• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Celebrating Cinco De Mayo: Chicken Fajita Pizza & Margaritas!

Ingredients: 12 oz pizza crust, 1 can of refried black beans, 1 small container of salsa, 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and 1/4 cup of diced green onionsIn summary, my cousin is having a show on May 5th and the theme is "Cinco De Mayo". I am making the Chicken Fajita Pizza and I will also make margaritas in the quick stir pitcher. Does anyone have a fast and easy dessert?Thanks!Dessert Nachos.
amybee
Hello Everyone!
My cousin is having a show on May 5th. I told her we should make the theme be "Cinco De Mayo". I am making the Chicken Fajita Pizza. I will make margaritas in the quick stir pitcher. Does anyone have a fast and easy dessert?
Thanks!

Dessert Nachos.

Make cinnamon chips out of flour tortillias. Top with vanilla ice cream (use small scoop) and drizzle with hot fudge add whip toppping - EAD for garnish.

Dessert NachosDo I bake the flour tortillas with the cinn. on them? Do it on a stone?

You sprinkle them with a cinnamon sugar mixture and cut them into triangles. Then bake them. There is also a recipe for Apple Berry salsa that can be made to go with them.

Mexican Chocolate Cake

Yield: 6 servings
12 oz Semi sweet chocolate. melted
4 Eggs separated (room
-temperature)
3/4 c Sugar
1 c Mayonnaise (room
-temperature)
3/4 c Ground almonds
1/4 c Flour
1/4 c Kahlua
Confectioners' Sugar
Line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with waxed paper. Lightly grease the waxed paper and side of pan. Melt the chocolate and cool to room temperature. In a large bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat the egg yolks. Gradually add sugar and beat until light about 4 minutes. Add mayonnaise and beat for 1 minute longer. Stir in the ground almonds and flour until blended. Stir in Kahlua. In a medium bowl, using clean beater, beat egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter. Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 55 min. or until firm.
Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the side of the pan and cool the cake 30 minutes longer. Invert onto a wire rack and remove bottom of pan and waxed paper. Cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar you might try using a geometric pattern made from paper to create an interesting design instead of the old doily trick.

Even faster and easier!I made the margarita pie at my mexican themed party and it was a HUGE hit. And really easy to make. (I made it ahead of time...)

Here's the recipe:

Margarita Pie

Crust:
1 ¼ cups finely crushed pretzels
½ butter or margarine, melted
¼ cup sugar

Filling:
1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
¼ cup orange juice
2 tsp grated lime zest
1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed
¼ cup lime juice

For crust combine all ingredients in small batter bowl, press onto bottom and up sides of deep dish pie plate.
For filling, combine milk, lime zest and juices in classic batter bowl; fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes.

Do you remember what size whipped topping...8 or 12 oz?

Ginger:cool:

Cinco De MayoThank you everyone for the great ideas. I was thinking of making the margarita pie ahead of time and justing bring it there.. But the nachos and apple salsa also sound good. Thanks again...

Salsa dessertApple Berry Salsa
It's in the All the Best Cookbook. It has 1 pint strawberries, 2 kiwi, 2 apples, 2 Tbs orange juice, 2 Tbs brown sugar, & 2 Tbs jelly. Peel, core, slice apples, then chop. Dice other fruit, & combine with remaining ingredients. Serve with baked cinnamon chips.

Mango salsa sundaes is a good one. Pg 27 of the new Seasons Best spring summer 2006!

Good luck!
Debbie

Ginger428 said:
Do you remember what size whipped topping...8 or 12 oz?

Ginger:cool:

Sorry! I used the 8 oz and it was great.

R

The apple berry salsa is one of my favorites:D Also, the Mexican Chocolate Cream Pie in the Stone Inspirations cookbook. Very easy & yummy!!

Here you are!!WE TRIED IT LAST SATURDAY AND IT WAS AWESOME!!!

Mexican Chocolate Squares
-------------------------

Ingredients:
1 pkg (318 g) refrigerated jumbo crescent rolls
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 250 mL
2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided 500 ml
1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon, divided 5 mL
1 tsp sugar 5 mL
1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced 250 mL

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C. Unroll dough; place in Stoneware Bar Pan. With Baker's Roller(TM), roll dough to seal perforations (fitting bottom of Pan) and form crust. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to Cooling Rack; cool completely.

2. Place chocolate chips and 1 cup/250 mL of the whipped topping in Small Micro-Cooker(TM). Microwave on HIGH 1 minute, stirring after each 20-second interval until melted and smooth using Skinny Scraper; cool slightly. Reserve 1/4 cup/50 mL of the chocolate mixture for garnish.

3. Place cream cheese, sugar & 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and remaining chocolate mixture in Classic Batter Bowl; whisk until smooth with Stainless Steel Whisk. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled crust using Small Spreader; drizzle with reserved chocolate mixture.

4. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent(TM) Decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping. Pipe 24 rosettes over dessert. Combine remaining cinnamon and sugar in Flour/Sugar Shaker; sprinkle evenly over rosettes. Hull strawberries using Cook's Corer(TM). Slice strawberries with Egg Slicer Plus(TM). Place one strawberry slice onto each rosette. Slice into squares using Utility Knife. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 12 servings

Per serving: Per Serving: 268 calories; 3.9 g protein; 19.1 g total fat; 8.3 g sat fat; 23.2 g carbohydrate; 1.2 g fibre; 23 mg cholesterol; 271 mg sodium

Cook's Tip: To easily drizzle chocolate glaze, pour into one corner of a small, resealable plastic bag. Twist top of bag to seal and secure with a Twixit! Clip. Using Kitchen Shears, snip a small piece off corner of bag allowing glaze to run through.

For a cooler serving temperature and easier slicing, chill 30 minutes.

Hope this helps, Mexican desserts are known for their mixture of chocolate and cinnamon together.
This can also be made ahead of time.
Good Luck!
Schel

Here you are!!WE TRIED IT LAST SATURDAY AND IT WAS AWESOME!!!

Mexican Chocolate Squares
-------------------------

Ingredients:
1 pkg refrigerated JUMBO crescent rolls (have another on hand, I think we
used 1 & 1/2)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups frozen whipped topping
1 pkg 8oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp sugar
1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C. Unroll dough; place in Stoneware Bar Pan. With Baker's Roller(TM), roll dough to seal perforations (fitting bottom of Pan) and form crust. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to Cooling Rack; cool completely.

2. Place chocolate chips and 1 cup of the whipped topping in Small Micro-Cooker(TM). Microwave on HIGH 1 minute, stirring after each 20-second interval until melted and smooth using Skinny Scraper; cool slightly. Reserve 1/4 cup of the chocolate mixture for garnish.

3. Place cream cheese, sugar & 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and remaining chocolate mixture in Classic Batter Bowl; whisk until smooth with Stainless Steel Whisk. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled crust using Small Spreader; drizzle with reserved chocolate mixture.

4. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent(TM) Decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping. Pipe 24 rosettes over dessert. Combine remaining cinnamon and sugar in Flour/Sugar Shaker; sprinkle evenly over rosettes. Hull strawberries using Cook's Corer(TM). Slice strawberries with Egg Slicer Plus(TM). Place one strawberry slice onto each rosette. Slice into squares using Utility Knife. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 12 servings

Per serving: Per Serving: 268 calories; 3.9 g protein; 19.1 g total fat; 8.3 g sat fat; 23.2 g carbohydrate; 1.2 g fibre; 23 mg cholesterol; 271 mg sodium

Cook's Tip: To easily drizzle chocolate glaze, pour into one corner of a small, resealable plastic bag. Twist top of bag to seal and secure with a Twixit! Clip. Using Kitchen Shears, snip a small piece off corner of bag allowing glaze to run through.

For a cooler serving temperature and easier slicing, chill 30 minutes.

Hope this helps, Mexican desserts are known for their mixture of chocolate and cinnamon together.
This can also be made ahead of time.
Good Luck!
Schel

Chicken fajita pizza recipeDoes anyone have this one?

This is in the "All the Best" Cookbook

1 medium red bell pepper
1 medium green bell pepper
1 medium onion
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast havles (about 4 ounces each)
1 teaspoon Vegetable oil, divided
1-2 teaspoons Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 cup thick and chunky salsa
2 package (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
8 ounces cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend, shredded (2 cups)
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, snipped

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Slice red and green bell peppers into 1/2 -inch strips. Slice onion into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Cut chicken crosswise into thin strips.

2. Lightly sprinkle Large Round Stone with flour using flour/sugar shaker. Unroll both packages of pizza dough and arrange side by side on baking stone, shaping into a circle. Using lightly floured Baker's Roller, roll dough to edge of baking stone, pressing seams to seal.

3. Heat a stir fry skillet over high heat; add 1/2 teaspoon of the oil and chicken. Stir fry 2-3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Add remaining oil, bell peppers, onion and Seasoning mix; Press garlic over vegetables using Garlic Press. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in salsa and chicken.

4. Sprinkle half of the cheese evenly over crust. Arrange chicken mixture over cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese over chicken mixture.

5. Bake 18-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Snip cilantro; sprinkle over pizza. Cut with a pizza cutter; serve with additional salsa and sour cream, if desired.

Yield: 8 servings or 16 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 190, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Protein 9 g, Sodium 460 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook's Tip: Substitute 1-2 teaspoons chili powder for Southwestern Seasoning Mix, if desired.

I got an email from pillsbury with cinco de mayo recipe ideas. On their website (http://www.pillsbury.com/theme2.aspx) they have a bunch of great mexican recipes.

1. How do I make the Chicken Fajita Pizza?

To make the Chicken Fajita Pizza, you will need a Pampered Chef pizza stone and the following ingredients: pizza dough, cooked and shredded chicken, bell peppers, onions, cheese, and fajita seasoning. Roll out the pizza dough onto the pizza stone and top with the shredded chicken, bell peppers, onions, and cheese. Sprinkle fajita seasoning on top and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!

2. Can I substitute the chicken for another protein?

Yes, you can easily substitute the chicken for another protein such as shrimp, beef, or tofu. Just make sure to cook the protein before adding it to the pizza and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. What type of margaritas do you recommend for this meal?

We recommend using a classic margarita recipe with tequila, lime juice, and triple sec. You can also add some fresh fruit like strawberries or mango for a flavorful twist. Don't forget to rim your glasses with salt for the full margarita experience!

4. Is the fajita seasoning necessary for the pizza?

The fajita seasoning adds a delicious flavor to the pizza, but it is not necessary. If you don't have fajita seasoning on hand, you can use a combination of chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt to season the pizza.

5. How can I make this recipe vegetarian?

To make this recipe vegetarian, simply omit the chicken and use a variety of vegetables such as mushrooms, zucchini, and corn as toppings. You can also substitute the cheese for a vegan cheese alternative. Adjust the cooking time as needed for the vegetables to cook through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly