• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas Countdown & Organizing Tips | 82 Days Left Until Christmas

In summary, Kattyshchack is counting down the days until Christmas, while Kelly is sharing her experience of moving and decorating on Christmas Eve.
I saw it in a couple of catalogs and thought it was an adorable idea, Meghan.BTW, I don't wait for company to do fun things at home. Case in point, I always make faces when I make pancakes. I put the batter in a an old restaurant-style ketchup bottle and use it to make all kinds of faces, flowers, fruits, and such. The remnants become connected dots for caterpillars. I do this even when it's just The Furry Guy and me. After all, we deserve the fun stuff, too.

Today is October 24. There are only 62 days left until Christmas!

Are there kids in your life? Take the time to really have fun with them.

• Take them out in their jammies to see all the Christmas lights.

• Take them to the library. Check out books on Christmas in different countries and read about different traditions each night. You might even decide to incorporate a few of those traditions into your own celebration.

• Have a movie night. Make some popcorn and enjoy some of the holiday classics. You might even be able to check some of the golden oldies out at the library. (My favorite is The Bishop's Wife with David Niven, Loretta Young, and Carey Grant. It's a wonderful story beautifully done. And, the effects are amazing for the time.)

Today is October 25. There are only 61 days left until Christmas. Christmas is two months from today. Are you making any gifts this year? If so, get started right away. By working a little each day, you'll have your crafts done in plenty of time.I spent most of yesterday prowling around craft stores, and most of them have a large portion of their Christmas stuff out and available. No need to wait.

Today is October 26. There are only 60 days left until Christmas!What is the centerpiece of your Christmas celebration? Are the next two months truly focused on your top priority? It's easy to let the busy-ness of the season distract us from the priorities we've set.For many people family is the core for Christmas. If that's your family, are you spending all of your time grumping at the members of your own household? Are you spending all of your time doing stuff and little of it enjoying one another? Your children will remember very few of the gifts they receive. However, they will remember the traditions you establish. (Some they will remember with a warm feeling of joy; others with a chuckle of derision or a roll of the eyes. Either way, you're making a memory.)In our home Christmas is primarily a celebration of our faith, a time to reflect on the beginning of the most miraculous gift ever given. We pray about what God in the form of Baby Jesus would want from us at Christmas. We make sure to give of our time and resources to charities--often those involving children. We strive to make sure our attitudes toward others are reflective of what we believe. Take a moment to reflect on what you want to emphasize this Christmas. Then, take a few more moments to figure out how you will honor your priorities.

Today is October 27. There are only 59 days left until Christmas.Make things easy on yourself by collecting all your lists and information in one or two places. By keeping everything together, you'll save time and energy looking for things. You'll also be less likely to lose or forget things.I say one or two because I actually use two. I have a computer file where I keep the lists I use from year to year:
  • Gifts--who we buy for, what we're planning to buy, and what we receive
  • Cards--who we're sending to and their addresses
  • Parties--who we're inviting, what we're serving, invitations, and notes from previous years
I also have a notebook where I keep pages I've torn out of magazines, ideas I've printed from online sources, crafting ideas, order confirmations, and such. I use a 3-ring binder with dividers. I have pockets in the binder for things I don't want to 3-hole punch.

Since those of you reading this are plan-ahead people, I thought you might enjoy this. I read on Saturday that many people consider Thanksgiving as the kick-off to starting their Christmas planning. The article pointed out that this isn't necessarily the best idea for two reasons. First, that gives you only about a month to get everything done. Second, Thanksgiving moves, so you don't always have the same amount of time. The author pointed out that Halloween is actually the most logical starting date. If you use November 1 to begin planning, you'll have right about 8 weeks to do your planning and execute your plan.I was sharing this with a young woman on Sunday. She said, "Well, I think if you start on the day after Thanksgiving, if you actually go shopping that day, you can probably get most of the people on your list taken care of." I said, "Yes, you're right. However, that would mean that you have begun your planning before then so you know who you're buying for, where you're going, and what you're buying.""Oh, yeah," was her response.Of course, we have a big head start, even on those November 1 people. BTW, I've been doing my best to take my own advice. (Okay, a lot of it is really advice I get from elsewhere and pass along.) I bought my Christmas stamps on Saturday. I'm all set to address my Christmas cards during the first week of November so they'll be ready to go. That way, during the first week of December, I'll just have to add the newsletter, seal them, and pop them in the mail.

