they are beautiful, sturdy, and very functional!

KellyTheChef said:
Good luck...I hope the damp toothbrush or kitchen brush works for her. I have glaze (powdered sugar, butter and milk) on mine...it ran off of my round stone when doing the peachy cheesecake at a demo and it is ON THERE. Tried getting off by brushing, by getting slightly damp, you name it and it is not budging. That is the ONLY thing that I don't like about our WS pieces...otherwise I think they are beautiful, sturdy, and very functional!

I totally know what you mean. Happened with the same recipe too. It is glue now...Gorilla Glue!

chefruthie said:
I totally know what you mean. Happened with the same recipe too. It is glue now...Gorilla Glue!

Me too! I can't remember what all that I tried, but I couldn't get it all off.

Thanks Everyone!!!

I can't remember....can we put the stones hot on these?

byrd1956 said:
I can't remember....can we put the stones hot on these?
Yes you absolutely can put a hot stone on the woven trays!

Thanks for your comment. I actually chatted a cc yesterday and they e-mailed me a copy of the use and care! I suggested that there be a place on cc for us to be able to see old and new use of care cards; putting them under the silverware tray just doesn't work anymore. I have too many.

1. How should I clean my woven trays?

To clean your woven trays, simply wipe them down with a damp cloth or sponge using mild soap and water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers as they can damage the material.

2. Can I put my woven trays in the dishwasher?

No, it is not recommended to put your woven trays in the dishwasher as the high heat and strong detergents can cause the material to warp or fade.

3. How do I remove stubborn stains from my woven trays?

If there are stubborn stains on your woven trays, mix equal parts water and white vinegar and gently scrub the stained area with a soft-bristled brush. Rinse with water and let it air dry.

4. Can I use bleach to clean my woven trays?

No, bleach should not be used to clean woven trays as it can weaken the material and cause discoloration.

5. How can I prevent my woven trays from getting moldy?

To prevent mold growth, make sure to thoroughly dry your woven trays after cleaning and avoid storing them in damp or humid areas. If mold does appear, mix equal parts water and white vinegar and gently scrub the affected area before rinsing with water and drying completely.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• snugbug
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
snugbug
Replies
Views
Impatient
  • completelychristie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies