1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Cinco de Mayo

1. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

Anyone want to share their family's favorite Mexican recipes (they don't have to be PC ones). I know our meeting is that night and that is the theme. looking for a new yummy recipe
    we eat Mexican about once a week so I'm looking for some new recipes (I use allrecipes and the other websites wanted some tried and true "encore" ones from your families.

Apr 24, 2009
  2. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I don't really have anything spectacular to offer, I just hate it when no one responds to my posts so I wanted to give you something... there are quite a few other threads on this same subject that give a lot of great ideas and recipes and there are some great files too. I make Enchiladas a lot that are really good and easy, but technically they probably aren't enchiladas, that's just what we call them. I cook up a pound of burger (could probably use chicken, but never have), add taco seasoning or Southwest... then when it's all cooked I add a cup of cottage cheese and stir it up (the cottage cheese kind of melts). Then I take flour tortillas (that's why they aren't really enchiladas, usually calls for corn) and warm them a bit in the microwave to make them a little softer. Then I smear some refried beans (sometimes we skip this part, depending on what I have) and then put some of the meat mixture (I don't make these really huge, they are quite filling)... then wrap them burrito style... I pour just enough enchilada sauce in the bottom of the Rectangular Baker to cover and then place the burritos in it... I usually get about 5 or 6 (I think) side by side and then squeeze 2 more in lengthwise on one side. Then I pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over and top with shredded cheese. Then I bake for about 20 minutes in a 350 oven. Everyone really loves them and they are filling. I have used the small tortillas before when I made them for a pot luck and that worked well... Good luck with your meeting, hope you get some good recipes!

Apr 27, 2009
Have something to add?