• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning the Holiday Plates

In summary, Becky's water made her dishwasher-safe plates water-marked after one use. Amanda's water made her dishwasher-safe plates spotty after one use.
jbdowd0798
Gold Member
Hey All,

Has anyone found that cleaning the plates (appetizer or serving) is a PAIN?? They say they are dishwasher safe but I hand washed mine. I let them air dry just like you would the dishwasher and they have water marks all over them! :cry: Of course, I have the large plate and borrow my mom's appetizer to do shows and they look horrible!! I'm NOT impressed with how they clean. I tried Windex on them and it didn't really help.

I'd be very angry (I had a different word but won't say it) if I was a customer and bought them and then they look horrible after one use.

Thanks.

Becky

It's your water, not the plates, I would think. Aren't the plates just glass? Doesn't it depend on your water? Before we got a water softener, our glasses ended up really spotty and sometimes even a film over time. Rinse under really hot water, they should dry faster. Maybe that'll help. Or towel dry them so that the water doesn't leave the deposits.

First of all, I'm pretty sure these are not dishwater safe!

And second, I've never had problems washing them. But I agree with Amanda, it is probably a hard water issue. You can uses a little lemon juice or vinegar to get off the spots, but try to dry them off straight away to avoid it happening.

Yes, it is your water, not the plates. Dry them immediately so you don't get the spots on them.

I have hard water, and I had the same problem. Drying them right away solved the problem. I double-checked my Use & Care Guide. They are NOT dishwasher safe.

Use the microfiber towels to dry them..they dry everything so thoroughly!!! Love them:love:

raebates said:
I have hard water, and I had the same problem. Drying them right away solved the problem. I double-checked my Use & Care Guide. They are NOT dishwasher safe.

That's too bad because when they were announced at conference, they even said that they were dishwasher safe. :(

There was a blurb on Weekly Bites (or whatever it's called now) that came out early in the season explaining that the "dishwasher safe" thing was a mistake. Or was that the dots? At any rate, I've found what others have suggested, drying them right away makes a big difference! Also, right before I use them, I usually spiff them up with a microfiber towel to get rid of fingerprints and such.

pamperedbybarbara said:
Use the microfiber towels to dry them..they dry everything so thoroughly!!! Love them:love:

I was just going to say the EXACT same thing!!! :D The Microfiber towels are the BEST on glass/china. NO lint leftovers either. I just wash them, and hand dry them right away.

What is the best way to remove stubborn food stains from my holiday plates?

The best way to remove stubborn food stains from your holiday plates is to soak them in warm water and dish soap for about 15 minutes before washing them in the sink with a non-abrasive sponge. If the stains are still present, you can make a paste with baking soda and water and gently scrub the affected area. Rinse with warm water and dry with a soft cloth.

Can I put my holiday plates in the dishwasher?

Yes, most of our holiday plates are dishwasher safe. However, it is always best to check the product label or instruction manual to make sure. Some delicate or hand-painted plates may not be suitable for dishwasher use.

How should I store my holiday plates after the holiday season?

To properly store your holiday plates, make sure they are completely clean and dry. Then stack them in a cool, dry place with a layer of padding or tissue paper in between each plate. This will prevent them from scratching or chipping and keep them in good condition for next year.

Is it safe to use metal utensils on my holiday plates?

It is generally not recommended to use metal utensils on your holiday plates, as they can scratch and damage the surface. We recommend using wooden, plastic, or silicone utensils to preserve the quality of your plates.

What is the best way to store my holiday plates if I have limited cabinet space?

If you have limited cabinet space, you can invest in plate racks or stands to store your holiday plates vertically. This will save space and also make it easier to access the plates when you need them. Alternatively, you can also use a plate storage box or stack the plates in a designated area with padding in between each plate to prevent damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchefjane
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • merego
  • Products and Tips
Replies