• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cinnamon Biscuits -- Breakfast Was Great!

In summary, the OP wanted to go food shopping, but knew he had to eat something before he did so. He saw that he had some refrigerated biscuits, so he decided to try a garlic bites breakfast recipe that he likes. The results were great, and he plans to try different frosting flavors in the future.
magentablue
I woke up this morning in desperate need to go food shopping, but knowing I have to eat before I shop or I will buy everything they have!

I opened the fridge, freezer, and cabinets in earnest to see what I could put together to make something edible. I saw my container of Korintje Cinnamon that I earned but never opened. I saw I had some refrigerated biscuits in the fridge too... so I decided to experiment.

The garlic bites recipe is one of my favorite to make in a pinch, so I decided to adapt it for breakfast and make cinnamon biscuits!

I heated some butter in the 8" non-stick pan. I added a generous amount of cinnamon and brown sugar, and swirled everything around to evenly coat the pan. I arranged the biscuits (mine were the non-flaky kind, not the Grands) over the bottom of the pan, and placed it into a preheated 400 degree oven. I cooked the biscuits about 12 minutes, and turned them out into a plate.

My husband and I were thrilled with the way they turned out! Don't know if there is already a PC recipe like this, but there should be!

There is, but people have been using the Cinnamon Sprinkle. It is delicious, indeed.When I do them, I like to "turn up the volume" as Ina Garten says. I whip up some frosting with powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Then I pour the frosting over and grate some orange zest on top.

I have several ways that I make these.

One way (did this yesterday for a show) is to melt the butter, and add 3 Tbls. of brown sugar, and 2-3 Tbls of sprinkles. Yesterday we added 1.5 Tbls. each of cinnamon and caramel sprinkles.

I also like to do the same with apple sprinkles, caramel sprinkles, and a chopped apple.

I use the lemon sprinkles with some white sugar, and a little lemon zest, and then make a glaze of powdered sugar & lemon juice for the top after they are done.

ChefBeckyD said:
I have several ways that I make these.

One way (did this yesterday for a show) is to melt the butter, and add 3 Tbls. of brown sugar, and 2-3 Tbls of sprinkles. Yesterday we added 1.5 Tbls. each of cinnamon and caramel sprinkles.

I also like to do the same with apple sprinkles, caramel sprinkles, and a chopped apple.

I use the lemon sprinkles with some white sugar, and a little lemon zest, and then make a glaze of powdered sugar & lemon juice for the top after they are done.

And we usually toss the biscuits in the butter/sugar mixture to coat them too. YUM!

...gotta try that lemon sprinkle glaze next time! :love:

Are we talking those little round freezer rolls or biscuits like the grands type? I just tried this and I can't get all the grands biscuits to fit into the 8" skillet...I had to switch to the 10"

ksmedic said:
Are we talking those little round freezer rolls or biscuits like the grands type? I just tried this and I can't get all the grands biscuits to fit into the 8" skillet...I had to switch to the 10"

The OP was talking about the regular sized ones in the can. For shows, I use the Grands size, and I use the 10" pan.

They used to sell a 5-count package of the Grands biscuits, which was perfect for the 8" skillet. It's true that the 8-count won't all fit in there.

ok thanks guys!

These were smaller than the grands biscuits, and came in 10 count. I used the 8". They went up the sides slightly, but they fit!

What are the ingredients needed for making Cinnamon Biscuits?

The ingredients needed for making Cinnamon Biscuits are all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, butter, milk, and ground cinnamon.

Can I use a different type of flour for this recipe?

Yes, you can use self-rising flour in place of all-purpose flour. However, you will need to omit the baking powder and salt from the recipe.

How do I make the cinnamon sugar mixture for the biscuits?

To make the cinnamon sugar mixture, combine ground cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and mix well. You can adjust the ratio of cinnamon to sugar according to your preference.

Can I make the biscuit dough ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the biscuit dough ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, let the dough sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before cutting and baking.

Can I freeze the baked cinnamon biscuits?

Yes, you can freeze the baked cinnamon biscuits. Allow them to cool completely, then wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and place in a freezer-safe bag or container. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply thaw and warm in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelley Sells
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • legacypc46
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefann
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI