• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Citrus Press vs Juicer: Choosing the Best Option

I like that it's easy to clean.I use the press more than the juicer. It's easier to clean and I like that it's mini.
Jen1409
Which do you have? If you have both, which do you use more? Which would you recommend more?

I have both and really liked the juicer but haven't used it since we came out with the citrus press. I L:love:VE the press.

Citrus press is my favorite. I use it more than I ever thought I would.

I always seem to grab the press over the juicer...LOVE the press!

Another vote for the press, although the juicer is great for oranges, which are too large for the press.

I only have the press and I love it :)

chefann said:
Another vote for the press, although the juicer is great for oranges, which are too large for the press.

Exactly... That said, my juicer gathers dust and my citrus press goes everywhere with me.​

Yep, I have both and rarely ever use the juicer, always use the press! Love it!

chefann said:

I use the press for oranges. I just quarter them so they fit in. Works great!

what everyone else has said ;-)

BethCooks4U said:
I use the press for oranges. I just quarter them so they fit in. Works great!

GREAT tip!!! I will have to try that. I definitely use the press more than the juicer!

I have both--I recently got the juicer. I love the press for lemons and limes but prefer the juicer for oranges or larger pieces of fruit. That being said, I do feel like the juicer actually gets more juice out of them than the press but I do love the press!

Love the citrus press, but I don't have the juicer so I can't compare

Citrus press all the way. Use it all the time at shows on the Pineapple Salsa and Fajitas.
Have yet to sell one but everyone is amazed at how much juice comes out and IMO super easy to use and squeeze.

Cr8vKitchen said:
I have both--I recently got the juicer. I love the press for lemons and limes but prefer the juicer for oranges or larger pieces of fruit. That being said, I do feel like the juicer actually gets more juice out of them than the press but I do love the press!

Really? Because I feel like it's the exact opposite! That's funny.:)

I have both and always use the press for lime and some lemons if they're on the small size. But lately the lemons are so large that I have to use the juicer for them unless I want to waste part of the lemon by cutting them smaller to fit in the juicer. Plus with the juicer you can strain the seeds out of the lemon juice.

Love the press and use it LOTS!!! Regarding large fruits vs small fruits, flesh side down (toward the holes) for small fruits and flesh side up for larger... works GREAT!

Have both...ONLY use the Press! If it's too big...just quarter the fruit. LOVE IT!!!

I have both and use the juicer more, I guess because I need to measure.

AJPratt said:

I use the mini easy read measuring cup with the press to measure everything out.

AJPratt said:

Yeah, that might be the difference, since I rarely measure anything. :eek:

wadesgirl said:
I use the mini easy read measuring cup with the press to measure everything out.

Me too! I have both the press & juicer and I always use the press.

1. What is the difference between a citrus press and a juicer?

A citrus press is specifically designed for squeezing juice from citrus fruits such as lemons, limes, and oranges. It uses a lever to extract the juice from the fruit. On the other hand, a juicer is a more versatile appliance that can handle a variety of fruits and vegetables, including citrus fruits. It uses a motorized mechanism to extract juice from the produce.

2. Can I use a citrus press for other types of fruits and vegetables?

No, a citrus press is only designed to work with citrus fruits. Attempting to use it with other types of produce may damage the appliance and result in poor quality juice.

3. How do I clean my citrus press?

To clean your citrus press, disassemble all removable parts and wash them with warm, soapy water. Use a small brush or toothbrush to clean any hard-to-reach areas. Rinse and dry all parts before reassembling the press. It is also recommended to hand wash the press instead of putting it in the dishwasher.

4. Can I adjust the amount of pulp in my juice with a citrus press?

Most citrus presses have a filter or strainer that can be adjusted to control the amount of pulp in your juice. If you prefer a pulp-free juice, make sure to adjust the filter before using the press.

5. How do I get the most juice out of my citrus fruits using a press?

To get the most juice out of your citrus fruits, make sure they are at room temperature before juicing. Roll the fruit on a hard surface to soften it before cutting it in half and placing it in the press. Apply firm and steady pressure on the lever to extract all the juice from the fruit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef-in-Training
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef-in-Training
  • Janice Hirst
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • krahema