• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas Treat Ideas and Gingerbread Cookie Dough Recipe - Help Needed!

In summary, Beth is in need of help with Christmas baking. She has a list of things she would like to make, but does not have the time to do them all. She has invited the other ladies to come and visit her.
ChefBeckyD said:
Jennifer,
I haven't made these, but I would think that if you pop them in the freezer for 15 or so minutes before baking them, that would help them stay together??
You don't have to bake them. Just let them dry on wax paper and then put them in the fridge or just eat them:p

Correction on Cranberry Bread Recipe:

I had posted a lot of holiday recipes on this thread but was told there was an error on the Cranberry Bread Recipe. I have checked my original recipe and here is the correct information:

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg, beaten slightly
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1/2 cup orange juice
1 cup cranberries, cut in half
2 Tbsp. hot water
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 Tbsp. orange zest

Combine dry ingredients, then add the rest of the ingredients. Bake 1 hour 10 minutes at 325 degrees until cake tester comes out clean. Adjust time according to your oven (I would check it at 45 minutes). This recipe makes one regular size loaf (does not fill the pan as full as some other recipes). The dough is dry.

I will delete the original attachement and attach a corrected one. Sorry about the error!

Attachments

• Beth's holiday recipes-corrected.doc
    69 KB · Views: 453
Beth you are one busy lady I remeber growing up and my mom would make pumpkin bread and then have us delier them to everyone in our church luckily they were all so close together my mom and dad would sit in the nice warm truck while all the kids piled in the back and off we went to deliver pumpkin bread

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay Darby - are these chewy or crunchy Molasses Cookies??? I had a friend in Elementary School who used to bring the most wonderful chewy molasses cookies to school for lunch....I would trade her ANYTHING to get those cookies, and even had her give me the recipe..(I was obsessed with cooking even in the 3rd grade!) but somewhere along the way I lost the recipe...I think they were called "Molasses Crinkles" and they were so chewy and good....I'd love to recreate them!

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. These are the most wonderful chewy cookies I have ever tasted. My Grandmama says she got the recipe from her mother and her moms were always chewy too. If my Grandmama wanted to make them extra special, shed frost them with brown butter and cream cheese frosting.....mmmm!

Ok, I just made a recipe I got from a friend. It might be the same as the oreo truffles but they are oh so good. You just chop up very finely a package of oreo cookies and mix it with a block of cream cheese. Then you scoop them out in little balls and stick them in the fridge for a little bit. Then when they are nice and hard dip them in melted dipping chocolate. Put them back in the fridge for 15 minutes and they are ready to eat. They are so delicious!

I have a really good one, its very easy. It is called Boterkoek, a dutch almond butter cake:
2 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 sticks butter or margarine (1 cup)
1 cup (1/2 lb.) almond paste
2 cups flour

Mix eggs, sugar, and butter- blend well. Slowly add almond paste, add flour. (I just broke up the almond paste slowly since it is hard) Bake in 9x13 stone. Brush top with evaporated milk or sprinkle with sliced almonds and sugar. Bake at 325F for 35-40 mins.

I did the sugar and almonds. It is soooo... good and very easy. It comes out very moist, but hardens quickly so put in an airtight container w/ a piece of bread!
Hope you enjoy!!
Melissa

A tradiion in my fmaily is that we all get together the first or second Saturday of the month and bake ALL DAY LONG. (Even the guys!) We have Christmas music playing the background and we make different batches. This year:
Buckeyes
Cinnamon Cookies
Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Italian Nut Balls
Classic Spritz Cookies (I use the PC recipe, I love it and of course the Cookie Press)
Oatmeal Scotchies
ThumbprintsAnd since I ran out of time and energy when baking last Saturday, I still have sugar cookies to make and decorate, chocolate chip cookies (we all know that they are Santa's favorite), and then my son loves to do the Slice & Bake with the reindeer and trees on them from the store, so I will let him do those while I supervise.As far as baking them, I always bake on stones. I only have the old cookie sheets becuase they were brand new when my DH and I got married and I figured with as many cookies as we have going into and out of the oven on Cookie Bake Day, having a couple of extra sheets on hand would help. So, for the rest of the year that we don't use them, I pack them away with the Christmas decorations! ;)

BETH,

Thanks for the recipes.

Finally I found my family's other favorite recipe that I make both for xmas & used to make for easter, it is cream wafers http://www.bettycrocker.com/Recipes/Recipe.aspx?recipeId=4873 . These are very delicate and so a bit of work but yummm (and of course you get to eat all the broken ones). I usually just use a small glass for cutting them into rounds and I make them a bit thicker then recommended to make them easier to work with. For xmas I make the filling really deep red/green and for easter I went more with a pastel for the filling.

Thasha those look yummy thanks everyone for sharing these recipes. My DH wants me to make cinnamon rolls with chocolate chips in them for christmas morning they are really yummy

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies