• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas Dinner Menu and Traditions: From Smoked Turkey to Tiramisu

and we get to pick what we want for dessert. My favorite every year is pumpkin pie.Christmas Day we always go to my mom's. We get breakfast there (usually waffles, eggs, sausage, home fries, bacon, oatmeal), then we go to my sisters and her family's house to open presents. Then we come home and have lunch. This year I am making my mom's famous garlic mashed potatoes.
raebates
Staff member
What are you having for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Is it a tradition in your family, or do you decide each year what you want to make?

This is what we're having for Christmas Day:

Smoked Turkey
Roasted Green Beans and Red Potatoes
Tiramisu

The Tiramisu is a tradition in our family. It's one of our son's favorites, and I've made it for years. The main dish is also sort of traditional in a weird way. For the last several years we've tried something new for Christmas. A couple of times, out of necessity, that's been on Christmas Eve, but we're enjoying trying new stuff. Smoked turkey isn't quite as exotic as the alligator we had in 2007, but I'm sure it will be yummy.

We are having: Fried turkey, baked turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, homemade mac and cheese, homemade dinner rolls and my MIL fabulous dressing. Pumpkin pie, Apple pie, and pecan pie.
We have the whole family over for Christmas dinner, and when I say whole family I mean it! LOL My mom, stepdad, sister and her son and boyfriend, my brother, my dad and stepmom, my husband's parents and his sister with her husband and my nieces, my grandparents and then of course my oldest and her boyfriend. We have a full house and a large menu each Christmas!

Sounds fun!

Rae - my brother brought a smoked turkey to Thanksgiving Dinner....it was SO GOOD! We loved it, and it made the best leftover turkey! I think we may have smoked turkey from now on! (and I think it's funny I'm chatting with you all over the place! :D)

We traditionally go to the In-Laws for Christmas Eve. In the past, it was sloppy joes and baked beans, but then it went to Pizza. I think this year it's back to Sloppy Joes though.

We haven't really come up with a traditional dinner for us for Christmas Day. I bought Lobster Tails to have this year...depending on the weather, we will either have them with grilled steaks, or I'll do a Baked Shrimp dish inside. Hoping that the Lobster becomes a Christmas Tradition, because I love Lobster!

Becky, we've both been talking about food lately. That clearly is a passionate topic for us both. ;)The Furry Guy would be with you on the lobster tails. He LOVES lobster. I don't love it, but it's okay. It's a texture issue for me. So often it's overcooked and a little rubbery.

We'll have a Christmas Eve dinner at my in-laws early. Usually ham, german potato salad, rolls, corn, noodles and dessert. After we go to candle light service, we go back to il's and have munchies, wine & open presents. We stay pretty late, but it's ok because they live next door!

For Christmas day, sometimes we have a huge breakfast after we get done opening presents. This year (and every alternating year) we'll have cinnamon rolls & then open presents. We then have a big lunch. On the cinnamon rolls years, it's because my dd is at her dad's & we like having our big meal together. She'll come home at 10 a.m. and open her santa gifts. Then, my mom & brother will come up about the same time that dd gets home. This year for lunch, we'll have homemade pizza & salad. For the big breakfast years, we have bacon, eggs, sausage gravy & biscuits, hash browns & toast.

Becky,
wanna share the baked shrimp recipe

Lets see Christmas Eve we always go to my parents house for dinner which is Cheesy Enchilda Soup. Then we go to Christmas Eve Candlight Service after that we go look at Christmas lights around town then go to my aunts and uncles house to open presents with that side and have desserts.
Christms day-this year the DH and I are goign to start our own tradition and have a morning breakfast after gifts which will be a baked casserole and apple cobbler. For lunch we will go to my parents again and open gifts with the 5 of us (parents, sister and dh and i), then after that for dinner we will go and meet up with my dads parents side for dinner we will have the traditional dinner, turkey, potatoes, stuffing and such.

I picked up a Prime Rib Roast and found a recipe on Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen site that I may try...sounds delicious! It's just my DH, myself and our two boys...so not much food required here. No family close by so not going anywhere on C.Eve either- except maybe church service.

Christmas Eve is at my grandmothers'.... she usually has it catered. There is always a meat dish, a pasta dish, veggies, potato, rolls, etc.

Christmas morning- my mother in law comes over and we do a breakfast here, usually french toast, bacon, and friut

Christmas lunch (high noon)- my mother in law makes a ham, potatoes, corn, rolls, and much more

Christmas Day night- my parents cook up something for everyone (about 30 people)
my dad usually does a roast, beans, rice salad, always amazing and he is the true "chef" of the family!!

the 26th- we always have our own version of boxing day and have something pre-made and ready to go!

