• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pumpkin Cake with Classic Batter Bowl: A Halloween Open House Idea

One was to use a gumdrop bottom for the stem (one of the round ones). So I will definitely try that out. I also think it would be fun to add a spider to the cake. Thanks for the tips!
PC_ChefCole
Has anyone used the classic batter bowl to make a cake that looks like a
pumpkin? My open house is going to be Halloween themed. I haven't made
a cake in one yet, so I didn't know if it would look right. :rolleyes:

I bet you could do it and it would look cute pumpkins do have many different shapes and sizes but if you wanted it more round you could tryt cutting the edges on the top to round it out more. let me know what you do and how it turns out

Thanks, I will definately let you know!

You can also make a pumpkin cake by cooking two fluted cakes and stacking them on top of each other with bottom sides in the middle. You can also make a stem by cooking a small amount of the batter in a prep bowl. Then frost with appropriate colors. I did this for my son's birthday party, it was a huge success. I got a lot of compliments on the cake...

I actually cake the spider cake in it for halloween..I haven't tried a pumpkin...

those are great ideas! My only dilema is that I am new and only have the
starter kit products. I think I am going to use a ice cream cone bottom (one
of the round ones) for the stem! :D Thanks a bunch for the other suggestions!

This site is AWESOME! :D

I have cooked in my batter bowl and it comes out like a gum drop shape. very cool! You could easily make a pumpkin, just by rounding it a bit, but the great thing is that it dsoesn't have to be perfect! And the stem does not have to be very long, you could probably use some of the cake you shave off for the top, just keep it together with frosting. You can do some pretty amazing things with a little imagination!

Spider Cake definitely comes out very cute, and the batter bowl works great. For the legs, use 8 long skinny black licorice, and arch it up from th body and back down to a star of frosting on the cake platter you're using.

Pumpkin cakeI actually made it yesterday for a party. It came out pretty cool. As I was frsting it I was coming up with a few more ideas and had the guests come up with one too.

1. How do I make the Pumpkin Cake with Classic Batter Bowl for a Halloween open house?

To make the Pumpkin Cake with Classic Batter Bowl, you will need a Classic Batter Bowl, a pumpkin-shaped cake pan, cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, water, cream cheese frosting, orange food coloring, and Halloween-themed decorations. Follow the instructions on the cake mix box to prepare the batter. Pour the batter into the greased pumpkin-shaped cake pan and bake according to the instructions. Once the cake is cooled, use the Classic Batter Bowl to create a hollow center in the cake. Fill the hollow center with cream cheese frosting mixed with a few drops of orange food coloring. Decorate the cake with Halloween-themed decorations on top.

2. Can I use a different cake mix for the Pumpkin Cake with Classic Batter Bowl?

Yes, you can use any cake mix of your choice for the Pumpkin Cake with Classic Batter Bowl. However, we recommend using a spice or pumpkin-flavored cake mix to enhance the pumpkin flavor of the cake.

3. Can I make the Pumpkin Cake with Classic Batter Bowl in advance?

Yes, you can make the Pumpkin Cake with Classic Batter Bowl in advance. After the cake has cooled, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, remove the cake from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature before decorating and serving.

4. How many servings does the Pumpkin Cake with Classic Batter Bowl yield?

The Pumpkin Cake with Classic Batter Bowl yields approximately 12-16 servings, depending on how large you slice the cake. You can also make smaller individual servings by using smaller pumpkin-shaped cake pans.

5. Can I use a different frosting for the Pumpkin Cake with Classic Batter Bowl?

Yes, you can use a different frosting for the Pumpkin Cake with Classic Batter Bowl. However, cream cheese frosting pairs well with the pumpkin flavor of the cake. You can also use buttercream frosting or a homemade whipped cream frosting if desired.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ginamkiely
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Perian Webb