• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Festive Appetizer Ideas for a Christmas-Themed Show

In summary, the recipe is for a cookie show and the outline is for a cookie show. The ingredients are cake mix, butter, and all-purpose flour. The recipe can be made with lemon or orange zest, peanut butter, chocolate, and flavoring. The cookie press can be used with different colors of dough to make a variety of designs. The cookies can be cut out and decorated. Rice Krispie treats can be made in a non-stick skillet.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
I have an upcoming show where the host would like a "christmas" recipe demoed since she will have her home decorated for the holidays. I'm ok with her request. Any suggestions for a recipe, probably an appetizer over a dessert (I've already made the antipasti pull aparts and the brie for her at previous shows). Thanks.

What about a cookie show? They're so much fun, and you can show guests how to make several different types of cookies using just one dough.

mountainmama74 - I did The cookie show before... It is a big hit expecialy when there is a lot of mom's there.

Tapenade Meatballs (uses the green pesto), serve with Rosemary Habanero dipping sauce.

Do the Bacon Cheese Pinwheels with crescent dough & after you slice them up, form a Christmas tree or ball ornament shape on the cookie sheet before baking. Brush with milk or egg wash and sprinkle with chopped red and green peppers before baking.

Use a savory muffin or quick bread recipe and bake in the Mini Muffin pan.

Any of our seasonings made into dips - serve w/veggies in the Cool n Serve.

Dessert Trifle (or make a Christmas centerpiece with Trifle bowl - fat pillar candle surrounded by mini ornaments or holiday candies).

Ok, so for those who have done a cookie show, could you please share your outline, please oh please!!
Thanks!

I would like to see an outline to if anyone has one out there. I have my first cookie show on December 7th!!!

elegant artichoke cups

I loke the cookie truffles that are in the holiday mini cats

I've got to try those this weekend; esp. since I have a Thanksgiving luncheon to take them to on Monday!

Thanks for the great suggestions. I will offer some and see what appeals.

annew said:
elegant artichoke cups

This is one of my favorite items.....I make it for my personal events as well as demos!

mountainmama74 said:
What about a cookie show? They're so much fun, and you can show guests how to make several different types of cookies using just one dough.
Do you have info on the cookie show? What types of cookies can you make with one dough? I have a show on Dec 1 and would LOVE for it to be a Cookie show!!!

Holiday Cookie Ideas

The recipe:
1 cake mix
1 pound butter (or oleo with at least 65% fat)
2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
• Microwave 2 sticks of butter in small batter bowl, then cut other two sticks into the melted butter and let sit to soften.
• Measure flour using adjustable measuring cup. Whisk cake mix and flour together.
• Whisk the butter to form smooth cream, then add to cake mixture. Mix thoroughly.

Change flavor by adding:
• Lemon or orange zest
• Peanut butter
• Melted chocolate or cocoa powder
• Flavoring (vanilla, almond, cinnamon
• Change flavor of cake mix (devils food, cherry, spice)

Mini-muffin Pan – use small stainless steel scoop to make “button” cookies.:
• Drop in pan, then push a piece of candy to each cavity: Snickers, Reese cups, Kisses, etc.
• Roll in coating: Colored sugar, sprinkles, chopped nuts, toasted coconut, cinnamon sugar.
• Add items before scooping: M&M’s, any flavor and size chips (peanut butter, heath, chocolate), candied fruit – don’t forget the mini M&M’s and mini chocolate chips.

Drop cookies:
• Add same as in mini-muffin above.
• Leave round to give rounded shape.
• Flatten before baking to give flatter shape.
• Put thumb print in some and fill with jam.
• Use medium or large stainless steel scoop for family or “teen” size cookies.

Cookie Press:
• Tree, Wreath, Bar for the holidays
• Color part of dough before pressing. Use lots of coloring as it fades in baking.
• Using two colors of dough, make a rectangle with one color, then make a rope with the second. Place rope in middle of rectangle and roll the rectangle around the rope. You can now put in cookie press to make one color in the middle with a different color on the outside.
• Using three colors of dough, make three ropes. Place them side by side in the cookie press for striped look.
• Sprinkle with colored sugar before baking if desired.

Cut out cookies:
• Add ¼ cup of flour to make stiffer dough.
• Roll in powdered sugar to give a “glaze” to the baked cookie. Also prevents working too much flour into the dough.
• Make sandwich cookies by make two the same symmetrical shape.
• Make “window” cookies by cutting hole in one half the cookies. Bake, then sandwich them together and fill center with jam.

Decorating after baking:
• Use melted chocolate to dip ends in, then dip cookie in chopped nuts. (can be colored
• Frost, then add sprinkles of any flavor.
• Use decorator bottles with different colored frosting to be creative.

Rice Krispie treats – use our non-stick family skillet to make the job easier.

Two-step fudge
• Melt one pound of chocolate wafers or chips in family skillet or micro-cooker. (Be careful not to let water touch the chocolate, and don’t burn the chocolate)
• Add one can of frosting, mix well.
• Pour out on butter pan. Cut when set up.
• You can also put in easy accent decorator and drop “stars” on parchment paper to set up.
• Change the flavor by changing the flavor of the chocolate (white, peanut butter or any of the new yummy flavors) or by changing the flavor of the frosting.

I use the Original NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe, I change out the chips for Mint Choc Chip chunk, Mint chips; Turtle cookies: Pecans, 1/4 COCO, caramel pcs (must be frozen);
You can add pretty much what ever you want. It is great show to do.
If you need anything else PM me.

You can also do different add ins to the dough:

crushed candy canes
coconut and white chocolate (then melt white chocolate and drizzle on top)
lemon zest and lemon flavoring, with a light powdered sugar icing on top

Yes, You can put what ever your craving in there, That's what is so good about it.

I made the recipe shared above for cookie dough made with cake mix last nite and I was so impressed by not only how easy it was to make ,but how great the cookies were! Very yummy and sooooo many variations possible. This just may be my go-to cookie dough from now on! Thanks for sharing!:thumbup:

1. What are some easy appetizers that I can make for my Christmas-themed show?

For a quick and easy option, try making festive cheese platters with a variety of cheeses, crackers, and holiday-themed fruits like pomegranates and cranberries. You can also make a simple crostini bar with different toppings such as roasted vegetables, spreads, and cured meats.

2. How can I make my appetizers look more festive?

One way to make your appetizers look more festive is by using holiday-themed cookie cutters to cut out shapes from bread, cheese, or fruits. You can also add some holiday-themed toothpicks or small flags to your appetizers for a pop of color.

3. I want to make a hot appetizer, but I'm short on time. Any suggestions?

If you're short on time, try making mini quiches in a muffin tin or using pre-made puff pastry to make festive tartlets. You can also make a warm dip like spinach and artichoke dip or bacon-wrapped dates with just a few ingredients and minimal prep time.

4. Can I make any of these appetizers ahead of time?

Yes, many appetizers can be made ahead of time and reheated before your Christmas-themed show. Dishes like stuffed mushrooms, mini quiches, and dips can be assembled and stored in the refrigerator until you're ready to bake or serve them.

5. Are there any appetizer ideas for guests with dietary restrictions?

Yes, you can make a variety of appetizers to accommodate guests with dietary restrictions. Some ideas include vegetable crudités with hummus, gluten-free crackers with cheese and fruit, and marinated olives and peppers for a vegan option. You can also label your appetizers with allergen information to make it easier for guests to find options that fit their dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithhart
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • pamperedval
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pampered2007