• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the best way to clean glazed stoneware and cookware?

In summary, glazed stoneware can be cleaned by hand washing with warm water and mild soap or by placing it in the dishwasher with proper spacing. Mild soap can be used to clean the stoneware and stubborn stains can be removed with a baking soda paste. It is not recommended to use metal utensils on glazed stoneware and it should be stored carefully with a layer of paper towel or cloth in between each piece. Storing in a cool, dry place is also recommended to prevent cracking or warping.
DebPC
Staff member
Cleaning Pampered Chef Glazed StonewareDawn Dissolve! It works great for the outside of the glazed stoneware and
the outside or our cookware.

Dee Hohn

how to use stone pressI have lost the instructions on using the stone press, is there any one that can help me? I have never used it and I have 2, one is a ginger bread house and other is a teddy bear cookie.

cleaning stonewareI recently had a customer tell me she cleans her stoneware by putting it in the dishwasher WITHOUT the soap. Has anyone else heard of doing this?

Stoneware should NEVER be put in the dishwasher. The fluctuation in temperature will cause the stone to crack. I have two customers who put old stones in the dishwasher and they shattered into tiny pieces. I have heard that stoneware can be put into the oven on a slef cleaning cycle and that will clean it. I have not tried it, but it makes sense since it was originally fired at over 2000 degrees.

I think the whole issue with the stone is to make sure at all times the whole stone is at the same temperature. I put a stone on top of my oven range one time and then turned on the wrong burner to boil water. The stone was on the burner I turned on by mistake and a few minutes later broke into 4 pieces.

I found the best thing to clean it with is baking soda and water. Make a paste with it and let it set. It prevents you from getting any yucky taste on future dishes, but it cleans it well also. I usually use it after cooking meats, especially poultry.

1. How do I clean glazed stoneware?

To clean glazed stoneware, you can hand wash it with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers as they can damage the glaze. You can also place the stoneware in the dishwasher, but make sure to space it out properly and avoid overcrowding to prevent damage.

2. Can I use soap on glazed stoneware?

Yes, you can use mild soap to clean glazed stoneware. Just make sure to rinse it thoroughly with warm water afterwards.

3. How do I remove stains from glazed stoneware?

If you have stubborn stains on your glazed stoneware, you can create a paste using baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the stained area and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing it off with a non-abrasive sponge. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.

4. Can I use metal utensils on glazed stoneware?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on glazed stoneware as they can scratch or damage the surface. Instead, use wooden, silicone, or plastic utensils to avoid any scratching.

5. How should I store my glazed stoneware?

When storing your glazed stoneware, make sure to stack it carefully with a layer of paper towel or cloth in between each piece to prevent any scratches. Avoid stacking too many pieces on top of each other as this can also cause damage. It is best to store glazed stoneware in a cool, dry place to avoid any potential cracking or warping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPeg
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Jennie4PC
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • PampMomof3