• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Grease off a Bar Pan - Tips & Tricks

I add a small amount of soap to a stone that has a lot of grease and run it under hot water to rinse immediately - or use the baking soda paste.
Monty060609
So I know NO soap and I've told hubby every single time I have it out, so that isn't the problem.

I cooked Oven Fry chicken on the large bar pan last night, it came out awesome, a million times better than on a cookie sheet. BUT now the pan is super greasy, so much so that my hot water (which is wicked hot) doesn't even touch it. I have seen people here mention a baking soda paste, is that just baking soda and water? would that work on grease?

Do you have an easy clean kitchen brush? Just give it a good scrub under hot water.

Vinegar...and even vinegar and baking soda.

What's your recipe for Oven Fried Chicken? Is it a PC recipe? Sounds good.

Chefgirl2 said:
What's your recipe for Oven Fried Chicken? Is it a PC recipe? Sounds good.

LOL no it is just like Shake and Bake only it is called Oven Fry. It is way better than S-n-B.
Most of my recipes come out of a box LOL

Never had shake n bake...isn't that weird?? not s n b...me not having it...

Last edited:
Chefgirl2 said:
Never had shake n bake...isn't that weird??

don't bother, get oven fry is you ever see it. :)

when mine get greasy I sprinkle baking soda on it, and just a touch of water to make a paste and rub it in with my fingers or a kitchen brush..and it pulls the grease right off

I use baking soda on mine too when it gets like that. Have for years, seems to do the trick :)

I use soap on my bar pan & DCB ... I've even heard of people putting them in the dishwasher, which I don't!

cookingwithdot said:
I use soap on my bar pan & DCB ... I've even heard of people putting them in the dishwasher, which I don't!

No soap at all. The stones will eventually hold the taste of the soap and then everything will taste like it.
I have tried the baking soda but now it looks all stained. I might post a picture to see if you all think it is normal looking.

IMG00093.jpg

this is my bar pan, after the oven fried chicken grease mess and using baking soda & water. The middle 'cleaner' looking part is where the chicken was.
If this what a seasoned pan looks like?

If your stone is seasoned, you can safely wash it in dishwater to cut the grease. This is a quick swish in the soapy water, not a soak.

Does your pan feel smooth or does it still feel a bit like sandpaper?

it is smooth and not sticky
It is only a few weeks old and used maybe 8 times for pizza crust type recipes and once for the chicken and once for french fries. I have no idea what a seasoned stone looks/feels/smells (lol) like

For future - if you don't want as much grease on your stone - put a piece of parchment paper under what you're cooking. This will absorb more of that and have less for you to clean up.

Monty060609 said:
IMG00093.jpg

this is my bar pan, after the oven fried chicken grease mess and using baking soda & water. The middle 'cleaner' looking part is where the chicken was.
If this what a seasoned pan looks like?

That is what a stone looks like on it's way to being seasoned! :D:thumbup:

chefjeanine said:
If your stone is seasoned, you can safely wash it in dishwater to cut the grease. This is a quick swish in the soapy water, not a soak.

Does your pan feel smooth or does it still feel a bit like sandpaper?

NO! The test kitchens DO NOT recommend this. It could cause a stress (fine) fracture in the stoneware and cause breakage. I know that some people do this but it is like russian roulette.

I add a small amount of soap to a stone that has a lot of grease on the surface, then run it under hot water to rinse immediately - or use the baking soda paste. We also need to be careful about telling people to use soap. A tiny amount that's rinsed right off a very greasy pan doesn't seem to cause an issue but people take that as they can use soap to clean it regularly.

Thanks everyone!
Now I can put it away since I've had it out for a week on the counter to remind myself to get an answer on it and post a picture of it to make sure it is ok. lol

BethCooks4U said:
NO! The test kitchens DO NOT recommend this. It could cause a stress (fine) fracture in the stoneware and cause breakage. I know that some people do this but it is like russian roulette.

I add a small amount of soap to a stone that has a lot of grease on the surface, then run it under hot water to rinse immediately - or use the baking soda paste. We also need to be careful about telling people to use soap. A tiny amount that's rinsed right off a very greasy pan doesn't seem to cause an issue but people take that as they can use soap to clean it regularly.

Look closely....;) (she said dishWATER, not dishWASHER...and I think that is what you are talking about causing stress fractures - right?)

ChefBeckyD said:
Look closely....;) (she said dishWATER, not dishWASHER...and I think that is what you are talking about causing stress fractures - right?)

Oh! My bad. Sorry.

ChefBeckyD said:

ha, that's funny, I would've swore it said dishwasher too! Good eye Becky! I agree with you though, that is how the stone should look at this point if she's only had it for a few weeks. And if it feels smooth and not greasy any more, put it away until you use it next time, it's fine!

BethCooks4U said:

Beth, re-read my post. It says dish"water" not dish"washer"

You're not the only one Beth :) I read dishwasher too LOL

1. How do I remove burnt-on grease from my bar pan?

To remove burnt-on grease from your bar pan, mix equal parts baking soda and water to create a paste. Spread the paste over the greasy areas and let it sit for at least 30 minutes. Then, use a non-abrasive sponge or brush to scrub the grease away. Rinse with warm water and dry the pan thoroughly before using again.

2. Can I use harsh chemicals to clean my bar pan?

No, we do not recommend using harsh chemicals to clean your bar pan. These chemicals can be harmful to the pan's surface and may leave residue that can transfer to your food. Stick to natural cleaning methods, such as baking soda and water, to clean your bar pan.

3. How often should I clean my bar pan?

Ideally, you should clean your bar pan after each use. This will prevent any buildup of grease or residue and ensure that your pan is ready for the next use. If you notice any stubborn grease or burnt-on food, you may need to give it a more thorough cleaning.

4. Can I put my bar pan in the dishwasher?

Yes, most bar pans are dishwasher safe. However, it's always best to check the manufacturer's instructions before putting your pan in the dishwasher. Some pans may be made of materials that are not safe for the dishwasher or may have special cleaning instructions.

5. How do I prevent grease from building up on my bar pan?

To prevent grease buildup on your bar pan, make sure to clean it thoroughly after each use. You can also line the pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper before cooking to catch any excess grease. Additionally, avoid using too much oil or cooking spray when using your bar pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPeg
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Traci loves tocook
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • RMDave