• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Stoneware: Nylon Scrapers vs. Kitchen Brush

I prefer the kitchen brush over the scrapers for my stoneware. Keeps my hands out of the hot water and cleans then perfectly.I'm also waiting for my dollar store one to get worn out. I'm anxious to...The Kitchen Brush is better than the nylon scrapers because it has a built-in scraper. I often throw mine in the dishwasher when it looks like it needs it! The Kitchen Brush is better than the nylon scrapers because it has a built-in scraper. I often throw mine in the dishwasher when it looks like it needs it!
naturalmom
Should you only use the nylon scrapers to clean the stoneware? What about the kitchen brush - would that be alright?

I believe the kitchen brush was created for that purpose....just don't use any soap. I use a hard bristled dollar store brush to clean my stones....hubby understands it's only for my stoneware, and that never, ever should it be near soap.:D

I use the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush on my stones all the time.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I believe the kitchen brush was created for that purpose....just don't use any soap. I use a hard bristled dollar store brush to clean my stones....hubby understands it's only for my stoneware, and that never, ever should it be near soap.:D

Yes, the Kitchen Brush was designed for the stones. I like it better than the others you can buy at the stores because it has a built in scraper.

Also, I often throw mine in the dishwasher when it looks like it needs it!

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Yes, the Kitchen Brush was designed for the stones. I like it better than the others you can buy at the stores because it has a built in scraper.

I agree it is better, just using the dollar store one until I can get the real thing! :D

A guest at one of my teammates brought her kitchen brush to the party. She'd had it for over 10 years, AND my teammate said it looked like it was new! PC really makes quality items, and it's nice to know that our guests are getting their money's worth! Can you imagine how many dollar store brushes I'll have bought in that 10 year span?

I bought the brush and LOVE it!!! Then my DH washed his hands with it after cleaning his carborator!!!!!!! ARGGGGGG!!!!! It belongs to him now and I got another one for my stones, I keep it hidden. LOL

Crystal Patton said:
I bought the brush and LOVE it!!! Then my DH washed his hands with it after cleaning his carborator!!!!!!! ARGGGGGG!!!!! It belongs to him now and I got another one for my stones, I keep it hidden. LOL

Oh my!!! Yep, I would say it is his.

Thanks!I'm using a cheap one now, but I'll add the Easy Clean to my list! Thank you!

BlessedWifeMommy said:

I almost had a heart attack when I read this line, but then I realized you meant the brush and not the stone (right?).

Crystal Patton said:

That's a smart way to make sure he gets one! lol You should have told him you would have been glad to buy him one! Now we can use his tip on how versatile our products are! :D

pampchefsarah said:
I almost had a heart attack when I read this line, but then I realized you meant the brush and not the stone (right?).

Yes, the brush, not the stone. However, I do have to admit I have put a old small bar pan in the dishwasher with only baking soda to wash it. It was so sticky (and yucky black on the edges) that it was that or it went out. I am not recommending it, this was a last resort. It worked enough to salvage the stone. Oh and before I did so, I had let the paste of baking soda sit on it and dry, scrubbed it, and repeated, and repeated.

My favorite cleaning tool for my stones is the green scotchbrite pads. I make sure to rinse any soap out of them first. They work good for getting into the corners of the barpans.

Chef Bobby said:
My favorite cleaning tool for my stones is the green scotchbrite pads. I make sure to rinse any soap out of them first. They work good for getting into the corners of the barpans.

When I do this it turns my stones green!

I like the home made scrubbies I find at church bazzars. I stock up when I find well made ones.

I prefer the kitchen brush over the scrapers for my stoneware. Keeps my hands out of the hot water and cleans then perfectly.

I'm also waiting for my dollar store one to get worn out. I'm anxious to get a PC brush!

Correction: My host had her kitchen brush for 15 years, not 10. I just about fell over when she told me that!! The bristles were shorter from all the use, but not spread out like the cheapo ones. I was amazed! I absolutely love mine & tell all my customers that if you have a stone (especially the fluted pan with all it's grooves) that you MUST have the kitchen brush. Once I got mine, I could never imagine going back to just using the scraper or something else. Hope that helps!

kristina16marie said:
Correction: My host had her kitchen brush for 15 years, not 10. I just about fell over when she told me that!! The bristles were shorter from all the use, but not spread out like the cheapo ones. I was amazed! I absolutely love mine & tell all my customers that if you have a stone (especially the fluted pan with all it's grooves) that you MUST have the kitchen brush. Once I got mine, I could never imagine going back to just using the scraper or something else. Hope that helps!

I stand corrected. :blushing: Sorry.....couldn't remember if it was 10 or 15, so decided to use the shorter time........tee hee.....

1. How do I clean my stoneware?

To clean your stoneware, you can use either a nylon scraper or a kitchen brush. Both options are safe for stoneware and effectively remove food residue.

2. Which is better for cleaning stoneware - a nylon scraper or a kitchen brush?

Both a nylon scraper and a kitchen brush are effective for cleaning stoneware. It ultimately comes down to personal preference. Some people may find a scraper easier to use for removing stuck-on food, while others may prefer the scrubbing action of a kitchen brush.

3. Is it safe to use a nylon scraper on stoneware?

Yes, a nylon scraper is safe to use on stoneware. The nylon material is gentle enough to not damage the stoneware surface, but strong enough to remove food residue.

4. Can I use a kitchen brush on stoneware?

Yes, a kitchen brush is safe to use on stoneware. The bristles are typically made of nylon or silicone, which are both safe for stoneware surfaces.

5. How should I clean my stoneware after each use?

To clean your stoneware after each use, rinse it with hot water and use a nylon scraper or kitchen brush to remove any food residue. Avoid using soap or harsh cleaners, as they can damage the stoneware and affect its non-stick properties. Allow the stoneware to air dry before storing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
pmprdprettyinsnj
  • mommyhugz1978
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • schel