• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Perfect Spice Blend for Festive Desserts: Cinnamon Plus

In summary, the Crazy Canucks don't have this item - Cinnamon and Nutmeg mixture - although it is similar to Pumpkin Pie Spice. It can be substituted with 1 tsp. of cinnamon and 1/4 tsp. of nutmeg.
muffetts
Gold Member
We Canadians don't have this item (although it sounds yummy) - do you know of an alternative we can use since the Holiday Festive Desserts cookbook is FILLED with it?

It's pretty much cinnamon and nutmeg mixed together.

Here is what is on the label...

Korintje cinnamon
Nutmeg
Allspice
Ground Orange Peel
Cloves
Ginger

Maybe you can come up with a recipe of your own! :)

Is it close to Pumkin Pie Spice?

kam said:

It is close - the orange peel is what gives it a slightly different flavor....but you could always grate a little orange rind into your recipe!

To substitute, for each teaspoon of CPSB - I would do:

heaping 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 teas. nutmeg
1/8 teas. of the other spices, and some grated orange rind.

Why the heck would they include this cookbook in our product line here if they're not going to include the spice that is throughout the cookbook?!?!?!

Sometimes I swear they just don't think! :mad:

Thanks for the tips, guys - as for the inclusion of the blend in the cookbook - only us Crazy Canucks don't get the blend - must be a food board thing or something - we have the rest of the panty collection.

kam said:

I use the cinnamon plus in place of all recipes that call for pumpkin pie spice and it doesn't change the flavor - enhances it if anything. So I would use that as the sub. Good tip about adding the orange zest. I hadn't realized that difference.

You could probably ask test kitchen for an alternative.

muffetts said:
Thanks for the tips, guys - as for the inclusion of the blend in the cookbook - only us Crazy Canucks don't get the blend - must be a food board thing or something - we have the rest of the panty collection.

I realize that, that's why I think the cookbook shouldn't have been available here until/unless the spice was as well. I mean "here's a new cookbook with wonderful recipes but I'm sorry you can't make them since we don't sell that and I have NO idea how to suggest you make that spice yourself" - ridiculous!

I meant PANTRY collection (not panty!) oops!

I've created a little label that consultants can either put onto the cookbooks themselves (if they receive shipment) or put in the catalogue on the Library page. You can always email it to the customer, or put it on a post card....

Hope this is helpful to us Canadians.:chef:

Attachments

• Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend Alternative.doc
    38 KB · Views: 340
Thanks so much!

What is Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend?

Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend is a unique blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and other spices that adds warmth and flavor to a variety of dishes.

How do I use Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend?

Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend can be used in both sweet and savory dishes. It is perfect for adding to baked goods, oatmeal, and coffee, as well as savory dishes like roasted vegetables and meat rubs.

Is Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend gluten-free?

Yes, our Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend is gluten-free and does not contain any added preservatives or artificial flavors.

What makes Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend different from regular cinnamon?

Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend is a unique blend of spices, including cinnamon, nutmeg, and other warm spices, which gives it a more complex flavor profile than regular cinnamon. It also contains no added sugars or artificial ingredients.

Can I use Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend as a substitute for cinnamon?

Yes, Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend can be used as a substitute for regular cinnamon in recipes. However, keep in mind that its flavor profile may differ slightly, so you may need to adjust the amount used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Liquid Sky
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • SusanBP0129