• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the coating on the Citrus Press made of?

easier to press?While your slicing the lemon in half, could you also slice the little nub off the bottoms to make that...easier to press?Yes you can do that if you want. It just takes a little muscle. Yes you can do that if you want. It just takes a little muscle.
OhmyDLM
Silver Member
Just checking my messages and I have a customer who has a question about the Citrus press. They want to know what the coating is that covers the aluminum on the press. I did some research on the web-site but they just call it coated and don't elaborate. Anyone know what this coating is made of?

I think it's a powder coating that is baked on. There are tons of things that has this type of finish.....but I am NOT positive on this. I'd email test kitchens with your questions and they'll be able to give you an exact answer!

Thanks, I haven't called her back yet because I was trying to get the best information possible for her before I did, I was hoping for a quick fix! If anyone else knows for sure, please let me know, and if not, I'll pass your idea along to her and hope that she accepts it!

I also had a customer ask me last night what the garlic press was made of, I haven't done my research on that one yet, but it caught me off guard. I'm getting the tricky quesitons lately!

Does anyone from the night crew have any info on this?

It is a baked enamel over cast aluminum. (Basically a hot dip...to summarize it simply.)

janetupnorth said:
It is a baked enamel over cast aluminum. (Basically a hot dip...to summarize it simply.)

Thank you so much! I haven't called her back yet and I will do so first thing in the morning now that I feel like I have a solid answer to give her! How about the garlic press, LoL, do you know what that's made of???

It is also an enamel coated aluminum but the enamel is a metallic form and thinner.

My dh thinks it is Enamel Coated Cast Aluminum not forged or machine aluminum.

I thought the citrus press was ceramic and have been storing it in the box for that reason ... so thanks for clearing this up!

Ya I thought it was ceramic too...shows what I know! I have to say I didn't want it, it looked plastic to me so I was happy to get it and see it wasn't.

purrbal said:
Ya I thought it was ceramic too...shows what I know! I have to say I didn't want it, it looked plastic to me so I was happy to get it and see it wasn't.
It's definately one of those items that shows better in person. You just don't "get" how heavy duty it is unless you hold it in your hand!

KellyTheChef said:
It's definately one of those items that shows better in person. You just don't "get" how heavy duty it is unless you hold it in your hand!
I agree with this! I think the catalog make it look plastic but once you actually see it being used it's wonderful.

I bring a lemon with me to my shows, I slice it in half with the utility knife and then have my host use the citrus press and a guest hand squeeze the lemon into a prep bowl - who ever squeezes the most in the shortest time wins - he he - its always the host - sell a few every show!!

PamperedDor said:
I bring a lemon with me to my shows, I slice it in half with the utility knife and then have my host use the citrus press and a guest hand squeeze the lemon into a prep bowl - who ever squeezes the most in the shortest time wins - he he - its always the host - sell a few every show!!

That's fun! I'm going to start doing that, I'm all about games and having fun and laughing at my shows, this would be right up my alley! Thanks for sharing :)

I always have trouble getting the lemons in the press and then the nub at the end makes it hard to press so only half the lemon gets juiced (well, haf of the half!).

Anyone else have these problems?

redsoxgirl said:
I always have trouble getting the lemons in the press and then the nub at the end makes it hard to press so only half the lemon gets juiced (well, haf of the half!).

It does take a little strength to do it. Most of the time I use two hands to squeeze it. It could be the size of the lemons, try getting smaller ones.

redsoxgirl said:

While your slicing the lemon in half, could you also slice the little nub off the bottoms to make that easier?

OhmyDLM said:
While your slicing the lemon in half, could you also slice the little nub off the bottoms to make that easier?

DUH! That's such a simple (and great) idea! Why didn't I think of that?? :rolleyes:

wadesgirl said:
It does take a little strength to do it. Most of the time I use two hands to squeeze it. It could be the size of the lemons, try getting smaller ones.

He-he...I read this and thought it said, "It's all about the size of the melons..." ;)

I REALLY need to add this item to my list for KE month!!!!I've been using the old-fashioned fork and squeeze...not good for selling products!

janetupnorth said:
He-he...I read this and thought it said, "It's all about the size of the melons..." ;)
Okay, a couple tips for you:
1. Get your mind out of the gutter

2. Get this item in KE! I'm getting a second one because mine is always in my kit. It works so great!

What is the coating material of the citrus press and is it safe for food contact?

The coating material of our citrus press is made of high-quality food-grade enamel. It is completely safe for food contact and does not contain any harmful chemicals.

Does the coating material contain any non-stick materials?

No, the coating material of our citrus press does not contain any non-stick materials. It is designed to provide a smooth surface for efficient juicing without the use of any non-stick chemicals.

Can the coating material withstand high temperatures?

Yes, the coating material of our citrus press is designed to withstand high temperatures. It is heat-resistant and can safely be used for juicing hot fruits or vegetables.

Is the coating material easy to clean?

Yes, the coating material of our citrus press is easy to clean. It is dishwasher safe and can also be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water.

Is the coating material durable?

Yes, the coating material of our citrus press is highly durable. It is designed to withstand regular use and is resistant to chipping, cracking, and peeling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RossDeb2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Kimbo
Replies
Views
Chef Laurie
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies