• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cincinnati - Where to Go and What to Eat

http://www.newportky.com/ There is also a place right across the river in Newport, KY called Newport on the Levee. They have lots of good restaurants - Claddah Irish Pub (one of my favorites :) ), Brio, Moe's Southwest Grill to name a few. There is also shopping, a movie theater and some entertainment options. Here is a link if you want to check it out....http://www.newportky.com/
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
For those of you in and around the Cincinnati area (or those who know it) what should we make sure to put on our agenda of things to do as well as where to eat?

Yeah, where's the good food? Near the Duke Energy Center, please. :)

I've been to Cincinnati numerous times for concerts and sporting events, but I'm not that acclimated as to where things are in relation to other places. However, they have a Rock Bottom Brewery that serves excellent food. I have also found that people on the street are very helpful if you ask them a good place to eat that is within walking distance of where you are. We Midwesterners offer a lot of hospitality!! ;o)

I hope you all have a wonderful time. I can't wait to hear about the new products. My b'day is 1/13 and the SE CN should be posted online that day, so it will be a big day for me! I just missed the top Sell-A-Thon level (by $500!), but will enjoy all the freebies with the $3000 level.

It's extremely cold in the Midwest right now, so hopefully the chill will break a bit before you all arrive. Safe travel to you all!

Tammy

For those of you that like an evening drink along with an absolutely beautiful view, it highly recommend heading up to Mt. Adam. The night view is fabulous!

RaggedyAunt said:
It's extremely cold in the Midwest right now, so hopefully the chill will break a bit before you all arrive. Safe travel to you all!

The 10 day forecast is showing mid to upper 40's during that time.....the cold that we are experiencing right now is just a fluke....

How far is Mt. Adam and what is the best way to get there? Any other suggestions?

I have only visited there once & I don't know exactly where you all will be staying so I can't give directions. Mt.Adam is part of Cinci....it's just a big hill (mountain) that's part of the city.

check this site out....Mt. Adam is the first icon located to the right of the downtown area (just click on the little flashing circle)

http://www.space513.com/main.html

Anyone know what Cincinnati is known for? Kind of like Chicago Deep Dish Pizza and Hot Dogs, New York style pizza, BBQ in Texas, etc.

Chili. Not necessarily something you want to eat when you're going to be sitting indoors with a large group of people. :rolleyes:

Just a heads up....anyone with sinus issues, be prepared and have Sudafed on hand when you go to Cincinnati. The air is different in the Ohio Valley.

erinb said:
I have only visited there once & I don't know exactly where you all will be staying so I can't give directions. Mt.Adam is part of Cinci....it's just a big hill (mountain) that's part of the city.

check this site out....Mt. Adam is the first icon located to the right of the downtown area (just click on the little flashing circle)

http://www.space513.com/main.html

This is an awesome map! Does anyone know where we will be in relation to the map? :confused:

I love La Rosa's Calzones.

pamperedposey said:
This is an awesome map! Does anyone know where we will be in relation to the map? :confused:

If you look at the little water fountain, you will be about a block and a half to the west of it.

I was going to say McDonalds just for the heck of it... ;)

Montgomery Inn is amazing!! I am so sad that I can't go to leadership. I moved to GA from the Cincy area 3 years ago. Montgomery Inn was our favorite place to go out to eat when guests came in town. We still order from them online. Also get some graters ice cream!!! Hyde Park is nice too. I'll think of some other good restaurants and get back to you

KY has some options too!There is also a place right across the river in Newport, KY called Newport on the Levee. They have lots of good restaurants - Claddah Irish Pub (one of my favorites :) ), Brio, Moe's Southwest Grill to name a few. There is also shopping, a movie theater and some entertainment options. Here is a link if you want to check it out. http://www.newportonthelevy.com/directory/

Ok, I had to post, as I live in Cincinnati and have my whole life. You can not come to Cincinnati without trying Skyline Chili. There is a location dowtown. Also Graeters Icecream (also downtown) I believe stars have it shipped to their homes it is sooo good. Montgomery Inn is also very good and not far. A couple other places: Izzys corned beef. Cincinnati is also known for Goetta, kind of like sausage, it is a very German community. The best place to try Goetta is Price Hill Chili, right by my house and about 15 min from downtown. I think the Vice President visited there this year. It is a neat mom and pop place that is very reasonable. You also cannot miss out on LaRosa Pizza or calzones. Anyway if anyone wants more info let me know. Cant wait to see you here!

For the natives....is there a Starbucks within walking distance?
I have priorities.:D

erinb said:
Just a heads up....anyone with sinus issues, be prepared and have Sudafed on hand when you go to Cincinnati. The air is different in the Ohio Valley.

Thank you for this post - very helpful info to know to bring this along!

Ok we will probably meet, at Starbucks, that is always my #1 too! Anyway the best one is on 4th Street and I have walked it from the Duke Energy Center, but it is several blocks. Several times when there is a big event at the Duke Engery Center I remember a kiosk that sold limited Starbucks also!

pcmissyfee said:
.... They have lots of good restaurants - Claddah Irish Pub (one of my favorites :)...

Now your talkin!!! I love Irish pubs!!! My Irish hubby is mostly resposible for that. Thanks for the tip :sing:

1. Where can I find the best chili in Cincinnati?

Cincinnati is famous for its unique take on chili, known as Cincinnati-style chili. Some popular spots to try this dish include Skyline Chili, Gold Star Chili, and Camp Washington Chili.

2. What are some must-try restaurants in Cincinnati?

There are so many great restaurants in Cincinnati, but some must-try options include Sotto, a cozy Italian restaurant, Orchids at Palm Court, a fine dining spot, and Taste of Belgium, known for its delicious waffles.

3. Are there any food festivals or events in Cincinnati?

Cincinnati hosts several food festivals throughout the year, such as the Taste of Cincinnati, Oktoberfest Zinzinnati, and the Cincinnati Food + Wine Classic. Keep an eye out for these events to try a variety of local cuisine.

4. What is a popular local dish in Cincinnati?

Besides Cincinnati-style chili, another popular local dish is Goetta, a mixture of ground meat and steel-cut oats. It can be found on menus at breakfast spots or sold in grocery stores for home cooking.

5. Where can I find the best craft beer in Cincinnati?

Cincinnati has a thriving craft beer scene, with many local breweries to choose from. Some popular options include Rhinegeist Brewery, MadTree Brewing, and Taft's Ale House. These breweries also often offer tours and tastings for visitors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattikake
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • Poll
  • chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
roxylady