• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Test Your Christmas Carol Knowledge with this Fun Quiz | Holiday Entertainment

Nearby ___________________12. Celestial Messenger ______________________________13. A Community of Loyal Harmonists ______________14. ...On Earth as It Is in Heaven___15. ...May You Enjoy a Merry Christmas ________16. ...A Holy Night Dedicated to the Gentle Ones___17. ...The Most Joyous Season of the Year ________18. ...Come Ye Faithful ____________19. ...Peace on Earth, Goodwill to Men___20. ...A Happy New Year to All __________21. ...Bless the Lord, My Soul ____________22. ...Christmastime Is Here Again
raebates
Staff member
Getting a little bored and restless as Christmas approaches? Looking for a fun way to entertain yourself or others? Try to figure out the Christmas songs by the clues below.

1. Vehicular Homicide was committed on Dad's mom by precipitous Darling
  2. Wanted in December: top forward incisors
  3. The apartment of two psychiatrists
  4. The lad is a diminutive percussionist
  5. Sir Lancelot with Laryngitis
  6. Cup-shaped instruments fashioned of a white metallic element
  7. Exclamation, small Israeli urban center
  8. Far off in a hay bin
  9. Kong, Lear and Coal -- that's us
  10. Duodecimal enumeration of the passages of the Yuletide season
  11. As the guardian of the wool animals protected their charges in dark
  12. I behold a trio of nautical vessels moving in this direction
  13. Jubilation to the entire terrestrial globe
  14. Do you perceive the same vibrations that stimulate my auditory sense organ?
  15. Parent was observed osculating red-coated unshaved teamster
  16. May the deity bestow an absence of fatigue to mild male humans
  17. An event that arrived on a cloudless witching hour
  18. Move hitherward to the entire assembly of those who are loyal in beliefs
  19. Listen, the celestial messenger produced harmonious sounds
  20. Embellish the interior passageways
  21. The Christmas preceding all others
  22. Tranquility upon the terrestrial sphere
  23. Obese personification fabricated of compressed mounds of minute crystals
  24. Expectation of arrival to populated area, by mythical, male gift-giver
  25. Leave and broadcast from an elevation
  26. Our fervent hope is that you thoroughly enjoy your yuletide season

I'll post the answers . . . eventually. :p

That reads like a military band inventory of Christmas carols.

1. Grandma got run over by a reindeer
2. All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth
3. The apartment of two psychiatrists????
4. Little Drummer Boy
5. Silent Night
6. Silver Bells
7. O little town of Bethlemhem
8. Away in a Manger
9. We Three Kings of Orient
10. 12 Days of Christmas
11. As the guardian of the wool animals protected their charges in dark?
12. I saw 3 ships
13. Joy to the world
14. Do you hear what I hear?
15. I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus
16. May the deity bestow an absence of fatigue to mild male humans??
17. It came upon the midnight clear
18. O come all ye faithful
19. Hark the herald angel sings
20. Deck the Halls
21. The 1st Noel
22. Let there be Peace on earth
23. Frosty the snowman
24. Santa Claus is coming to town
25. Leave and broadcast from an elevation???
26. We wish you a Merry Christmas

I got almost all of them. Some I couldn't figure out. That was fun!

As Shepherds Watched Their Flocks By Night.God rest ye, merry gentlemen.Go tell it on the mountain.

This was posted by Chefann over in the joke thread - it seems appropriate here for some reason.Just got this from a friend.The First Christmas Joke of the Season!Three men died on Christmas Eve and were met by Saint Peter at the pearly gates."In honor of this holy season" Saint Peter said,"You must each possess something that symbolizes Christmas to get into heaven."The first man fumbled through his pockets and pulled out a lighter. He flicked it on. "It represents a candle", he said."You may pass through the pearly gates" Saint Peter said. The second man reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys. He shook them and said, "They're bells."Saint Peter said "You may pass through the pearly gates".The third man started searching desperately through his pockets and finally pulled out a pair of women's panties.St. Peter looked at the man with a raised eyebrow and asked, "And just what do those symbolize?"The man replied, "These are Carol's."

The apartment of two psychiatrists????This one took me a while, too. Give it a little more thought.

I got it, I got it, I got it!And I'm not telling! :pHint: Roll over, Beethoven!

Here is another version. # Quadruped with crimson proboscis_______________
# 5 p.m. to 6 a.m. without noise___________________
# Miniscule hamlet in the far east __________________
# Ancient benevolent despot ______________________
# Adorn the vestibule ___________________________
# Exuberance directed to the planet ________________
# Listen, aerial spirits harmonizin _________________
# Monarchial trio _______________________________
# Yonder in the haystack _________________________
# Assemble, everyone who believes _________________
# Hallowed post meridian _________________________
# Fantasies of a colorless December 25th _____________
# Tin tintinnabulums ____________________________
# A dozen 24-hour yule periods ____________________
# Befell during the transparent bewitching hour ______
# Homo sapien of crystallized vapor ________________
# I merely desire a pair of incisors __________________
# I spied my maternal parent osculating a fat man in red__
# Perambulating through a December solstice fantasy ____
# Aloft on the acme of the abode _____________________ Results: 15 – 20 Correct — You don’t need any Yuletide spirit! 10 – 14 Correct — You could use something in your stocking! 5 – 9 Correct — Are you sure you have the right holiday? 1 – 4 Correct — Surely you jest!?!

Some of the same songs with different wording.1. Bleached Yule _________________________________2. Castaneous-colored Seed Vesicated in a conflagration ____3. Singular Yearning for the Twin Anterior Incisors ________4. Righteous Darkness _________________________________5. Arrival Time:2400 hrs - Weather:Cloudless _____________6. Loyal Followers Advance ____________________________7. Far Off in a Feeder _________________________________8. Array the Corridor_________________________________9. Bantam Male Percussionist __________________________10. Monarchial Triad _________________________________11. Nocturnal Noiselessness ____________________________12. Jehovah Deactivate Blithe Chevaliers _________________13. Red Man En Route to Borough ______________________14. Frozen Precipitation Commence _____________________15. Proceed and Enlighten on the Pinnacle _______________16. The Quadruped with the Vermilion Proboscis _________17. Query Regarding Identity of Descendant _____________18. Delight for this Planet _____________________________19. Give Attention to the Melodious Celestial Beings _______20. The Dozen Festive 24 Hour Intervals _________________ For additional Christmas and Holiday Humor visit HumorMatters Home Page Results: 15 – 20 Correct — You don’t need any Yuletide spirit! 10 – 14 Correct — You could use something in your stocking! 5 – 9 Correct — Are you sure you have the right holiday? 1 – 4 Correct — Surely you jest!?!

I think someone was googling carol quizes.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I got it, I got it, I got it!

And I'm not telling! :p

Hint: Roll over, Beethoven!

Sounds like you got it, KG

As for the other quizzes, I got all of them. However, I do these all the time, so I'm pretty familiar with the various incarnations.

raebates said:
The apartment of two psychiatrists????

This one took me a while, too. Give it a little more thought.

Please tell me. The only thing I come up with is...Up on the Housetop.

Clue, too.
[singing]
Roll over Beethoven,
Roll over Beethoven,
Roll over Beethoven
And tell Tchaikovsky the news!"
[/singing]

I have wasted too much time thinking about that one. And I'll probably have a smack-the-forehead moment when the answer's posted.

[singing]
Roll over Beethoven,
Roll over Beethoven...
[/singing]Well, it isn't exactly a Christmas carol but it is considered music of the season.[singing]
Roll over Beethoven
[/singing]

Actually, many of the items on the list aren't strictly carols. Carols are religious songs.And your hint helps me not. Not one bit.

This is just nutty!!! (I wouldn't know except that I cheated & looked it up!!) My comment above is a hint if I looked at the right answers!!

chefann said:
Actually, many of the items on the list aren't strictly carols. Carols are religious songs.

And your hint helps me not. Not one bit.
[singing]
Roll over Beethoven,
Roll over Beethoven...
[/singing]

Weren't you the music major?

[singing]
Roll over Beethoven
[/singing]

OK- fine. I was looking for Christmas songs by Chuck Berry. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Where is Herr Drosselmeyer when you need him?

<giggle>
There's a cool version of the 12 Days of Christmas called "A Musicological Journey Through the 12 Days of Christmas" that uses that piece as the tune for 9 Ladies Dancing.The verses are all cool, though. 7 swans is based on The Swan by Saint-Saens; 8 maids is Ride of the Valkyrie; 12 drummers is a Sousa march. And they're all in chronological order. :D (It's a music geek thing.)

I'd love to hear that one because, like my father before me, I just HATE the 12 Days of Christmas. Maybe I'm just sick of it after being subjected to all the creative variations of it for so many years. YUK!So, I love the parodies. My favorites have been by Allen Sherman, the Muppets, and one that I can't identify the group that made it but I love it anyway. All through the performance, a delivery guy shows up at the door, at the appropriate time, with the named gift for one of the chorus members.By the end of the song, the studio is full of cackling hens, squawking fowl, tap dancing sound effects, drummers drumming, milk squirting into pails with mooing cows and a conductor on the edge of insanity.Best line: The delivery man comes in with the three French hens and says, "Da plot thickens with a shipment of chickens!"

There's a recording of it by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I've got it, because my choir sang it with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra. I also posted the lyrics to a great 12 Days version in the humor thread.

That may be the one - and I saw your parody in the joke thread.Some friends of mine are in a show choir here. Last may, they did a rendition of the William Tell Overture. A vocal group? Yup - "Buda bum buda bum buda bump bump bump!" I don't know how they got through it without losing it.

I wonder if this would be too hard for a game for a show.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That may be the one - and I saw your parody in the joke thread.

Some friends of mine are in a show choir here. Last may, they did a rendition of the William Tell Overture. A vocal group? Yup - "Buda bum buda bum buda bump bump bump!" I don't know how they got through it without losing it.
My choir did a version of the Marriage of Figaro overture and one of Bach's fugues like that. They were fun. :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Clue, too.
[singing]
Roll over Beethoven,
Roll over Beethoven,
Roll over Beethoven
[/singing]

That does not help me at all. Will you please tell me the answer? Pleeeeaaaassseee?:cry:

I found it!! DUH!! I didn't know it was considered a Christmas Carol. I would have never figured it out. I cheated!

Dang it, KG - I can't find the CD with the musicological version of 12 Days. It's lost somewhere in this black hole that is my house. :)EDITED TO ADD: I found it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000008NID/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Last edited:
stacywhitlow said:
That does not help me at all. Will you please tell me the answer? Pleeeeaaaassseee?:cry:

PLEASE HELP ME - I can't figure it out

:D PLEASE:D

stacywhitlow said:

~

Here's another hint:
the 9 dancers dancing from the 12 Days of Christmas would like it
the apartment isn't really an apartment, it's an office

Hint Four:It's a smaller set of a much larger work.(The third hint was Herr Drosselmeyer.)

Well, rats! You're just the king of hints, KG.<giggle>

I think you're Clara voyant.At least you didn't call me a cracker.

Or a fairy.

I was just thinking about Sugar Plums, too.

With coffee, or tea?

Coffee is good, pennywhistles are nice, but I'm a trepak kinda guy.(Oh, how I wish I could dance like that!)Actually, coffee is haunting.

whiteyteresa said:

~

Sure you want to know?

Nutcracker Suite

I know they're not all carols, but that's the title I was given for the quiz. It took me a long time to figure out The Nutcracker Suite. It's one of those weird things that popped into my head a day or two later. (I hate checking the answers before I have an answer for each one.)

The "2" in the clue for that one threw me off. Well, that and I don't tend to refer to the shortened collection of music (the suite) from the whole work.

What threw me was the word "apartment." I think of a suite as either an office or a hotel room. I was literally sitting at lunch one day when the answer popped into my head. I'm such a dork.

chefann said:
The "2" in the clue for that one threw me off. Well, that and I don't tend to refer to the shortened collection of music (the suite) from the whole work.
"One" would have been sufficient. I kept thinking of things with "shrink" and "head shrinker" until the "nut" popped into my head. I'm not sure how I would have obfuscated the name, but then, I never would have put The Nutcracker in a list of Christmas Carols.

I also suspect that many people cannot differentiate the The Nutcracker Suite from The Nutcracker. Ironically, Tchaikovsky didn't really like it very much and yet, it is his most endearing work. Of all the wonderful music he wrote (I love his 6th Symphony, known as the Pathatique and the waltz from Swan Lake is one of my favorites) I suspect certain tunes from The Nutcracker are whistled by many unknowing people this time of year.

Rae, I had the same problem with apartment. Hotel Room would have suggested "suite," as would office.KG- there is no way in heck I would have gotten nutcracker from psychiatrist. I kept getting hung up on shrink, doc, paradox (for 2 of them). I may have thought "nut" for a brief moment, but didn't make the connection.

Well, remember, I left the factory with a slight defect in my wiring harness.

This is true. But that's part of what makes you, you. And why we love you.
:love:Awww.... hugs for everybody!

What is the purpose of this quiz?

The purpose of this quiz is to test your knowledge of popular Christmas carols by providing clues and challenging you to guess the correct song title.

How many questions are in this quiz?

There are a total of 22 questions in this quiz.

Do I need any prior knowledge of Christmas carols to take this quiz?

No, you do not need any prior knowledge of Christmas carols to take this quiz. The clues provided should be enough to help you figure out the song titles.

Can I use any resources while taking this quiz?

Yes, you are free to use any resources such as the internet or other reference materials to help you figure out the song titles.

Is there a time limit for this quiz?

No, there is no time limit for this quiz. Take your time and have fun with it!

Back