Last edited:
Today is October 28. There are only 58 days left until Christmas.Don't do it all yourself. I know the cookies look better if you do them by yourself. I know the tree looks better if you decorate it yourself. i know the room is cleaner when you do it yourself. However, you'll be of no use to anyone by December 23 if you do everything yourself. Delegate. Involve the other members of your family. I've been told that some husbands simply refuse to help. That's entirely possible. Often, though, it's the particular assignment they don't like. If you're enlisting the help of other family members, try giving them a choice. (Honey, would you rather hang the garland or put up the wreath?) Make some things a family fun event. My family of origin was fairly dysfunctional, but I have fond memories of trimming the tree together. In my own little family, decorating day is a day to play Christmas movies, snack all day on munchies, and reminisce about the ornaments and decorations. Do my home and tree look like a competent designer created them? No way. They are, however, filled with love and memories. It may take a while, but allowing others to help gives them a sense of ownership of the holidays. Plus, you'll be training your children to treat the holidays like an adventure, not a chore.

This is something I do year round. I carry a small spiral notebook or index cards in my purse, when I'm out and about thru the year with differant people that I give gifts to I try and pay attention to things they say they would like to have or want and where we saw it. Or their size if we are shopping for clothes. Then I write it down of their card. I also keep notes of what I have already bought so I don't over buy for someone, I still keeps notes then when other family members call and ask what so and so wants or needs I can get my cards and let them know. Really works well for me.

Also I have a 22gallon tote that I keep in our storage room and that is where I hid stocking stuffers and gifts, no one looks there because they think it is just junk. Hubby and daughter are both snoopers. So I have to be sneaky.

This is a great post! Today was my first read and I really got some great ideas!

THANKS

Today is October 29. There are only 57 days left until Christmas!Start saving that packing material. As PC Consultants, we have a distinct advantage. Those supply packages and orders that come to our houses have great packing material. Collect yours near where you'll be doing your wrapping so it will be handy.

Today is October 30. There are only 56 days left until Christmas!I mentioned yesterday keeping your saved packing materials near where you'll be wrapping your gifts. You might want to think seriously about setting up a wrapping/shipping station. It could be a small table in a corner of a room. It could be a tote filled with all of your supplies that you can easily move to the kitchen table or other large, flat surface. The important thing is to have what you need where you need it. My standard operating procedure is to choose one day in mid-November to wrap the things I've already bought or made. This gives me a chance to double-check what I have and what I still need. From then on, I'll wrap as I purchase or finish a gift.

Happy Halloween!

Today is October 31. There are only 55 days left until Christmas.

When you wrap, use a different paper or ribbon for each person's gifts. That way you don't have to put names on the packages, so you'll be able to foil those snoopers.

BTW, if you're as forgetful as I am, you'll want to keep a list of what paper or ribbon is for which person. Hide it among the wrapping supplies. I'm sure you'd hate for your husband to get the Hello Kitty undies. :blushing:

Too funny! I always like to wrap everyone's in a different paper but I still tag them. My Daddy (who has been gone 26 years now) used to always be able to guess what was in his packages. We couldn't figure it out... One day Mom noticed that there was scotch tape in a different place on one of the packages. Daddy was taking his little pocket knife, slitting open the end of the paper, looking at the contents of the box, and taping it back! It was too funny!

That sneak! I could never peak. As a matter of fact, from the time I was about 10, we knew where Mom hid the presents. They were in her walk-in closet. She would tell us in early December to not go in there. That's also where the hamper was, so for a few weeks we left our dirty clothes on her bed. One year I forgot and walked right in. I was in tears when I told Mom that I saw we were getting new sleeping bags. She assured me that it was fine. It was an accident. I just shouldn't tell my little brother. Christmas morning I found out that they weren't sleeping bags. They were shrink-wrapped bean bag chairs.

