• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas Tree Biscuit Decorating: A Fun Creative Project!

In summary, the conversation is about making a Christmas tree-shaped veggie pizza using biscuits as the base. The recipe involves layering different vegetables on top, such as broccoli, red peppers, and yellow peppers cut into stars. Some people substitute sour cream for mayonnaise in the recipe. Others have tried the recipe and found it to be a hit, especially with kids who don't normally like vegetables. Some variations of the recipe include making it into a jack-o-lantern shape for fall or a heart shape for spring. The use of crescent roll rounds is also mentioned as an alternative to using biscuits. Overall, the conversation shows excitement and enthusiasm for trying out this recipe at upcoming shows.
lisa717
Anyone ever do it on the biscuits in the shape of a Christmas tree????? I want to do this on Tues at a show but want to hear that someone else liked it..I know it is normally done on cresents.....it looks really cute with the red peppers strung as garland....

lisa717 said:
Anyone ever do it on the biscuits in the shape of a Christmas tree????? I want to do this on Tues at a show but want to hear that someone else liked it..I know it is normally done on cresents.....it looks really cute with the red peppers strung as garland....

Lisa - I haven't done it, but it sure sound like it would be good. I don't ever make cool veggie pizza at shows anymore, just because it has been done so much - but putting a twist on it like this makes it new again!

Well Becky if you haven't done it I can assume it probably hasn't been done much...LMAO.....But I have a pic of it...and I got it from somoene somewhere.....You start out with one biscuit on the top then go 2,3,4,5, then one for the trunk...Oh they also have a piece of yellow cheese cut out with the star cutter..I will try it this weekend here to be sure it is a hit...I don't really know how you could go wrong with that recipe tho..everybody around here loved it when I had it at one of my shows...

And I just noticed instead of the mayonaise they have a 1/2 sour cream?...Would you do that or stick with the original?

lisa717 said:
Well Becky if you haven't done it I can assume it probably hasn't been done much...LMAO.....But I have a pic of it...and I got it from somoene somewhere.....You start out with one biscuit on the top then go 2,3,4,5, then one for the trunk...Oh they also have a piece of yellow cheese cut out with the star cutter..I will try it this weekend here to be sure it is a hit...I don't really know how you could go wrong with that recipe tho..everybody around here loved it when I had it at one of my shows...

Exactly! This is so good - I think with this twist people will fall in love all over again!:love:

My nephew, who won't eat vegetables usually, will sit and eat a whole one :eek: of these pizzas by himself!

lisa717 said:
And I just noticed instead of the mayonaise they have a 1/2 sour cream?...Would you do that or stick with the original?

My director doesn't like mayo - so she always subs sour cream in its place.......I wonder if that is the case with whoever developed this recipe? If I was subbing sour cream, I would make sure I used a good thick brand.......like Daisy.

OK sounds good....I am gonna do it!!

I always use the crescent rolls they are easy to form into the shape I want.
For fall I make it like a jack o lantern, grated carrots are the top layer
winter I do the tree, broccoli chopped is the top layer, red peppers as garland, stars from yellow peppers with creative cutters
spring I do a heart and tomatoes diced are the top layer
people still love this recipe after all these years & it shows lots of product.

You could use the new crescent roll rounds, place them on the stone and flatten them a little - then you'd still have the crescent taste, but round shape.

lisa717 said:
OK sounds good....I am gonna do it!!

Sooo, are you going to try it first, or are you going to just wing it and do it at the show? (that is something I would do!)

Let us know how it turns out! All of the colors of the veggies would be so pretty as a Christmas Tree! Now I'm getting excited about it! A layer of finely chopped broccoli & green pepper & green onion, and then over that some diced tomatoes, and yellow peppers & carrots, and then the red pepper garland......I think I have some biscuits in the fridge.........:D

chefann said:
You could use the new crescent roll rounds, place them on the stone and flatten them a little - then you'd still have the crescent taste, but round shape.

I forgot about those!

I've made it at shows before. Very impressive! I used the flaky biscuits and split them in two so the crust was not so thick. The flaky biscuits are really easy to separate. This is also cute when done in the shape of a wreath. I use freash parm cheese grated with the micro grater and tell them this is the snow. This is an oldie, but definitely a goodie :thumbup: .

make sure you loosen the crust first and after spreading it with the cream cheese cut it into pieces then garnish (it keeps your veggies form moving when cut and the remaining pizza looks pretty)
I've also substituted ranch dressing for the dill mix

ChefBeckyD said:
Sooo, are you going to try it first, or are you going to just wing it and do it at the show? (that is something I would do!)

Let us know how it turns out! All of the colors of the veggies would be so pretty as a Christmas Tree! Now I'm getting excited about it! A layer of finely chopped broccoli & green pepper & green onion, and then over that some diced tomatoes, and yellow peppers & carrots, and then the red pepper garland......I think I have some biscuits in the fridge.........:D

I think I will try it this weekend just to see how the biscuits lay(IS THAT THE RIGHT WORD?):blushing: ...I will have to see if I have those crescents here you gals talk off I live out in the BOONIES!!!

lisa717 said:
I think I will try it this weekend just to see how the biscuits lay(IS THAT THE RIGHT WORD?):blushing: ...I will have to see if I have those crescents here you gals talk off I live out in the BOONIES!!!

They are cool! They come in a roll just like the regular crescents, but come apart like biscuits.......I've thought about using them for the mini pesto pizzas.

ChefBeckyD said:
They are cool! They come in a roll just like the regular crescents, but come apart like biscuits.......I've thought about using them for the mini pesto pizzas.

What a great idea!! I'm gonna have to stop at Meijers and pick some up. Love it!! :thumbup:

chefruthie said:
[/B]
What a great idea!! I'm gonna have to stop at Meijers and pick some up. Love it!! :thumbup:

Of course you do......:balloon:

Hey Hey I finally have a HOT thread going here...LMAO

lisa717 said:
Hey Hey I finally have a HOT thread going here...LMAO
Hey.....I thought it was COOL veggie pizza :D !!

OMG! It is SOOOO Friday around here! :) We're all getting a little silly for the weekend.

ChefBeckyD said:
Of course you do......:balloon:
I just have to laugh :D . My husband always says, "great minds think alike" !!

Well maybe I'll a COOL DUDE now...LOL

chefann said:
OMG! It is SOOOO Friday around here! :) We're all getting a little silly for the weekend.
Us silly.......never!! We're just trying to be like you :angel: .

chefruthie said:
Us silly.......never!! We're just trying to be like you :angel: .
Oh, honey, you do not wanna be like me. Fat, lazy and wimpy isn't a good place to be in life.

chefann said:
Oh, honey, you do not wanna be like me. Fat, lazy and wimpy isn't a good place to be in life.

How about smart, funny, and sweet......THOSE are the words I would use to describe you!

chefann said:
Too late....already there :p .

lisa717 said:
Well maybe I'll a COOL DUDE now...LOL

Ummm, yeah - if you turn in to a cool dude, then you won't want to hang out with us nerds anymore!:cry:

Well, aren't you just a doll, Becky. :love:

ChefBeckyD said:
How about smart, funny, and sweet......THOSE are the words I would use to describe you!
Hey I was gonna say that but I can't type as fast as you!!!!

I always do the veggie pizza Christmas Tree...everyone loves it and it is so easy to do.

I found the croissant ROUNDS in my hillbilly grocery store..who hoo thanks gals!!

lisa717 said:
I found the croissant ROUNDS in my hillbilly grocery store..who hoo thanks gals!!
Be sure and let us know the results!

1. How do I make a Christmas tree shape with biscuits?

To make a Christmas tree shape with biscuits, start by arranging the biscuits in a triangular shape on a baking sheet, with the points touching. Then, use a rolling pin to gently roll out the dough, connecting the points and creating a cohesive tree shape. Use a knife or cookie cutter to trim the edges and create a defined tree shape.

2. Can I use any type of biscuit dough for this project?

Yes, you can use any type of biscuit dough for this project. However, we recommend using a flaky, buttery dough to achieve the best results. Crescent roll dough is a popular choice for this project, but any homemade or store-bought biscuit dough will work.

3. What kind of toppings can I use to decorate my Christmas tree biscuits?

You can get creative with your toppings for this project! Some popular options include shredded cheese, chopped vegetables (such as red peppers for garland), herbs, and even small pieces of cooked bacon for ornaments. Feel free to experiment and use whatever toppings you think will make your Christmas tree biscuits festive and delicious.

4. Do you have any tips for making the perfect Christmas tree biscuits?

To make the perfect Christmas tree biscuits, make sure to roll out the dough evenly and not too thin. This will help the biscuits hold their shape and prevent them from burning in the oven. Also, be sure to leave enough space between each biscuit on the baking sheet so they have room to expand while baking.

5. Has anyone else tried making Christmas tree biscuits and had success with it?

Yes, many people have tried making Christmas tree biscuits and have had great success with it! It's a fun and creative project that is perfect for holiday gatherings or parties. You can even involve kids in the decorating process and make it a fun activity for the whole family. Give it a try and see how much everyone loves your festive and tasty Christmas tree biscuits!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heat123
  • sarahmarie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
CHEFINGREEN
Replies
Views
Pampered Angel