1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Cleaning stoneware

1. Should you only use the nylon scrapers to clean the stoneware? What about the kitchen brush - would that be alright?

May 9, 2009
  2. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

I believe the kitchen brush was created for that purpose....just don't use any soap. I use a hard bristled dollar store brush to clean my stones....hubby understands it's only for my stoneware, and that never, ever should it be near soap.:D

3. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I use the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush on my stones all the time.

May 9, 2009
  4. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Yes, the Kitchen Brush was designed for the stones. I like it better than the others you can buy at the stores because it has a built in scraper.

Also, I often throw mine in the dishwasher when it looks like it needs it!

5. Jolie_Paradoxe

I agree it is better, just using the dollar store one until I can get the real thing! :D

A guest at one of my teammates brought her kitchen brush to the party. She'd had it for over 10 years, AND my teammate said it looked like it was new! PC really makes quality items, and it's nice to know that our guests are getting their money's worth! Can you imagine how many dollar store brushes I'll have bought in that 10 year span?

6. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

I bought the brush and LOVE it!!! Then my DH washed his hands with it after cleaning his carborator!!!!!!! ARGGGGGG!!!!! It belongs to him now and I got another one for my stones, I keep it hidden. LOL

7. BlessedWifeMommy

Oh my!!! Yep, I would say it is his.

8. Thanks!

I'm using a cheap one now, but I'll add the Easy Clean to my list! Thank you!

May 10, 2009
  9. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

I almost had a heart attack when I read this line, but then I realized you meant the brush and not the stone (right?).

May 10, 2009
  10. Jolie_Paradoxe

That's a smart way to make sure he gets one! lol You should have told him you would have been glad to buy him one! Now we can use his tip on how versatile our products are! :D

11. BlessedWifeMommy

Yes, the brush, not the stone. However, I do have to admit I have put a old small bar pan in the dishwasher with only baking soda to wash it. It was so sticky (and yucky black on the edges) that it was that or it went out. I am not recommending it, this was a last resort. It worked enough to salvage the stone. Oh and before I did so, I had let the paste of baking soda sit on it and dry, scrubbed it, and repeated, and repeated.

12. Chef Bobby

Chef Bobby Veteran Member Gold Member

My favorite cleaning tool for my stones is the green scotchbrite pads. I make sure to rinse any soap out of them first. They work good for getting into the corners of the barpans.

May 10, 2009
  13. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

When I do this it turns my stones green!

I like the home made scrubbies I find at church bazzars. I stock up when I find well made ones.

May 10, 2009
  14. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I prefer the kitchen brush over the scrapers for my stoneware. Keeps my hands out of the hot water and cleans then perfectly.

May 10, 2009
  15. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I'm also waiting for my dollar store one to get worn out. I'm anxious to get a PC brush!

May 10, 2009
  16. kristina16marie

kristina16marie Advanced Member Gold Member

Correction: My host had her kitchen brush for 15 years, not 10. I just about fell over when she told me that!! The bristles were shorter from all the use, but not spread out like the cheapo ones. I was amazed! I absolutely love mine & tell all my customers that if you have a stone (especially the fluted pan with all it's grooves) that you MUST have the kitchen brush. Once I got mine, I could never imagine going back to just using the scraper or something else. Hope that helps!

17. Jolie_Paradoxe

I stand corrected. :blushing: Sorry.....couldn't remember if it was 10 or 15, so decided to use the shorter time........tee hee.....

Have something to add?