Today is November 1. There are only 54 days left until Christmas!Sales are starting early. Keep a list with you at all times--gift ideas, sizes, color preferences, who's done, and who you still need to buy for. This will help you take advantage of those early sales and keep you from buying an extra gift for Uncle Fred.

Today is November 2. There are only 53 days left until Christmas!How's your kitchen? If you're like me, you have some stuff in your pantry, cupboards, freezer, and fridge that should either be used up or thrown out. This week is a great time to do that. Look over what you have. Use up anything that's nearing its expiration date. Throw out anything that's unidentifiable or scary. (I can't be the only person who finds these kinds of things in the freezer or fridge.) Once you've sorted through, used up, thrown out, and organized, you'll be ready for all of those foods you'll be buying for Thanksgiving and Christmas cooking.

I just started going through my pantry yesterday and yikes!!! Why do I buy some of these things??? But I too am trying to see what I do and don't need, as well as get my list of things ready so I can start making those yummy treats for Christmas!!

Start addressing those holiday cards now. Why wait and stress??

I have started addressing mine for hosts/guests anyways. I haven't done family ones yet, not enough to stress over. I buy my cards at the dollar tree store. Usually get 15 for a buck. And then I buy a nice box like at Hallmark or something like that for my hosts. I am thinking of putting in some kind of coupon as well. Probably something small for guests and maybe a little bigger for hosts. Not sure yet.

Today is November 3. There are only 52 days left until Christmas!

How's your budget? It makes sense to sit down now and really think about how much you feel comfortable spending. Some things to consider:

• Gifts
  • Charitable Giving
  • Stocking Stuffers
  • Gift Wrap
  • Postage/Shipping
  • Christmas Cards
  • Holiday Photo
  • tips and Service Gifts
  • Holiday Meals
  • Baking and Kitchen Gifts
  • Entertaining (party food, decorations, invitations, etc)
  • Decorative Items & Christmas Tree
  • Home Improvements
  • Travel Expenses
  • Holiday Clothing
  • Post-Christmas Sales (Yep, put that right in the budget now and get a head start for next year)

I know budgets aren't fun, but they can save a lot of stress later.

Every year we order Crisco/santa's choice. This year it is to arrive Dec.5th so all my Christmas goodies and food is taken care of. I love those hampers they are wonderful!

I've never heard of that, Rennea. What is it?

It's a company that started in the UK I believe. You pick different hampers for Christmas and every month you put a little money on them. It makes it easier when the holidays comes. I always make sure to get the pantry top up hamper. It has everything from tin foil, napkins to spices, baking staples and canned goods. I don't have to rush out to buy all my baking staples or anything.

This year I also added the "little Christmas" hamper that has everything for your Christmas dinner and the "big breakfast" hamper. The hampers are so big that they last me about 6-7 months. I generally don't get a lot of meat with mine. This year I am getting a turkey, ham, 2 chickens, 2 Bacon, 2 sausages, 2 ground pork.

The hampers also make excellent gifts!

Cool. That's a wonderful idea.

Today is November 4. There are only 51 days left until Christmas!Don't let the holiday rush ruin your health. At organizedchristmas.com they suggest the 5-10-15 approach. Take 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
Add 10 minutes of quiet time to reduce stress.
Combine that with 15 minutes of gentle aerobic exercise.You can, of course, add more quiet time for prayer, a quick nap, a cup of tea, etc. You can also add more exercise time. However, if your schedule is crazy, the 5-10-15 approach should fit into even the most demanding day.

Today is November 5. There are only 50 days left until Christmas!

Do you have a house plan? It's just so easy to let things pile up as we get busy. I'm probably one of the worst. I don't want to have to do that speedy Tasmanian devil cleaning as someone turns into our drive, so I'm taking this advice. Organizedchristmas.com has a great plan.

Daily:
  • Clean the kitchen after dinner
  • Run 1 load of laundry
  • Tidy up the living room (or main gathering area)

Weekly:
  • Vacuum entry and living room
  • sweep kitchen and pantry
  • Clean guest bath
  • Change linens and towels

Add anything that makes sense for your home. Even if this is what you usually do, posting a reminder list can't hurt. I'm doing my best to remember that it's easier to spend 20 minutes taking care of things now than to spend two hours catching up later.

