• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can truffle oil be used in a kitchen spritzer?

and so will you!Thanks for posting this! I saw it a while back but of course it was no where to be found when I needed it!I can't download this. What does it say to do?I can't download this. What does it say to do?
jillchef
I was at a show this morning and someone asked me about how to clean the pump of the kitchen spritzer. She said hers was moldy after a while. Besides just using soap and water any ideas?

Here is a flyer that helps with the Kitchen Spritzer and the Suds Pump.

Attachments

• Kitchen Spritzer and Suds Pump.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 847
chef_leeanne said:

Thanks Leeanne, that was very helpful!!:D

chef_leeanne said:

LOVE it! Thank you Lee Anne!

Thanks for posting this! I saw it a while back but of course it was no where to be found when I needed it!

I can't download this. What does it say to do?

Jolene Murphy said:
I can't download this. What does it say to do?
Here it isPumpin’ & Spritzin’ with EaseThe following information can help you maximize the effectiveness of two of our very popularproducts—The Suds Pump™ and the Kitchen Spritzer™. With a solid understanding regardinguse and care of Pump and the Spritzer, you’ll be able to avoid the sticking or clogging of themechanism that can occur due to the thickening of oil and soap when they are exposed to the air.Follow these steps to keep you Suds Pump pumpin’ and your Kitchen Spritzer spritzin’ . . .Using the Suds Pump™• Always mix the soap and water. To do this, fill as directed and turn the Suds Pump up and downa few times.• If using a concentrated soap, use less soap as directed on the soap bottle label. For example, ifthe label suggests using 1/3 the amount of recommended soap, then only fill ½ of the way up tothe soap fill line on the Suds Pump bottle. Fill the water all the way to the water fill line.• Use the cap! To prevent soap from drying out in the pump mechanism, always keep the capsecure on the pump.• When ready to fill, empty the contents and clean as directed…Cleaning the Suds Pump™The Suds Pump has seven parts that need to be pulled apart for cleaning. We recommend youdo this over a surface that has edges, so that no parts are lost.1.Remove the cap and unscrew the bottle from the pump/collar.2.Remove the long, thin 3 ½“ tube from the pump by gently pulling on it.3.Pull the clear cup piece that fits into the pump to/collar by slowly twisting downward. The ballbearing will come out at this point. Do not misplace the ball bearing.4.Finally, pull gently on the spring, and an addition plastic tube with a spring will pull away. Thisleaves you with the white pump and collar.5.Soak all parts in extremely hot (not boiling) water. Let all parts dry completely—overnight, ifpossible. To reassemble, follow above steps in reverse.Using the Kitchen Spritzer™• Be sure to store your Spritzer away from extreme heat. Remember, even your refrigerator givesoff heat, so keep the Spritzer away from the outside surface of your refrigerator! Heat will changeand thicken the oil, making it tacky or sticky.• Only fill to the LOW line on the bottle – think “more air than oil”. The biggest mistake newSpritzer owners make, is overfilling the bottle. This makes the mechanism sluggish and you cannever build up enough air pressure.• The pumping action pressurizes the air in the bottole, and brings oil up into the tube. Whenfinished spraying the oil, loosen the collar which will release the pressure created by pumping.The oil will then flow back into the bottle. Retighten and cap to store between uses. If the pumpstays pressurized and oil remains in the mechanism too long, it can cause sticking, and exposesthat oil in the tube to the outside air.•Change the oil in you Spritzer approximately every two months. Prior to refilling, clean yourSpritzer completely using the steps below.Cleaning the Kitchen Spritzer™The Kitchen Spritzer has five parts that need to be pulled apart for cleaning.1.Remove the cap and pull out the white inner tube.2.Unscrew the collar and spray nozzle from the bottle.3.Remove the collar from the spray nozzle portion. The remaining tube and collar assemblyshould not be pulled apart.4.Soak all five parts in a solution of very hot (not boiling) water and vinegar. Use a ratio of 1 cupwater and 1 tablespoon of distilled white vinegar. Let all parts dry completely beforereassembling.

ALSO - remember to fully remove air from the Spritzer each time you use it - don't put it away pressurized or two bad things happen: 1- it constantly pressures the seal gasket which fails sooner than it should, and 2-it keeps oil up inside the small release tube, where it can go rancid sooner than it otherwise would. To release air pressure, just unscrew it. Kind of like "burping" a Tu-------competitor's storage container lids, this is a level of care that will make your Spritzer last longer.

A little off topic- but, can truffle oil be used in the kitchen spritzer? I'm not really familiar with truffle oil or its viscosity. If someone could let me know, I'd appreciate it!

1. How do I clean the Kitchen Spritzer?

To clean the Kitchen Spritzer, first remove the sprayer attachment from the bottle. Then, wash the bottle and attachment in warm, soapy water. Rinse thoroughly and allow to air dry before reassembling.

2. Can I put the Kitchen Spritzer in the dishwasher?

No, the Kitchen Spritzer is not dishwasher safe. It is recommended to wash it by hand with warm, soapy water.

3. What type of cleaner can I use in the Kitchen Spritzer?

The Kitchen Spritzer is designed to work with oil-based liquids, such as cooking oils or vinegar. Do not use thick or chunky liquids, as they may clog the sprayer.

4. How often should I clean the Kitchen Spritzer?

It is recommended to clean the Kitchen Spritzer after each use. This will help prevent buildup and keep the sprayer working properly.

5. Can I use the Kitchen Spritzer for non-food items?

No, the Kitchen Spritzer is specifically designed for use with food items. Using it with non-food items may cause cross-contamination and affect the sprayer's performance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Tracy99
  • PamperMeDawn
  • Products and Tips
Replies