• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Blades of Pampered Chef Food Chopper

In summary, there are a few different tools that can be used to clean the Pampered Chef Food Chopper blades, such as a toothbrush, pan scraper, or cake tester. Many people have had success cleaning it in the dishwasher, as it is dishwasher safe on the top rack. However, it is important to be careful with the heating element and some have had issues with it melting certain items. For those without a dishwasher, suggestions were made for a tool to clean the Food Chopper and Deluxe Cheese Grater. The Basting Brush is also a useful tool for cleaning the corners and can be cross-sold at shows.
DebPC
Staff member
Cleaning Pampered Chef Food Chopper BladesI have read that the brush that comes with the Baster works really well.

tooth brushI have an old tooth brush that I use and that works really well too.

I use our pan scrapers!

I use the cake tester for those corners that are down in there.

I take mine apart and throw it in the dishwasher. Its dishwasher safe right? I've been doing that for the past few years so it must be. I just see everyone using other things to clean it and wonder if maybe I'm not suppossed to put it in the dishwasher?

Yes. It is dishwasher safe! And that's how I have always cleaned mine. I do try to rinse it off right away, so that there is nothing dried on when it goes into the dishwasher, and it always seems to come out sparkling! :p On ocassion, if I forget to rinse it, there is "something" left behind. Otherwise, I have never had any problems with cleaning it.

I'm a dishwasher gal, too! :)

But remember :) Its only top rack dishwasher safe..away from the heating element! :D

Dumb question - does the heating element of a dishwasher come into play only when you are in the drying cycle? If so, if you don't use the drying cycle, is it OK to put items that are "top rack only" on the lower rack?

Thanks

Paula in TN

That seems logical to me, but I suppose all dishwashers are a little different. My dishwasher has a bottle sterilizing mode, which is great when you have lots of baby bottles to wash, but I had my small chillzanne bowl in there once when I did this, and it melted, even though it was on the top rack. I think the gel inside just got too hot. :eek: I had some other things in there, and they survived. Needless to say, I now hand wash all my Chillzanne things, just to be safe, even though they are supposed to be top rack dishwasher safe. In response to your comment, though, I would think, in a normal cycle, without heated drying, things should be safe even on the bottom.

I use the small brush you get for cleaning baby bottle teets. It is small enough to reach into the corners and the bristles clean away any stubborn bits.

Tasha

At conference, I made note on the "suggestions" paper in the Product Showcase for something to clean the Food Chopper and the Deluxe Cheese Grater for those of us without a dishwasher. I know that a bottle brush will work, but I'd like to be able to offer my guests something to purchase along with these items.

Great idea!
chefbilyeu said:
At conference, I made note on the "suggestions" paper in the Product Showcase for something to clean the Food Chopper and the Deluxe Cheese Grater for those of us without a dishwasher. I know that a bottle brush will work, but I'd like to be able to offer my guests something to purchase along with these items.

Good thinking on having a tool to clean out the cheese grater! Rinsing in warm water usually does the trick for me before I toss it in the dishwasher. But that thing can be a pain sometimes to clean out.

I use my Basting Brush also. It's perfect for the corners and you can cross sell at your shows. :D

What is the best way to clean the blades of my Pampered Chef Food Chopper?

The best way to clean the blades of your Pampered Chef Food Chopper is to disassemble the chopper and wash each part separately with warm, soapy water. Use a small brush or sponge to gently scrub the blades and remove any food particles. Rinse with clean water and allow the parts to air dry before reassembling.

Can I put the blades of my Pampered Chef Food Chopper in the dishwasher?

While the blades of the Pampered Chef Food Chopper are dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing them to prolong their lifespan. The high heat and abrasive detergents used in dishwashers can dull the blades over time.

How often do I need to sharpen the blades of my Pampered Chef Food Chopper?

The blades of the Pampered Chef Food Chopper are made from high-quality stainless steel and should not need to be sharpened. However, if you notice the blades becoming dull or difficult to use, they can be sharpened using a knife sharpener or by contacting Pampered Chef for a replacement.

What should I do if food gets stuck in the blades of my Pampered Chef Food Chopper?

If food gets stuck in the blades of your Pampered Chef Food Chopper, disassemble the chopper and use a soft-bristled brush or toothpick to gently remove any food particles. Avoid using sharp objects as they can damage the blades. Once the food is removed, wash the blades as usual.

How can I prevent rust from forming on the blades of my Pampered Chef Food Chopper?

The blades of the Pampered Chef Food Chopper are made from stainless steel, which is resistant to rust. However, to prevent rust from forming, it is important to dry the blades thoroughly after washing and to store them in a dry place. If rust does appear, gently scrub the affected area with a paste of baking soda and water to remove it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • ms_twana
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • thehaleykitchen