• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Covered Roaster: Tips and Tricks for Removing White Film

In summary, the conversation discussed the use of a covered roaster and the issue of a white film developing on it after use. The individual has used the roaster twice, with and without using a kitchen spritzer with olive oil. They have tried cleaning it by hand in warm soapy water but the film remains. The discussion also mentioned the possibility of the film being caused by a government-mandated ingredient in the water or a defective product. The individual also mentioned trying to soak the roaster to remove the film, but it did not work. They are unsure if the issue is with their water or the roaster itself and plan to seek advice from others before contacting the home office.
Tracy99
Gold Member
Ok so I have used my covered roaster twice now. The first time I used the kitchen spritzer with olive oil first then I made butternut squash in it. When I was cleaning it (by hand in warm soapy water), it seemed to have developed a white film on it. I used it last night and when I went to clean it this morning the same thing seems to be there as I am drying it. Just in certain spots. I didn't use the spritzer this time. Last time I soaked it for an hour and then scrubbed the film off but is this normal? Or am I doing something wrong? I typically don't wash my dinner dishes until the next morning (two young kids, crazy evenings). Ideas?

This has a non-stick surface. why are soaking it? The white spots could be the same as why our microcookers get white spots, government taking an ingredient out of water(can't remember what right now) that causes the white spots. Or it could be defective. I definitely don't have any problems with cleaning my roaster and there is no need to spritz it, it's non-stick!

pchockeymom said:
This has a non-stick surface. why are soaking it? The white spots could be the same as why our microcookers get white spots, government taking an ingredient out of water(can't remember what right now) that causes the white spots. Or it could be defective. I definitely don't have any problems with cleaning my roaster and there is no need to spritz it, it's non-stick!

I soaked it to get the white film off. I didn't soak it until I saw the film wasn't wiping right off. I clean the executive cookware the same way I didn't get the white film so I doubt it is my water. I only sprayed it because the recipe I was using recommended oiling the pan and I figured I'd just spritz it instead. The food didn't stick. It just seems to develop a white film on it. So I was confused. I know it isn't the same material as the executive but I figured the non stick would clean up the same. I'll see if anyone else has any ideas before I email home office for suggestions.

What is the best way to clean my covered roaster?

The best way to clean your covered roaster is to first remove any excess food or residue. Then, fill the roaster with hot soapy water and let it soak for a few minutes. Use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to gently scrub the inside of the roaster, paying special attention to any stubborn spots. Rinse with hot water and dry thoroughly.

Can I put my covered roaster in the dishwasher?

No, we do not recommend putting your covered roaster in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh detergents can damage the non-stick coating and potentially warp the roaster.

How do I remove stuck-on food from my covered roaster?

If food is stuck on your covered roaster, fill it with hot soapy water and let it soak for at least 30 minutes. Then, use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to gently scrub the stuck-on food. For tougher stains, you can also try using a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste and scrub with a soft-bristled brush.

Do I need to season my covered roaster?

No, our covered roasters come pre-seasoned and ready to use. However, if you notice the non-stick coating starting to wear off, you can lightly coat the inside of the roaster with cooking oil and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes to re-season it.

Can I use metal utensils on my covered roaster?

No, we recommend only using non-metal utensils, such as silicone or wooden, on your covered roaster to avoid scratching the non-stick coating. Metal utensils can also damage the coating and affect the performance of the roaster.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • StacieB
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies