1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Christmas Newsletter

1. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Thought I'd share our Christmas newsletter with my friends here on CS. Feel free to share yours. I love learning more about each of you.

Attached Files:

Dec 8, 2009
  2. pattikake

pattikake Member

I love it Rae! I want to put one together this year .. haven't done one in awhile. It's a great way to get all the updates and happenings with all of the family.

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Dec 9, 2009
  3. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

It's wonderful Rae! It's nice to know The Furry Guy has a name ;). I've written mine out, now I just need to get DH to read it to make sure I didn't miss anything, then translate it for those family members who don't read English. From there, printing and stuffing envelopes.

Dec 9, 2009
  4. raebates

Be sure to share it, Noora. Yes, The Furry Guy has a name. Among most of our friends he's known by his given name. However, they love the fact that my friends know him as The Furry Guy.

Patti, I can't not do a newsletter now. We've done one for a number of years. People we no longer get a chance to see and catch up with tell me that they always look forward to our letter. It lets them feel like we've spent time together.

Dec 9, 2009
  5. NooraK

OK, here's mine.

Attached Files:

Dec 9, 2009
  6. raebates

Good job, Noora! Thanks for sharing.

Dec 10, 2009
  7. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

Thanks for sharing guys!! I was wondering if I'd ever learn TFG's real name!! LOL!

Dec 10, 2009
  8. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

Thanks for sharing your letters. It inspires me to write one of my own. Never have been good at that kind of stuff

Dec 10, 2009
  9. raebates

The Furry Guy likes the fact that he remains mostly anonymous. It gives him a bit of protection from whatever I might say about him. :)

Dec 10, 2009
  10. Maragib

Maragib Member

Thanks for this thread, it finally spurred me to write our yearly letter, so i sat down and did it and now it is done thanks to you all!

Dec 10, 2009
  11. raebates

Goo for you, Maragib. Are you willing to share it?

Here's a hint for next year. Staring now, make notes about things that happen. That way you won't have to remember everything next year when you sit own to write your newsletter.

Dec 11, 2009
  12. NooraK

I save all of our pictures on the external harddrive in folders titled with the dates of the events. I browse through those folders, and use the checkbook to look back at what we did each year. May be a bit of an unusual way to figure it all out, but it works! :D

Dec 11, 2009
  13. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Rae, I love it! I've always wanted to do it since I'm a scrapbooker and memory keeper at heart but I feel like our circle of true friends is somewhat small so I never have really done it. Would it be tacky to do via e-mail as I just ordered 20 photo cards for my little list?

Can't wait to read more and maybe I'll create one just to share with my PC friends!

Dec 11, 2009
  14. raebates

These days email isn't considered tacky at all. I receive a few Christmas newsletters that way.

Dec 11, 2009
  15. Maragib

Maragib Member

I still need to edit, so if you see anything, or if areas are confusing, please feel free to let me know. :D Mara

Attached Files:

Dec 11, 2009
  16. raebates

Thanks so much for sharing, Maragib. It's a really fun letter. Since you asked, I noticed two typos:

In the paragraph where you're talking about Caleb the world willing is missing an l.

In the paragraph about yourself the word occasionally should be capitalized.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Dec 12, 2009
Have something to add?