• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy and Delicious Christmas Trifle Recipe for a Festive Dessert!

In summary, someone was looking for a recipe to use a trifle for a colorful christmas dessert. They found a recipe that was in the "Trifle Bowl Recipes" document. They have not tried it yet, but it looks yummy.
Chef Stacy Edwards
I thought I seen a Christmas trifle recipe and have not been able to locate it?
Has anyone else come up with a recipe to use the trifle for a colorful christmas dessert? I would love to here about it.

This one was in the "Trifle Bowl Recipes" document...I haven't tried, it..

Christmas Trifle (Country Women Christmas)
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
3 medium firm bananas, sliced
1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries
1 jar (6 ounces) green maraschino cherries
3-1/2 cups eggnog, chilled
2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 prepared angel food cake (8 inches), cut into 1-inch cubes
1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Dip bananas in juice; drain and discard juice. Set aside
pineapple, bananas, three red cherries and three green cherries. In a bowl, whisk the eggnog and pudding mixes for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Place half of the pudding in a 4-qt. serving or trifle bowl; layer with half of the bananas, pineapple, cherries, cake cubes and whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with walnuts and reserved cherries.

Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.

Yield: 16-20 servings.

Thank you Nicole. :)
Anyone else have a christmas idea for a trifle?

Chef Stacy Edwards said:

I'm thinking a trifle made w/ red velvet cake would be pretty....and tasty!!

Chef Stacy Edwards said:

I have been thinking about doing one that is Pound Cake, White Chocolate Pudding, and Cherry Pie Filling Layered...........does that sound good? I think it would look pretty.......

ChefBeckyD said:
I have been thinking about doing one that is Pound Cake, White Chocolate Pudding, and Cherry Pie Filling Layered...........does that sound good? I think it would look pretty.......

That sounds good. Maybe you could add green food coloring to the pudding to make more colorful & festive??

I found this recipe for Ho Ho Chocolate Strawberry and Cream Dessert. Haven't tried it yet but it looks yummy.

CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM DESSERT

2 10-ounce boxes Hostess Ho Ho's (20 Ho Ho's)

1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice

1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk

1 8-ounce container frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed

1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced into thick slices
Cut Ho Ho's in half crosswise. Layer half of Ho Ho's in bottom of an 8-inch trifle bowl. Stir lemon juice into sweetened condensed milk until well blended. Gently fold whipped topping into milk mixture. Pour half of milk mixture over Ho Ho's. Top with half of sliced strawberries. Repeat the layers.

Kitchen shears - to open the hoho's :p
Pick a Knife Any Knife and a cutting board -- slice the ho-ho's
Corer, egg slicer, sm batter bowl- strawberries
stainless mixing bowl, whisk, can opener, skinny scraper - condensed milk and whipped cream
Citrus press or juicer and prep bowls or measuring device of your choice and another knife - lemon juice
And the Trifle bowl

Becky, I thought you didn't like white chocolate.

JAE said:
Becky, I thought you didn't like white chocolate.
No - Piper doesn't like white chocolate........I don't like white chocolate with raspberries.:D - only dark chocolate with raspberries.

For instance - I LOVE :love: the Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark!:thumbup: In fact, I have to make more for tomorrows show - we broke into my display of it after lunch today.....Rick and Micah love it too!:love:

At our cluster meeting this month we did one that was:

Red Velvet Cake cooked in the bar pan with chocolate chips mixed in for the base,

Next layer was cheesecake pudding mixed with cream cheese

Then a layer of chopped chocolates (I think they were the Nestle Treasurer - dark chocolate truffle ones)

Then a layer of Cool Whip

Repeat and sprinkle top with red and green Christmas sprinkles or drizzle chocolate on parchment paper, cool and place decoration on top...also tie a Christmas ribbon around your trifle bowl for decoration...

Last edited:
Another cute decorating idea was:

1. Take a pear and lay it sideways, slice a little bit off the rounded edge so it sits flat.

2. Remove stem, place a cherry in the end with a toothpick.

3. Slice a gingerroot in half (pick one appropriate for antlers).

4. Place cloves in for eyes.

...and you have a cute little reindeer...

:) I love all your great ideas.

I got the Pumpkin Trifle:thumbup: on here and used pound cake instead of the yellow cake, it went over BIG at my last 2 shows everyone thought it was very light and could eat this after Thanksgiving dinner. When they asked for the recipe I lead them to my PWS and then talked about the outlet etc...

So I am looking foward to seeing more great ideas to do for Christmas Trifles or any Christmas recipe you could share. Thank you all now and forever.

I have a GREAT one!

Brownies, chocolate pudding mixture WITH peppermint extract (I always look up a trifle recipe online for the pudding mixture! I usually use one with sweetened condensed milk), whipped topping, sprinkle the whipped topping layers with green sugar, AND chopped CANDY CANE Hershey's kisses!!!

O.M.G.

It is SO good!!

pamperedape said:
I have a GREAT one!

Brownies, chocolate pudding mixture WITH peppermint extract (I always look up a trifle recipe online for the pudding mixture! I usually use one with sweetened condensed milk), whipped topping, sprinkle the whipped topping layers with green sugar, AND chopped CANDY CANE Hershey's kisses!!!

O.M.G.

It is SO good!!

This one will go over good with my Death by chocolate show in Dec. Thank you, can't wait to try this one as well.

pamperedape said:
I have a GREAT one!

O.M.G.

It is SO good!!

This would be great to do at Dec shows since the trifle bowl is on host special.

christy_c said:
I'm thinking a trifle made w/ red velvet cake would be pretty....and tasty!!
That sounds so yummy and pretty!
BTW Christy I love your new avatar picture! You look so pretty!:thumbup: ;) :balloon:

yummy all these are good ideas

For the one where you add the Peppermint extract...How much do you add?

1. How do I make a Christmas trifle?

To make a Christmas trifle, start by layering your favorite cake, such as pound cake or angel food cake, in the bottom of a trifle dish. Then add a layer of your desired filling, such as fruit, pudding, or whipped cream. Continue layering until you reach the top of the dish, ending with a layer of whipped cream. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

2. Can I make a Christmas trifle in advance?

Yes, you can make a Christmas trifle in advance. It is actually recommended to let the trifle sit in the fridge for a few hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together. You can also make the trifle the day before and keep it covered in the fridge until ready to serve.

3. What kind of cake should I use for a Christmas trifle?

You can use any type of cake for a Christmas trifle, but some popular options include pound cake, angel food cake, or sponge cake. You can also use store-bought cake or make your own from scratch.

4. Can I use frozen fruit in my Christmas trifle?

Yes, you can use frozen fruit in your Christmas trifle. Just make sure to thaw it before using and drain any excess liquid. This will prevent the trifle from becoming too soggy.

5. How long will a Christmas trifle last in the fridge?

A Christmas trifle will typically last 2-3 days in the fridge. Just make sure to keep it covered or in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out. It is best to consume the trifle within 24 hours of making it for optimal freshness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• c00p
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
Replies