• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookware Cleaning: Removing Brown Splotches From the Bottom

In summary, to remove brown splotches from the bottom of your cookware, you can use a mixture of vinegar and baking soda, avoiding abrasive cleaners like steel wool. To prevent the splotches from forming, make sure to dry your cookware thoroughly and avoid using high heat. Using a dishwasher may worsen the stains, so hand washing with gentle cleaners is recommended. While the stains do not affect the performance of the cookware, it is recommended to try and remove them for aesthetic purposes.
beepampered
I have a customer who has the professional cookware. She's going to get a rack and hang her cookware so wants to clean the bottoms. Evidentally, they have brown splotches on the bottom that she wants to clean. Has anyone had this happen and know how to clean and prevent this? Thanks....

I use an SOS pad to clean mine.

HmmmIn the Use and Care, I believe it suggests baking soda and water paste? I would look it up in the PIG online. I would be careful using an SOS pad, this could remove the coating on the bottom.

1. How do I remove brown splotches from the bottom of my cookware?

To remove brown splotches from the bottom of your cookware, you can try using a mixture of equal parts vinegar and baking soda. Spread the mixture over the affected area and let it sit for a few minutes. Then, scrub the area with a non-abrasive sponge or scrub brush and rinse with warm water. Repeat if necessary.

2. Can I use steel wool or abrasive cleaners to remove the brown splotches?

No, it is not recommended to use steel wool or abrasive cleaners on your cookware as they can scratch and damage the surface. Stick to non-abrasive options such as the vinegar and baking soda mixture or a gentle scrub brush.

3. How can I prevent brown splotches from forming on my cookware?

To prevent brown splotches from forming on your cookware, make sure to thoroughly dry your cookware after each use. Also, avoid using high heat when cooking as this can cause food to burn and stick to the bottom of the pan, leading to brown splotches.

4. Will using a dishwasher help remove the brown splotches?

No, using a dishwasher may actually make the brown splotches worse as the high heat and harsh detergents can cause the stains to set in. It is best to hand wash your cookware using gentle cleaners and a non-abrasive sponge.

5. Can I still use my cookware if it has brown splotches on the bottom?

While brown splotches may not look appealing, they do not affect the performance of your cookware. As long as the pan is not damaged or the surface is not flaking off, it is safe to continue using your cookware. However, we recommend trying to remove the stains for aesthetic purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda Rutko
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • aried
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • jrstephens