This is great! Of course, I think I'm procrastinating by reading it. Is that bad? It's a great reminder to KEEP all of my PC boxes from now through December since I have people calling and asking for boxes :). Everything is a good reminder to actually do what I mean to do each year. Start early. I'm pretty good with the gift portion (lists, early shopping, etc). However, the cards are usually more rushed than I'd like. But that's b/c I like to make them.

I have great respect for those who make their cards. I always enjoy receiving homemade cards. I have neither the time nor the patience to make the 60+ cards we send out each year.

raebates said:
I have great respect for those who make their cards. I always enjoy receiving homemade cards. I have neither the time nor the patience to make the 60+ cards we send out each year.

saturday & sunday i have cleared my schedule - including my cooking show that was moved to the following weekend - & i am going to make my 60+ christmas cards. to me, it is so soothing to sit down & make my own cards and put my little details into them. making christmas cards & wrapping gifts is one of my favorite parts of christmas.

That sounds wonderful, Meghan. I enjoy doing our Christmas newsletter and writing a quick personal line or two in each card. As for wrapping, I generally decide a particular theme each year. I often use plain white or brown craft paper, then do something special as a gift tag. I've done stamps, and I've done computer-generated tags. This year we found a bunch of old antique-looking gift tags in a box The Furry Guy brought home from an auction. I'll be using those. Of course, I just use cheap, bought-right-after-Christmas wrapping paper for my guys. The pretty stuff is just for real people. ;)

This countdown has been really good for me. I feel a responsibility to take my own advice. Here's how I'm doing so far:My public areas are ready for company. The pantry, cabinets, fridge, and freezer are cleaned and ready for holiday food. I'll get working on the spare bedroom next week. Christmas cards are addressed and waiting to be mailed. Those that will include a family newsletter will be stuffed just before sealing and mailing. The first of my Christmas crafts is done. I made Ribbon Card Holders for my parents and one set for our home. They're done, and I'm pleased with how they've turned out. I'll be starting work soon on a macrame scarf for our baby boy.My gift list is complete except for The Furry Guy's nieces. We should be getting wish lists from them soon. I have just a few things left to purchase. I bought my stocking candy on Monday. It's ready to go. Thanks so much for the encouragement I've received from so many of you. It's nice to know that this is helpful to others while it's helping me.

its helpful for me too rae!

this weekend i will have my christmas cards finished. i just have to get my puppy to hold still long enough with her reindeer ears on & they will be ready to go. 2,309,343 attempts later i still only have blurs of an energenic black lab on my camera.

my christmas list is complete - except for my dad who i always end up deciding what to get for him a few days before christmas.

i bought my wrapping paper from my bf's cousin who is a 1st grader. her school held a wrapping paper fundraiser & i am just waiting for that to show up at my door.

i am not holding any holiday activities at my house but i am having a graduation party on dec 5th so i have cleared out my cupboards and fridge & made my shopping list for that evening.

you are like my daily lightbulb reminding me of things i need to do! and between my full time job, my pc job & my full time school schedule, i need all the reminders i can get.

Today is November 6. There are only 49 days left until Christmas!Beware of Christmas magazines! Don't get me wrong. I love browsing through those glossy pages. However, you need to remember that they can lead to really unrealistic expectations.I picked up a couple of Christmas craft magazines in order to spur my imagination as I was trying to decide what to give my parents. Mostly they were filled with things I'd never have the time or energy to complete or things no one I know would ever want to receive. Those quick and easy meals featured in some magazines are neither quick nor easy. Frankly, if it has more than 10 steps, I don't consider it quick and easy. Remember, these people work on the stuff in those magazines for months before they go to print. Then, they're arranged, lighted, and photographed in the most amazing way possible. I'm not suggesting that you forgo the Christmas magazines. I love them. I'm just suggesting that you not compare yourself to what you see. Use them to gather ideas, but don't wear yourself out trying to compete with people who don't really exist. As The Furry Guy says, "My gardens could look like that, too, if I had six full-time gardeners and seasonal help as needed."

*giggle*Good point. I do highly recommend the Christmas Cookie magazines, though. As long as you skip the sections that have highly decorated confections that take longer to ice than they do to mix, shape and bake combined. Stick with the bar or drop cookies. And make them small. That way, people can enjoy a bite of several different kinds for the same calories as a single jumbo cookie.

kind of like the TLC show w/ Paige Davis, trading spaces.....I'm so completely sure that they did all of that just by themselves - WITH the help of probably 4-6 other people!! Oh, and Ann, I always like to make my cookies smaller too that way I don't feel so guilty when I have 3 or 4 "because they were just little bitty ones!@!!"

Today is November 7. There are only 48 days left until Christmas!Play to your strengths. You know yourself better than anyone else knows you. Are you happier doing all of a particular task (wrapping, baking, shopping, etc) on one day, or does that idea completely overwhelm you? Would you prefer to have people to your home over a three- or four-night period, or would you do better having a few days between to recover? Is your energy better in the morning, afternoon, or evening? There's no right or wrong answer. You are who you are. Just keep your personal preferences in mind when you're scheduling your holiday tasks.

Today is November 8. There are only 47 days left until Christmas!

When you're figuring your holiday budget, don't forget the tips. Tipping during the holidays has become an expectation in a lot of service areas. There are also jobs for which accepting a cash gift is either discouraged or verboten. There are all kinds of resources for holiday tip suggestions. Here's a good one:

http://www.emilypost.com/everyday/holiday_tipping.htm

Whoever and however much you tip, just be sure that you've figured that into your budget. You don't want to be caught short.

chefann said:
*giggle*

Good point. I do highly recommend the Christmas Cookie magazines, though. As long as you skip the sections that have highly decorated confections that take longer to ice than they do to mix, shape and bake combined. Stick with the bar or drop cookies. And make them small. That way, people can enjoy a bite of several different kinds for the same calories as a single jumbo cookie.

Good tip!! Of course, I didn't expect anything less from Ann :balloon:

Today is November 9. There are only 46 days left until Christmas!

Where will we go? This is a question that plagues many young couples and families.

Didn't we go to your family's last year?
We always have to go to your mother's!
I wish we could just stay home.

Now is the time to make those decisions. This will give you plenty of time to notify everyone involved. It will also give some families a chance to re-work how they'll celebrate the holidays.

When I was a kid, we always spent Christmas Eve with my mom's family. On Christmas Day, we'd have to take a nap in the afternoon because we went to Dad's family that evening. I hated it. I loved seeing the family, but I didn't like having to take a nap or having to leave my new stuff behind in order to go to a family get-together. Once our son was born, The Furry Guy and I made a decision. We were setting some priorities and establishing our own traditions:

1. We weren't going anywhere Christmas Day. Family was welcome to visit our home, but we were not going out.
  2. Church services were a priority. We were going to attend holiday services.
  3. If either of our families decided to hold gatherings that interfered with these priorities, we would send our regrets.

We made sure that everyone involved was aware of this decision. It worked well for us. Every situation is different. The important thing is to talk things over and come to a decision that works for you. Doing that now will help to make things go a little more smoothly over the next several weeks.

I'm with you Rae, once my DS was born we don't leave the house on Christmas Day. Some years we have more people then over then other years. We see my DH family on Christmas Eve and my family comes to my house on Christmas Day.

I love this thread, I just got around to looking at it. I am just starting to get into the Christmas crazyness. You have a lot of great ideas. Thanks for doing it.

I'm glad you like it and find it helpful, Michelle. In all fairness, most of my ideas are adapted from ones I've found elsewhere, so I can't really take full credit for them.

Today is November 10. There are only 45 days left until Christmas!Another thing to decide now--what will you do if someone unexpectedly gives you a gift? First, sincerely thank the person for the gift. Don't fumble with excuses, just thank them. Some feel it's imperative to give a gift in return. That's fine. You can keep a few small, generic gifts (like mugs filled with goodies) on hand for such occasions. You can also send a gift later. Some are fine just sending a nice thank you note. There is no wrong decision. It's just one of those things you might want to decide now instead of while someone is in the process of handing you something.Personally, I don't feel obligated to reciprocate with a gift. The Furry Guy and I decide fairly early to whom we will give gifts and stick with that list. Since I don't give a gift expecting one in return, I don't assume that I'm receiving them from people with that mindset. Then again, that's us. Like I said, there's no wrong decision.

raebates said:
Today is November 10. There are only 45 days left until Christmas!

Another thing to decide now--what will you do if someone unexpectedly gives you a gift? First, sincerely thank the person for the gift. Don't fumble with excuses, just thank them.

Some feel it's imperative to give a gift in return. That's fine. You can keep a few small, generic gifts (like mugs filled with goodies) on hand for such occasions. You can also send a gift later.

Or some prep bowls full of goodies with a pretty bow. Maybe they'll end up buying more :balloon: :p Always on the hunt to make another sale :D

Jolene, I often give things like that. The SA Small Square Bowls and the new Holiday Appetizer Plates work well, too. Just fill them, then wrap with cellophane.Update on my progress: I just finished the macrame scarf for my baby boy. :) Only one more craft to finish, and it's not really a craft. It will be for my buddies. I'm looking for snowflake ornaments. I'm going to put them on a card that says, "We're all a little flakey, but Jesus loves us anyway. (Luke 2:10 Then the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, for I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.")I hope to find the ornaments at a craft fair this weekend. If not, I'll be heading to Hobby Lobby.

Last edited:
raebates said:
Jolene, I often give things like that. The SA Small Square Bowls and the new Holiday Appetizer Plates work well, too. Just fill them, then wrap with cellophane.

Update on my progress: I just finished the macrame scarf for my baby boy. :) Only one more craft to finish, and it's not really a craft. It will be for my buddies. I'm looking for snowflake ornaments. I'm going to put them on a card that says, "We're all a little flakey, but Jesus loves us anyway. (Luke 2:10 Then the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, for I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people."

I hope to find the ornaments at a craft fair this weekend. If not, I'll be heading to Hobby Lobby.

i think i got snowflake ornaments at target last year. they came in packages of 3. or maybe 5? i dont remember. but they were pretty & sparkly. & then my dog ate them off of the tree.

Oops. Well, at least his poo was sparkly and festive for a while. I didn't see any at the nearest Target the last time I was there, but I'll keep that in mind. I'll be near a different Target soon.

The craft fairs in my area are the first week of December. I can't wait!

raebates said:
Oops. Well, at least his poo was sparkly and festive for a while.

I didn't see any at the nearest Target the last time I was there, but I'll keep that in mind. I'll be near a different Target soon.

her poo always has something interesting in it. although shes gotten better as shes gotten older.

i havent been to target in a couple of weeks but now that halloween is over, they will start overhauling the christmas goodies in. i know that they have had this pack of ornaments for the past few years...

good luck :D

Today is November 11. There are only 44 days left until Christmas!How's your etiquette? RSVP: This means that you need to contact the host and let them know whether or not you'll be there. Regrets Only means they will assume you'll be there unless you let them know otherwise. If someone hasn't RSVPd by the cut-off date, it's perfectly okay to give them a call to get their response. If you've forgotten to RSVP, apologize profusely and offer to bring something.

Introductions:
The proper way to introduce two people is "[Older or more important person's name] I'd like to introduce [other person's name]. [Other person's name], this is [older or more important person's name]." If they're of equal social stature and approximately the same age, use the name of the person you know best as the second name.If you encounter someone you're certain you've met but can't remember their name, be honest. We've all been there. It's better than pretending.The Awkward Comment: If someone makes an overly personal or even hurtful comment, change the subject. Do it subtly, if possible. Do it overtly, if necessary. Try not to let your shock or hurt feelings show. The Dying Conversation: Remember, you're more likely to embarrass yourself by talking too much than by talking too little. Asking questions is usually a good way to get the conversation rolling again. How do you know the host? Have you seen any good holiday productions/movies? Talk about the food is always acceptable.

