• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Ham in a Rectangular Baker - Experiences and Tips

In summary, the best way to cook a ham in a rectangular baker is to preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and place the ham in the baker with the fat side facing up. To prevent the ham from drying out, baste it with its own juices or a glaze every 20-30 minutes and cover with foil if it starts to brown too quickly. A frozen ham can also be cooked in a rectangular baker, but the cooking time will be longer. The size of the baker used should be at least 2 inches larger than the ham. Additionally, a rectangular baker can be used for a variety of dishes besides cooking ham, such as casseroles, roasted vegetables, and desserts. Just make sure to adjust the
chefautumn
I was wondering if anyone thinks it might be a good idea for me to cook my ham in the Rectangular Baker with the lid/bowl insted of usinf foil? I just got the Lid/Bowl and would like to use it.
Has anyone tried this before?

chefautumn said:
I was wondering if anyone thinks it might be a good idea for me to cook my ham in the Rectangular Baker with the lid/bowl insted of usinf foil? I just got the Lid/Bowl and would like to use it.
Has anyone tried this before?
ABSOLUTELY!! It will be sooo moist!

Thanks!
I'll try it and let you all know how it turns out.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :)

What is the best way to cook a ham in a rectangular baker?

The best way to cook a ham in a rectangular baker is to preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and place the ham in the baker with the fat side facing up. Cover the baker with aluminum foil and bake for about 15 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.

How do I prevent my ham from drying out in the rectangular baker?

To prevent your ham from drying out, make sure to baste it with its own juices or a glaze every 20-30 minutes during the cooking process. You can also cover the ham with additional foil if it starts to brown too quickly.

Can I cook a frozen ham in a rectangular baker?

Yes, you can cook a frozen ham in a rectangular baker. However, it will take longer to cook, so make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and use a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches the proper internal temperature.

What size rectangular baker should I use for my ham?

The size of the baker will depend on the size of your ham. As a general rule, you will want to use a baker that is at least 2 inches larger than your ham in all directions to allow for proper air circulation and prevent spills.

Can I use my rectangular baker for other dishes besides cooking ham?

Yes, you can use your rectangular baker for a variety of dishes besides cooking ham. It is perfect for casseroles, roasted vegetables, and even baking desserts. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature as needed for each dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tloudermilk
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • kmom820
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kmom820
  • Roadtripray