• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Clean Eating Cooking Show: Ideas for Simple Recipes?

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding recipe ideas for a clean eating cooking show. The suggestions included a chicken and mango salsa dish, a fruit salad with a homemade dressing, and an avocado pesto recipe. The idea of making sweet potato chips and fries was also mentioned. The conversation also touched on concerns about radiation from microwaves and the avoidance of processed foods.
hselby87
Gold Member
I was recently asked if I could do a clean eating cooking show. I know quite a bit about clean eating, but I am drawing a giant blank on what to make. I have looked at all kinds of recipes.

Here is my problem. Generally, clean eating takes more time and has more steps. I want to be able to focus on the products, not the recipe. Any ideas about recipes that would work for a show? Thanks!:eek:

My first thought would be chicken your way with mango salsa on the side. It uses all whole foods and is quick and simple.

I'm not familiar with the clean eating diet (I'm very familiar with the HCG diet) however, I would think a fruit salad would be quick and easy. You can show case the berry/salad spinner, cooling insert, and lid too. I think this would be quick and easy as well. Freeze the insert before the show, spin the colorful berries--blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, add a simple yet clean dressing perhaps agave nectar, lemon juice (citrus press), and poppy seeds; you can even add a banana. Now...can you think of a good clean dessert in the DCB or small round baker to pour this over???

Are the guests leary of microwave recipes due to radiation?

Okay, so I Goodsearched clean eating and I found this interesting recipe...

http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Recipe/Avocado-Pesto-.aspx

The tip on the side note mentions great on sweet potato fries...how about sweet potato chips?

I'm thinking MFP, mini professional shears, avocado peeler, and Chipolte Rub for the pesto. For the sweet potato chips, microwave chip maker and simple slicer. The MFP and microwave chip maker are "must haves"...

Last edited:
LoriLions said:
I'm not familiar with the clean eating diet (I'm very familiar with the HCG diet) however, I would think a fruit salad would be quick and easy. You can show case the berry/salad spinner, cooling insert, and lid too. I think this would be quick and easy as well. Freeze the insert before the show, spin the colorful berries--blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, add a simple yet clean dressing perhaps agave nectar, lemon juice (citrus press), and poppy seeds; you can even add a banana. Now...can you think of a good clean dessert in the DCB or small round baker to pour this over???

Are the guests leary of microwave recipes due to radiation?

Oh, I really like this idea! Something really colorful and I could figure out something to put it on. Maybe a simple pound cake! Thanks!

And no, they aren't worried about radiation. It is more of an avoidance of processed foods.

wadesgirl said:
My first thought would be chicken your way with mango salsa on the side. It uses all whole foods and is quick and simple.

Thank you! I had thought of both of these, but hadn't thought of pairing them together. Great idea!:)

LoriLions said:
Okay, so I Goodsearched clean eating and I found this interesting recipe...

http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Recipe/Avocado-Pesto-.aspx

The tip on the side note mentions great on sweet potato fries...how about sweet potato chips?

I'm thinking MFP, mini professional shears, avocado peeler, and Chipolte Rub. For the sweet potato chips, microwave chip maker and simple slicer. The MFP and microwave chip maker are "must haves"...

Oh yea! Or even just with Sweet potato fries done on a stone prior to the show. This is an excellent recipe too! Thank you!:D

1. What exactly is clean eating?

Clean eating is a way of eating that focuses on consuming whole, unprocessed foods while limiting or avoiding processed and refined foods. It emphasizes fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats.

2. Are there any specific rules to follow when it comes to clean eating?

Clean eating is more of a concept than a strict set of rules. However, some common guidelines include avoiding processed foods, added sugars, and artificial ingredients, and choosing whole, nutrient-dense foods instead.

3. Can I still enjoy my favorite foods while following a clean eating lifestyle?

Yes, you can still enjoy your favorite foods while following a clean eating lifestyle. It's all about balance and moderation. You can incorporate your favorite foods into your meals in a healthier way, such as swapping white pasta for whole grain pasta or using natural sweeteners instead of refined sugar.

4. How can I make clean eating meals more budget-friendly?

One way to make clean eating meals more budget-friendly is to plan your meals ahead of time and buy ingredients in bulk. You can also shop for seasonal produce, which tends to be more affordable, and look for sales and discounts on healthy options.

5. What are some simple recipe ideas for clean eating meals?

Some simple recipe ideas for clean eating meals include quinoa and vegetable stir-fry, grilled chicken with roasted vegetables, zucchini noodles with homemade tomato sauce, and avocado toast with a poached egg. You can find more ideas by browsing through our clean eating cookbooks or attending our cooking shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AKJess
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Natalie's Pantry
Replies
Views
munkee41182
  • AshleyAllison
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies