• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Cleaning: Expert Tips for Killing Bacteria and Maintaining Hygiene

R
rhonda4554
I need advice: what do you say when a customer is grossed out by the idea of not washing a stone with soap to kill any bacteria that might be there? Does anyone know how you can be sure that bacteria is not growing on your stone? I have had customers that said they wash their stones with soap all the time and have no problems whatsoever...what can I say to that?

rhonda4554 said:
I need advice: what do you say when a customer is grossed out by the idea of not washing a stone with soap to kill any bacteria that might be there? Does anyone know how you can be sure that bacteria is not growing on your stone? I have had customers that said they wash their stones with soap all the time and have no problems whatsoever...what can I say to that?
I have run into similiar people. If you can good enough scraper and rinse it with water there shouldn't be a problem. Any bacteria on the stone is killed by the oven heat anyway.

Unless dishwashing liquids are labeled Antibacterial they don't kill germs, all they do is contain an agent to help losen food from the dish.The stones clean so easy they don't need that. Hot water and a scraper cleans the stones just as good as using a cleaner and theres no risk of the soap bonding with the seasoning. I've been with PAmpered Chef 15 years, never a problem and stoneware has been around for centuries.

I tell my customers that if this an issue for them, put their stoneware in the oven to kill the bacteria. Even after turning the oven off and eating dinner, the oven is usually still above 150 degrees - which is hotter than dishwashers.

Hi there! As a pampered chef consultant, I completely understand your concern about bacteria on your stone. However, the unique composition of our stones actually makes them naturally resistant to bacteria growth. The high heat of the oven also helps to kill any potential bacteria. That being said, if you are still uncomfortable with not using soap, you can always use a mild soap and warm water to clean your stone. Just be sure to rinse it thoroughly afterwards to prevent any soapy residue. Ultimately, it's a personal preference and we want you to feel comfortable with your cooking tools. If you have any other concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. Happy cooking!

1. What is the best way to clean stoneware and kill bacteria?

The best way to clean stoneware and kill bacteria is to use hot water and a scrub brush. You can also use a mild detergent or a mixture of water and white vinegar for tougher stains. It is not recommended to use soap on stoneware as it can leave a residue and potentially affect the taste of your food.

2. How can I be sure that my stoneware is free of bacteria?

While it is not possible to guarantee that your stoneware is completely free of bacteria, proper cleaning and maintenance can greatly reduce the risk. Make sure to thoroughly wash your stoneware after each use and allow it to fully dry before storing it. Regularly inspect your stoneware for any cracks or damage that may harbor bacteria.

3. What should I do if I am grossed out by the idea of not using soap on my stoneware?

If you are uncomfortable with not using soap on your stoneware, you can use a mild detergent or a mixture of water and white vinegar to clean it. Just make sure to rinse it thoroughly and allow it to fully dry before using it again. It is important to note that using soap on stoneware is not recommended as it can leave a residue and potentially affect the taste of your food.

4. Can I use soap on my stoneware without any negative effects?

While some people may have no problems using soap on their stoneware, it is generally not recommended. Soap can leave a residue and potentially affect the taste of your food. It is best to stick to using hot water and a scrub brush for cleaning stoneware.

5. Are there any alternatives to using soap for cleaning stoneware?

Yes, there are alternatives to using soap for cleaning stoneware. You can use hot water and a scrub brush, a mild detergent, or a mixture of water and white vinegar. These alternatives are effective in removing bacteria and are less likely to leave a residue or affect the taste of your food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjulieg
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
pamperedmom24
  • km.spoiledcook
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
jennc112
  • FFBearPChef