• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Tips for Baking Perfect Cakes in Classic Batter Bowls

In summary, Angela is baking a cake for a "Great American Bake Sale" on Saturday and she needs help from the community. She has used a batter bowl before and it has worked fine, but she wants to make a cake that is not too dense and that will fall down if turned out open side down. Some people have used regular boxed cake mixes in a batter bowl and it has worked well.
jigsmom
I have had a question asked about the cakes you can bake in the classic batter bowl. I have not personally baked in the bowl.....I am NO BAKER!!:rolleyes: Anyway, I knew who to ask...

Here is her question...

Angela, I'm curious, do you know anyone who has used the batter bowls for cakes? The recipes say you can use any batter - does that work well? When I've made stand up cakes before, it was recommended to use a dense cake like pound cake. I'd prefer to make a white or chocolate cake, but don't want it to fall down either.

Thanks ladies. She is baking this week for a "Great American Bake Sale" on Saturday and needs your help.....:angel:

My friend did a batter bowl cake for a birthday party. She used a regular boxed cake and it turned out fine. Just let it cool completely before turning it out.

I wanted to "bump" this again for the morning crowd!! TIA for the responses and the one I have gotten so far. I wanted to see if you all have had the same success with box cakes.

I've done it with a box cake, and it came out fine.

yep I've made the "doll" cake and used a box mix-I have some pictures on my page if you want/need to look-- let it cool like you would normally use the bowl- open end up- then flip it to the cooling rack and let it fall... if you let it cool open side down it might tear the cake in the bowl.

Thanks so much!!! :)

I made a Carrie Underwood cake (if you saw the ACM's, you'll understand) and used a regular box cake mix and it turned out great.

The thing I didn't realize at first though was that you have to mix the cake in a separate container, and then put it in a greased batter bowl. My first cake stuck a little.

Come to think of it, the fluted baking stone might have been a better Carrie cake. LOL.

lol...no i have to know...what is a Carrie Underwood cake?

diradt said:
lol...no i have to know...what is a Carrie Underwood cake?

Me too!

Here are some more characters so this will post. LOL:p

What is a Classic Batter Bowl Cake?

A Classic Batter Bowl Cake is a simple and easy-to-make cake that is baked directly in our Pampered Chef Batter Bowl. It eliminates the need for multiple mixing bowls and measuring cups, making it a convenient dessert option.

What types of cakes can I make in the Classic Batter Bowl?

You can make a variety of cakes in the Classic Batter Bowl, including chocolate, vanilla, carrot, and lemon. The possibilities are endless with our versatile recipe options.

How do I use the Classic Batter Bowl to make a cake?

To make a cake in the Classic Batter Bowl, simply mix all the ingredients in the bowl according to the recipe instructions. Then, place the Batter Bowl in the oven and bake as directed. Once the cake is done, let it cool before removing it from the bowl.

Can I decorate the cake in the Batter Bowl?

Yes, you can decorate the cake directly in the Batter Bowl. Once the cake is cooled, you can add frosting, whipped cream, or any other toppings of your choice. You can also use the Batter Bowl as a mold to create fun and unique cake shapes.

Is the Classic Batter Bowl dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Classic Batter Bowl is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing it to prolong its lifespan. Simply use warm, soapy water and a soft sponge to clean the bowl thoroughly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• J.Corley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • DebPC