• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Classic & Rectangle Rack???

Swirl

Nov 24, 2005
I sold one to a customer with her purchase of the rectangle stone. The rack does not hold the stone as it does with a classic round stone. The stone will not sit completely down into the rack, one side is up some from the other, making the stone sit crooked. Has anyone else had this problem with the rack?

jdavis

Veteran Member
May 20, 2005
The rectangle stone will not sit flat on the rack, it lifts it up some to put pressure onto it so it doesn't slide off the rack.

HTH

mirandalea

Novice Member
Mar 1, 2006
You have to just set the stone into the rack evenly, and both sides should sit about 3/4 of an inch above the bottom. This causes the pressure that keeps the stone from sliding. When I set my rectangle stone in the rack, it fits tight enough that you can lift the stone and the rack stays on.

rsmpta

Mar 9, 2006
This is REALLY frustrating for me. Why couldn't they have designed this better? :( I never push the rectangle rack for this reason. EVERY person i've sold it too tells me about this problem. Hopefully they will 'fix' this design soon. It is too weird to see it sitting up high and being leary of something fall 'off' the stoneware....just my thoughts....

Swirl

Nov 24, 2005
rsmpta said:
This is REALLY frustrating for me. Why couldn't they have designed this better? :( I never push the rectangle rack for this reason. EVERY person i've sold it too tells me about this problem. Hopefully they will 'fix' this design soon. It is too weird to see it sitting up high and being leary of something fall 'off' the stoneware....just my thoughts....
I so agree with you on this one. I bought one back from a customer yesterday, the design is awful for this product. A redesign should be in the works for this for sure.

chefjeanine

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2006
Well, it's been that way for probably. . .twenty-five years. I don't think they are going to change the design.

Just set it on there evenly. It's not going to slide out. Since you're putting a cold stone into the rack, you and your customers needn't worry about getting burned. You use the rack to lift the stone, not the other way around, so you should have no problem.

rsmpta

Mar 9, 2006
chefjeanine said:
Well, it's been that way for probably. . .twenty-five years. I don't think they are going to change the design.

Just set it on there evenly. It's not going to slide out. Since you're putting a cold stone into the rack, you and your customers needn't worry about getting burned. You use the rack to lift the stone, not the other way around, so you should have no problem.

Well I guess it is just disappointing that they didn't design it better. Because it will i guess always:rolleyes: give the illusion of 'crooked' because you would think...any normal 'cook' off the street that it would go to the bottom.....ya know?

oh well