• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revive Your Food Chopper Blades with These Easy Sharpening Tips

In summary, there is no way to sharpen the Food Chopper blades if they are not cutting well anymore. The customer is cutting onions or pepper and using a skin facing up and not down for the chopper to perform better. Chopping ice will not help and may ruin the blades. The sister of the consultant who has been a consultant for almost 12 years tells me that as recently as 5 years ago there was a sharpener available for consultants only (it was listed in the area of P2 in the paperwork supply order area). This is no longer available, and she guards hers with her life.
bbenton4
Is there a way to sharpen the Food Chopper blades if they are not cutting well anymore?

no there is not.Is this your chopper or a customers? Ask your customer what kind of cutting board she's using--it could be dulling her blades.

I heard that chopping on aluminum foil will bring back the sharpness...fact or fiction?

I thought I had heard of a sharpener that was available to consultants that would sharpen the chopper.....I'll have to ask my sister about that, I might be mistaken. Can any 10+ year consultants help me on this?

Mine have only cut on our boards and aren't that sharp, either.

EpTxGuy said:
I thought I had heard of a sharpener that was available to consultants that would sharpen the chopper.....I'll have to ask my sister about that, I might be mistaken. Can any 10+ year consultants help me on this?

I've been a consultant for almost 12 years now and there has never been a sharpener for the chopper since I've been with the company.

Is the customer cutting onions or pepper by any chance? Skin should be facing up and not down for the chopper to perform better. I've have an older version that is still quite sharp as is the new one I got with my kit.

pkd09 said:
I heard that chopping on aluminum foil will bring back the sharpness...fact or fiction?

I heard that too - wonder if it is true though....

Whatever you do, do NOT chop ice. I had heard that from my HospDirector and it does NOT work. It ruined the blades (bent them up). :D

My sister tells me that as recently as approx. 5 years ago, there was a sharpener available for consultants only (it was listed in the area of P2 in the paperwork supply order area). This is no longer available, and she guards hers with her life. I just know that I've never had a problem with my chopper, maybe the redesigned ones have improved blades (at least thru the 5 year guarantee) Sis tells me that once word got out that she had a sharpener for the chopper, she'd have 5 or 6 people at each show wanted to get their chopper sharpened (whether it needed it or not). I guess that didn't look good for anyone who was thinking of buying one, seeing everyone needing their old one sharpened!

1. Why are my chopper blades not sharp?

There are a few possible reasons for this. First, it could be due to normal wear and tear over time. The blades may need to be sharpened or replaced. Another reason could be that the blades were not properly cleaned and have residue or buildup on them, causing them to become dull. Lastly, if the chopper has been dropped or mishandled, it could have damaged the blades, making them less effective.

2. How often should I sharpen or replace the chopper blades?

This will depend on how frequently you use the chopper and the types of foods you are chopping. As a general rule, if you notice the blades are not cutting as well as they used to, it is time to sharpen or replace them. This could be every few months for heavy use or every year for occasional use.

3. Can I sharpen the chopper blades myself?

Yes, you can sharpen the blades yourself. We recommend using a sharpening stone or a handheld knife sharpener. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully and use caution when handling sharp objects. If you do not feel comfortable sharpening the blades yourself, you can also take them to a professional knife sharpening service.

4. How do I clean the chopper blades?

The best way to clean the blades is to disassemble the chopper and wash the blades in warm soapy water. Be sure to use a soft sponge or cloth to avoid scratching the blades. You can also use a small brush to remove any food particles that may be stuck in between the blades. Rinse thoroughly and dry before reassembling.

5. Can I purchase replacement blades for my chopper?

Yes, replacement blades are available for most Pampered Chef choppers. You can purchase them directly from us or from a consultant. Be sure to specify the model of your chopper to ensure you get the correct replacement blades.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithjennifer@gmail
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cookingwithjennifer@gmail
  • MrsCaleb
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • gailz2