• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Glazed Part of Glazed Stoneware

In summary, the conversation discusses various methods for cleaning the glazed part of stoneware, with suggestions ranging from using soap and water to using baking soda or specialized cleaning products like Magic Eraser or Soft-scrub. Some individuals also mention concerns about soap getting onto the unglazed part and causing contamination, while others suggest simply rinsing it off. Overall, the consensus is that it is fine to use soap on the glazed part and that it is not necessary to be a perfect chef when using stoneware.
ChefPeg
Gold Member
How do you clean the glazed part?

The Use & Care guide just has the generic guide for all stoneware, doesn't mention if the glazed part is cleanable with something other than water.

I bought a DCB and the glazed portion of the lid got grease on it. Hot water wasn't getting it off so when I was done with cleaning the inside, I sprayed some 409 on a paper towel and wiped the greasy area.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works like a charm!

I've always used dish soap for the glazed part - it's not affecting any food on the outside of the stoneware.

Gina M said:
I've always used dish soap for the glazed part - it's not affecting any food on the outside of the stoneware.

Yes. There's no reason to not use soap on the glazed parts.

I just use baking soda, like I do on the inside. Thought about using soap on the glazed part, but couldn't see how I would stop the soapy water from running down into the unglazed part and erm, contaminating it. LOL.

I have even used an SOS or Magic Eraser on the glazed portion, or Soft-scrub. Just depended on how bad the build-up was (by the way- HOW on earth does it get on there anyway?! it's the outside for crying out loud....you'd think I was a sloppy cook.)And soap getting onto the unglazed isn't going to ruin it, not if it's just splashed or runs onto it. You aren't washing it in soap. Just rinse it off! ;)

esavvymom said:
I have even used an SOS or Magic Eraser on the glazed portion, or Soft-scrub. Just depended on how bad the build-up was (by the way- HOW on earth does it get on there anyway?! it's the outside for crying out loud....you'd think I was a sloppy cook.)

We're Pampered Chefs, not Perfect Chefs! ;)

I always put it in my hot, soapy dish water. Then I immediately dry it so it doesn't have water spots on it.

ShellBeach said:
I just use baking soda, like I do on the inside. Thought about using soap on the glazed part, but couldn't see how I would stop the soapy water from running down into the unglazed part and erm, contaminating it. LOL.

You clean the inside with baking soda?

So glad I found this thread! I just tried a Magic Eraser on my Mini Baker. Check out the before and after!

Attachments

• mini baker1.jpg
    mini baker1.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 439
  • mini baker 2.jpg
    mini baker 2.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 514

1. How do I clean the glazed part of my stoneware?

To clean the glazed part of your stoneware, simply wash it with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a soft towel.

2. Can I use harsh chemicals or steel wool to clean the glazed stoneware?

No, we do not recommend using harsh chemicals or steel wool on the glazed stoneware as it can damage the glaze and potentially scratch the surface. Stick to gentle dish soap and a soft sponge for best results.

3. What should I do if there are stubborn stains on the glazed stoneware?

If there are stubborn stains on the glazed stoneware, try soaking it in warm soapy water for a few minutes before washing it. You can also use a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste and gently scrub the stained area.

4. Will the glazed stoneware be damaged if I put it in the dishwasher?

No, our glazed stoneware is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend placing it on the top rack and avoiding extreme temperature changes, such as placing it directly from the dishwasher into the freezer.

5. How often should I clean the glazed stoneware?

It is recommended to clean the glazed stoneware after each use to prevent any buildup of food or stains. This will also help prolong the life of the glaze and keep your stoneware looking like new.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Monty060609
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • RaggedyAunt