Today is November 12. There are only 43 days left until Christmas!What will you do with the cards you receive? We've done several things through the years. We've put them in a basket and chosen a couple each day, praying for the people whose cards we've chosen. We've displayed them in various ways. When the holidays are over, we seal them in a zippered bag with the year on the outside. The Furry Guy's aunt has used the fronts of received cards to make various craft projects through the years.What will you do with those that arrive in your mailbox this year? If you decide now, you'll have a plan in place before the first one arrives.

Today is November 13. There are only 42 days left until Christmas!As excited as we can get over the holidays, it's not unusual to experience a sense of loneliness or loss as well. I subscribe to Girlfriends in God, a daily devotional from crosswalkmail.com. They have some great suggestions. While they are specifically targeted to Christians, the basic ideas will work even if you aren't a believer.
  • Make time each day to be alone with God.
  • Pour out your dreams and desperation to Him.
  • Read Psalm 23 once a day.
  • Invest at least 15 minutes in solitude each day, allowing your soul to "catch up."
  • Make a list of the top five joy thieves in your life and make a plan to eliminate them.
  • Prayerfully choose five verses of Scripture about peace. Write these verses on a 3X5 card and carry it with you through the holidays, referring to it while you wait in line, while you are stuck in traffic, at every meal, etc. Consider doing the same as a family project.
  • After the holidays are over, evaluate the difference this preparation made in your holiday celebration.
Make your plans and get into the habit now so that when the holiday blues hit you'll already have coping strategies in place.

<h2>1. What is the significance of the 82-day countdown to Christmas?</h2><p>The 82-day countdown to Christmas is a fun way to track the days leading up to the holiday and get into the festive spirit. It also serves as a reminder to start planning and organizing for Christmas celebrations.</p><h2>2. How can I stay organized during the holiday season?</h2><p>One tip is to create a designated area for Christmas-related items, such as a closet or storage bin, to keep everything in one place. Another helpful idea is to make a list and schedule for gift shopping, decorating, and other tasks to stay on top of everything.</p><h2>3. What are some creative gift ideas for Christmas?</h2><p>Some unique gift ideas include homemade gifts like baked goods or crafts, experiences like cooking classes or concert tickets, and personalized gifts like photo albums or custom-made items.</p><h2>4. How can I save money on Christmas shopping?</h2><p>Start early and take advantage of sales and discounts throughout the year. Consider making homemade gifts or setting a budget for each person. You can also opt for a Secret Santa or White Elephant gift exchange to save on buying gifts for everyone.</p><h2>5. What should I do with leftover Halloween candy for Christmas?</h2><p>One idea is to use the candy as stocking stuffers, as long as it is still sealed in its original packaging. You can also freeze chocolate candy to use for baking or make festive treats like candy cane bark or chocolate-covered pretzels. Alternatively, donate extra candy to a local shelter or charity. </p>

1. What is the significance of the 82-day countdown to Christmas?

The 82-day countdown to Christmas is a fun way to track the days leading up to the holiday and get into the festive spirit. It also serves as a reminder to start planning and organizing for Christmas celebrations.

2. How can I stay organized during the holiday season?

One tip is to create a designated area for Christmas-related items, such as a closet or storage bin, to keep everything in one place. Another helpful idea is to make a list and schedule for gift shopping, decorating, and other tasks to stay on top of everything.

3. What are some creative gift ideas for Christmas?

Some unique gift ideas include homemade gifts like baked goods or crafts, experiences like cooking classes or concert tickets, and personalized gifts like photo albums or custom-made items.

4. How can I save money on Christmas shopping?

Start early and take advantage of sales and discounts throughout the year. Consider making homemade gifts or setting a budget for each person. You can also opt for a Secret Santa or White Elephant gift exchange to save on buying gifts for everyone.

5. What should I do with leftover Halloween candy for Christmas?

One idea is to use the candy as stocking stuffers, as long as it is still sealed in its original packaging. You can also freeze chocolate candy to use for baking or make festive treats like candy cane bark or chocolate-covered pretzels. Alternatively, donate extra candy to a local shelter or charity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • raebates
  • General Chat