Then we diet.;)

We are going to a Chrstmas Eve party, which I guess is becoming tradition. Christmas morning I make a casserole either sausage or french toast. that goes in the oven while we open gifts. Then we lay around and play games and watch movies. No traditional dinner. The menu has been different the past 2 years. This year we are having steak, shrimp, crab cakes, au gratin potatoes, broccoli, pound cake maybe a caramel apple pie.

Eve-Lasagna at SILs
Breakfast-HUGE Omelette or Eggs Benni and every possilbe breakfast side dish you can imagine! :p
Lunch-dinner-Traditional turkey dinner.

Christmas Eve....we keep it small, but I usually make the seven fishes for dinner..shrimp,lobster, calamari,etc.....but this yr. we are going small with that too as my MIL who usually sends us fresh lobster,crabs,etc from where they live in Fla. Keys is not home this yr....they are up in Minn. at the Mayo clinic for my FIL.....

Christmas breakfast I make homemade pancakes, bacon,etc....

for Christmas dinner I am making Prime Rib, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoe casserole, steamed asparagus, corn, cornbread, mushrooms, salad, etc.....(open those belt loops!!)

Christmas Eve at my in-laws - appetizers and possibly soup
Christmas Day night at my dad's - homemade pizza
Day after Christmas lunch - soups

Christmas Eve - Mom's. The star of the dinner is tamales. Then we have turkey, dressing, rice, beans and a couple of side veggies.

Christmas day - We usually have a large breakfast...and then a roast or ham with macaroni and cheese, a veggie and salad for later in the day. This year my MIL will be in charge....looks like we're having Ham, sweet potatoes and the rest is in planning stage. I'm going to try and sneak in homemade macaroni and cheese. We will see.

We are having a deep fried turkey breast (for the hubby who doesn't like ham--weirdo LOL), a spiral honey ham, homemade mac & cheese, asparagus, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, crescent rolls.
We have a family of eight so we can never have enough food LOL

ChefMary412 said:
Christmas Eve is at my grandmothers'.... she usually has it catered. There is always a meat dish, a pasta dish, veggies, potato, rolls, etc. Christmas morning- my mother in law comes over and we do a breakfast here, usually french toast, bacon, and friutChristmas lunch (high noon)- my mother in law makes a ham, potatoes, corn, rolls, and much moreChristmas Day night- my parents cook up something for everyone (about 30 people)
my dad usually does a roast, beans, rice salad, always amazing and he is the true "chef" of the family!! the 26th- we always have our own version of boxing day and have something pre-made and ready to go! Then we diet.;)
I suppose I should Google this sometime, but I've always wondered what on earth Boxing Day is! :D Is it the day you clean up all the boxes from Christmas? :D

1. What are some easy and delicious sides to serve for Christmas dinner?

Some popular and easy side dishes for Christmas dinner include roasted vegetables (such as carrots, brussels sprouts, and sweet potatoes), mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and cranberry sauce. You can also try making a festive salad with seasonal fruits and nuts.

2. How can I make sure my turkey is cooked to perfection?

The best way to ensure a perfectly cooked turkey is to use a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the turkey (usually the thigh) and make sure it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Also, be sure to let the turkey rest for at least 15 minutes before carving to allow the juices to redistribute.

3. What are some creative alternatives to traditional Christmas ham?

If you're looking for something different than the typical Christmas ham, you can try a roast beef, prime rib, or even a whole roasted chicken. Another option is to make a festive vegetarian main dish, such as a lentil or mushroom Wellington, or a vegetable lasagna.

4. How can I make sure my Christmas dinner is stress-free?

One way to minimize stress on Christmas dinner is to plan and prepare as much as possible in advance. Make a timeline for cooking and delegate tasks to family members or friends who are attending the dinner. You can also opt for easy and time-saving recipes, such as slow cooker dishes, or consider ordering some dishes from a catering service.

5. What are some fun and festive dessert ideas for Christmas?

Some delicious and festive dessert ideas for Christmas include classic options like apple pie, pumpkin pie, or gingerbread cookies. You can also try making a trifle with layers of cake, pudding, and fruit, or a Yule log cake decorated to look like a log. For a healthier option, you can serve a fruit salad or a platter of Christmas-themed fruits like strawberries, kiwis, and raspberries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • chefjeanine
  • General Chat
Replies