• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Restore Lustre to New Grill Pans: Tips and Products for Cleaning

In summary, the grilling pans are looking a little rough, and the cleaning suggestions offered by the company are not going to restore the lustre. It may be possible to clean them using baking soda paste or hot water, but the pans will still look "used."
Jennie50
I've used the BBQ Roasting Pan twice, the Vegetable Rack once, and the BBQ Pizza Pan once, and all are lookin' kinda rough already. I know the Use and Care says that the lustre would not be restored by washing after initial use, but I wondered if anyone knew of a product (CLR or one of those uber-strong cleaning sprays) that could be safely used to make 'em a lil' more presentable to take to shows? Even if I had to rewash them after using to remove any residual chemicals before using them with food?

I want to take them to a show Friday night where I plan to feature a lot of the new products, but I'm kinda embarrassed to take them looking like they are.

I would think that Bar Keepers Friend would work. I don't have the pan yet so my reply is purely speculation.

My dad has gone through 3 grill baskets now because they just get super nasty and he's a clean freak in cleaning them as much as possible. I feel like I get one for him twice a year since they grill vegetables almost every night - I guess you can do that living in Florida ;)

I purchase a second set( or earn it) that is my show set- it is NEW and no one is to use it-

however- IF i am going to use a piece at the show I do bring the used one

I use SOS pads. Stainless cleaner will also work. both make them look like new =)

I called HO to ask if they could recommend a product, but they had no suggestions to offer. I have some stainless steel cleaner around the house, so I'll give that a try!

SOS works wonders.

I put it on the self clean cycle in the oven and it helped, does not restore the new look to it, but it is very clean. I have used this no less than 10 times already! Love it and I want people to see I use it:)

Doesn't the use & care say to use our stainless cleaner? We don't grill much so I haven't used them yet. Just the pizza pan in the oven and it still looks new.

I would be careful using an SOS pad because it can scratch it up.

I just tell people that it is "patina" and makes it look like you are a seasoned cook! I get a chuckle out of them and they also understand that they won't be keeping the pretty shine after the first use.

I love my flexible grilling basket, but hate cleaning it! Any suggestions out there?

Brenda.the.chef said:
I love my flexible grilling basket, but hate cleaning it! Any suggestions out there?

I've heard that a baking soda paste works really well. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes and then come back and scrub it off. You could also try soaking it in really hot water, but I bet baking soda works better. I do know that when I am cleaning my pizza pan, if I put it in a sink of really hot water as soon as it comes off the grill, it is much easier to clean. :D

It would really be nice if the handles detached so that it would fit in my sink better. It's an awkward shape and I can't immerse the whole basket without filling my sink up to the very brim.

I'm with you I've used it once & it looks terrible! I'll try the baking soda tonight & then our ss cleaner.....hoping it works!

hselby87 said:
I just tell people that it is "patina" and makes it look like you are a seasoned cook! I get a chuckle out of them and they also understand that they won't be keeping the pretty shine after the first use.

I don't want to make mine appear new when taking to shows because I feel the customers will think there is something wrong with theirs when they discolor. (much like I take dark colored stones to shows) They need to see that it will change colors with use. Cleaning tips are one thing, but I want them to feel they are easy to maintain as well.

chefliz I LOVE your thinking! I do the same thing. Any product that I know is never going to look like it did when it was in the box or bag, NEVER will at my shows either. I want the guests to know what it will look like when they use it a lot. Why hide the inevitable and not only that, I feel like it is more ethical. I mean really? It is always going to be nice, shiny and new looking? Nope, no way, no how. I would rather they not order a product then order it then be on my back because I technically LIED to them. Lack of full disclosure about a product is unethical. It is also something someone can sue over. Look at all the ads about drugs that used to be good for you and because this or that company did not fully disclose the side effects, they are currently being sued and the product pulled. So tell it like it is and everyone will be happier for it.

Can't wait to get my grill pan & roaster do I can do pizza on the grill.

I would clean mine no matter what. The SOS really does work and I feel like I get all the burnt food off before using it again or taking it to a show and have customers pick burnt food off. I always tell my customers how I clean it and let them know that it will turn dark with use.

I don't bring anything to shows that I haven't used. I like people to know that I love the products and I feel like if they SEE the use, then they know I am not lying. LOVE the pizza pan btw!

so far, the vegetable rack has been the hardest for me to clean. I don't know if spraying the WHOLE thing would make it easier to clean up? but everything that was NOT covered by potato "flesh" now has that sticky residue (like what you sometimes get on the stoneware where the food isn't covering it?). Very tough to clean!!But the rest of them have cleaned up great, even after being used on the grill (especially the pizza pan).

I don't mind it looking like I use it but the roasting pan after using it the first time is really not presentable. However, the chicken came out great. I m going to try the cleaning suggestions here so it is presentable and I don't mind using it again.

The first one of those I sold I ended up having to get a refund on it because they didn't like that it turned black after they used it on the grill! REALLY! Is your grill all nice and shiny after you used it??? (it was a really bizarre situation since the person who bought it had DIED and her sister, the host, got the refund!)

1. How should I clean my new grill pan after each use?

To clean your new grill pan after each use, allow it to cool down completely. Then, use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth with warm soapy water to gently scrub away any food residue. Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly with a clean towel.

2. Can I use metal utensils on my new grill pan?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on your new grill pan as they can scratch and damage the non-stick coating. It is best to use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils to protect the surface of the pan.

3. How do I remove stubborn stains from my new grill pan?

If your new grill pan has stubborn stains, you can try soaking it in warm soapy water for a few hours before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. You can also use a paste made of baking soda and water to gently scrub away the stains.

4. Can I put my new grill pan in the dishwasher?

No, it is not recommended to put your new grill pan in the dishwasher as the high heat and harsh detergents can damage the non-stick coating. It is best to hand wash your pan with warm soapy water for best results.

5. How do I store my new grill pan?

To ensure the longevity of your new grill pan, it is best to store it in a cool, dry place. If you have limited storage space, you can stack other pans or place a soft cloth in between them to protect the non-stick coating. Avoid storing the pan with heavy objects on top of it to prevent warping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gratergirl
  • heat123
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies