• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas Cookie Rules: A Guide to Guilt-Free Indulgence

whatever. Just eat something. You might as well since you're not going to be able to eat anything else.2. CAKE If it's a cake, eat a piece. If it's a piece of cake, eat two pieces. And if it's a really good cake, eat three pieces. And if you can't decide if it's a good cake or a three-piece cake, eat four pieces. And if you can't decide if it's a good cake or a four-piece cake, eat five pieces. And if you can't decide if it's a good cake or a five-piece cake, eat six pieces. And if you can't decide if it's a good cake or a
raebates
Staff member
Since we're less than a week away from Christmas it's likely that we'll all be indulging in a few extra cookies over the next several days. Most of us are doing our best to eat healthy and watch our calorie intake, so I thought I'd share these rules. They were sent to me by a trusted friend. :p

1. If you eat a Christmas cookie fresh out of the oven, it has no calories because everyone knows that the first cookie is the test and thus calorie free.

2. If you drink a diet soda after eating your second cookie, it also has no calories because the diet soda cancels out the cookie calories. (This is commonly known as girl math.)

3. If a friend comes over while you're making your Christmas cookies and needs to sample, you must sample with your friend. Because your friend's first cookie is calories free, (rule #1) yours is also. It would be rude to let your friend sample alone and, being the friend that you are, that makes your cookie calorie free.

4. Any cookie calories consumed while walking around will fall to your feet and eventually fall off as you move. This is due to gravity and the density of the caloric mass.

5. Any calories consumed during the frosting of the Christmas cookies will be used up because it takes many calories to lick excess frosting from a knife without cutting your tongue.

6. Cookies colored red or green have very few calories. Red ones have three and green ones have five - one calorie for each letter. Make more red ones!

7. Cookies eaten while watching "Miracle on 34th Street" have no calories because they are part of the entertainment package and not part of one's personal fuel.

8. As always, cookie pieces contain no calories because the process of breaking causes calorie leakage.

9. Any cookies consumed from someone else's plate have no calories since the calories rightfully belong to the other person and will cling to their plate. We all know how calories like to CLING!

10. Any cookies consumed while feeling stressed have no calories because cookies used for medicinal purposes NEVER have calories. It's a rule!

So, go out and enjoy those Christmas Cookies - we only get them this time of year!

Another friend just sent me the following tips for holiday eating. It's clear that my friends truly understand me.

10 Tips for Holiday Eating

10. CARROT STICKS

Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave immediately. Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.

9. EGGNOG

Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. It's rare ... you cannot find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into an eggnogoholic or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have two. It's later than you think. It's Christmas!

8. GRAVY

If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.

7. MASHED POTATOES

As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car with an automatic transmission.

6. PRE-EATING

Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your eating. The whole point of going to a Christmas party is to eat other people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?

5. EXERCISE

Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year's. You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do. This is the time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while carrying a ten-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.

4. SANTA COOKIES

If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the center of attention. They're like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave them behind, you're never going to see them again.

3. PIES

Same for pies. Apple, pumpkin, mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or if you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?

2. FRUITCAKE

Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some standards.

1. MOTTO

One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention. Re-read tips; start over, but hurry, January is just around the corner. Remember this motto to live by:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOOHOO! What a ride!"

Love them both, but especially the 2nd one!

Just had a cup of Eggnog, as I was making an Apple Slab Pie in the Bar Pan to take to our Christmas Reunion. :)

Oh, and a drizzle of the gingerbread syrup was delicious in the Eggnog too! :chef:

Well, that's it.Now I have to sell my car with the automagic transmixer.:(

And for the cookies- Everyone knows cookie dough eaten before it's baked does not have any calories- since it's not been cooked yet! :) *this applies to cake and cupcakes too!*I'm printing these off and taking them to my WeightWatchers meeting this week. My leader will probably flog me, but she's got a great sense of humor. :D

Many of my friends tease me because, while I enjoy sharing things like this, I rarely eat in ways I shouldn't.

FAQs about "Christmas Cookie Rules"

1. What are some common Christmas cookie ingredients?

Some common Christmas cookie ingredients include flour, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and seasonal spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.

2. Can I use margarine instead of butter in my Christmas cookies?

Yes, you can substitute margarine for butter in your Christmas cookies, but keep in mind that the texture and flavor may be slightly different.

3. How do I prevent my cookies from spreading too much?

To prevent cookies from spreading, make sure your baking sheet is completely cool before placing dough on it, chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before baking, and avoid overmixing the dough.

4. Can I freeze my Christmas cookies?

Yes, you can freeze Christmas cookies. Make sure they are completely cooled before placing them in an airtight container or freezer bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.

5. What is the best way to decorate Christmas cookies?

The best way to decorate Christmas cookies is by using royal icing, which hardens when it dries and allows for intricate designs. You can also use sprinkles, colored sugar, and other decorative toppings to add a festive touch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefshawna
  • mommyhugz1978
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
JKeast
  • akrebecca