• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Save My Padded Envelope After My Cat Peed On It?

In summary, the person tried to soak their padded envelope in hot water with dish soap, bleach, and vinegar, but the smell is still strong. They also tried washing the cookware protector in laundry detergent, but it still has a strong smell. They suggest baking soda in the washing machine as a last resort before tossing the item.
babywings76
Gold Member
Okay, this is a very gross and embarrassing situation, but I have to ask. My cat peed on my small padded envelope that I had my DCB stored in and had sitting in my clean, small washtub bin in my dining room. I didn't discover this until I pulled my DCB out of the padded envelope at my last show. YUCK!!! :yuck: :yuck: :cry: :eek: I tried to soak it in hot water w/ dish soap, but it still smells. Should I put it in the washing machine or bleach it or use vinegar? Or throw it away? I tried to wash the cookware protector, but now it smells strongly of laundry detergent that I can't use it.

babywings76 said:
Okay, this is a very gross and embarrassing situation, but I have to ask. My cat peed on my small padded envelope that I had my DCB stored in and had sitting in my clean, small washtub bin in my dining room. I didn't discover this until I pulled my DCB out of the padded envelope at my last show. YUCK!!! :yuck: :yuck: :cry: :eek: I tried to soak it in hot water w/ dish soap, but it still smells. Should I put it in the washing machine or bleach it or use vinegar? Or throw it away? I tried to wash the cookware protector, but now it smells strongly of laundry detergent that I can't use it.

I have washed mine in the washing machine, but I did not use bleach. Just reg. detergent was fine... HTH :D

I've washed mine in the washing machine before due to some chicken grease that got on it after a show...but honestly, cat urine is one of the hardest things to get out (it has amonia in it) and if it were ME (and I have 2 cats) I would pitch it. You don't want to come into someone's home with even a HINT of urine smell on one of your items.

Woolite makes an awesome product - Pet Urine Eliminator - that you spray on, just rub in with a damp sponge and let dry. It works on dog & cat smells & stains. I swear by it.;)

I don't own a cat, but baking soda in the washing machine is an amazing odor eliminator. It works well on potty-training toddler clothing/bedding. Even though they are through that stage, I still use it in all my loads of laundry. My sister swears by it too. She's used it all through her teenage-boys-in-the-house laundry years.If you are considering throwing it away anyway, run it through a cycle in the dishwasher (top shelf and probably by itself) as a last resort before tossing it. If anything will sterilize it, THAT will.

Sheila said:
I don't own a cat, but baking soda in the washing machine is an amazing odor eliminator. It works well on potty-training toddler clothing/bedding. Even though they are through that stage, I still use it in all my loads of laundry. My sister swears by it too. She's used it all through her teenage-boys-in-the-house laundry years.

If you are considering throwing it away anyway, run it through a cycle in the dishwasher (top shelf and probably by itself) as a last resort before tossing it. If anything will sterilize it, THAT will.

How much baking soda? I've been wanting to do something with my gym clothes but I know next to nothing about doing laundry because putting it in and pushing the buttons.

At least 1/4 cup. When the kids would pee on stuff (while potty training), I'd use 1/3 to 1/2 of the boxes that you buy for the fridge per load. I still use it though! I bought a big bag from Sam's and use about 1/2 cup per load. I like to get kids clothes at resale shops and they always have a funny odor. I'll use a cup or more on those loads to get that smell out! LOL

Sheila said:
At least 1/4 cup. When the kids would pee on stuff (while potty training), I'd use 1/3 to 1/2 of the boxes that you buy for the fridge per load. I still use it though! I bought a big bag from Sam's and use about 1/2 cup per load. I like to get kids clothes at resale shops and they always have a funny odor. I'll use a cup or more on those loads to get that smell out! LOL
Thanks - going to have to give it a try

What are the best products to use to clean padded envelopes?

We recommend using a mild soap and warm water to clean padded envelopes. You can also use a gentle all-purpose cleaner or a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the padding.

Can I put padded envelopes in the washing machine?

No, padded envelopes should not be put in the washing machine. The agitation and water can damage the padding and cause the envelope to lose its shape. It is best to hand wash padded envelopes with gentle cleaning products.

How do I remove stains from padded envelopes?

For light stains, you can try using a damp cloth and mild soap to gently scrub the stained area. For tougher stains, you can make a paste using baking soda and water and apply it to the stain. Let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it off with a damp cloth. Always test a small, inconspicuous area first to make sure the cleaning solution does not damage the envelope.

Can I reuse padded envelopes?

It is not recommended to reuse padded envelopes as they may not provide the same level of protection for your items. Plus, the padding may become worn and less effective after repeated use. It is best to use a new padded envelope for each shipment.

How should I store padded envelopes?

Padded envelopes should be stored in a dry, cool place away from direct sunlight. Avoid storing them in areas with high humidity or extreme temperatures as this can damage the padding and adhesive. Make sure to keep them flat and avoid stacking heavy objects on top of them to prevent crushing or misshaping the envelopes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nancycookspc
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • gilliandanielle
  • General Chat
Replies