• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Valentine Show: Easy & Delicious Dessert and Snack Ideas

Other ideas could be the Tuxedo Brownies or PB Cup Trifle. For a non-chocolate option, try making the meatloaf from the front of the Season's Best cookbook into a heart shape for Valentine's Day. You can also use Rolo candies for the nutty caramel brownies and they can be unwrapped before the show to save time. For an easy appetizer, consider doing a fondue or the cool and creamy chocolate fondue. Overall, there are many options for a chocolate/Valentine's themed show and the PB Cup Trifle is a popular and impressive choice.
tracyt
I have a show coming up in February right before Valentine's Day. The hostess is interested in doing a "chocolate" show. I'm in my first trimester and have not being feeling well. I need something that will be easy but still WOW everyone. I've thought of the Tuxedo Brownies. Any other thoughts? Also, would there be an easy appetizer/snack that could be made to go along with the chocolate/Valentine's theme? Just unsure of how sales would be with just doing a dessert show. Ideas anyone?

TIA,
Tracy

Chocolate always goes over well. I love the warm nutty caramel brownies. If you have the tort pan, the pb tort is fun & easy. It was in a previous seasons best. Also like the double chocolate cinnamon dip--seasons best couple winters ago--you will need our cinnamon sprinkles for it.

I've been using the nutty carmel brownies - (because I have a goal and a need to focus on stoneware) - I have replaced the peanuts with pretzels - to help make it more affordable for hostess - and everyone LOVES them. Sometimes I'll have a few walnuts or other nut just a chopper bottom full - just to show that chopping action one more time...and I use mini choc chips so I don't need to chop them.

Another valentine idea -- NOT chocolate - is to use the meatloaf on front of cover of SB and make it into a heart shape (I use a non PC mold) - I put it in the 9x13 stoneware and bake. Really nice.

i second the nutty caramel brownies - easy and SO decadent

PB Cup Trifle is by far my favorite chocolate recipe. It's insanely easy and oh, so impressive! As for an appetizer, you could do fondue or the cool & creamy chocolate fondue.

As for the nutty brownines... do you actually sit there and unwrap that many chocolate caramels? and what exactly are chocolate caramels? Any substitutions? TIA

jnsr96 said:
As for the nutty brownines... do you actually sit there and unwrap that many chocolate caramels? and what exactly are chocolate caramels? Any substitutions? TIA

The chocolate caramels that I used were Rolos. The hostess and I unwrapped them before the show and placed them into prep bowls.

HTH,
Tracy

janezapchef said:
PB Cup Trifle is by far my favorite chocolate recipe. It's insanely easy and oh, so impressive! As for an appetizer, you could do fondue or the cool & creamy chocolate fondue.

I've seen the PC Cup Torte before, but have never heard of the trifle. Could you post the recipe?

Thanks,
Tracy

You can buy rolos in the individual roll and they are already unwrapped. This is what I use when I do the brownies. And yes they are my favorite and I also make a trifle with the brownies.

Awesome Recipe from JanetUpNorth:

Peanut Butter Cup Trifle

• 1 family size box brownie mix (dark chocolate or fudge) plus ingredients to make cake like brownies
  • 2 small boxes instant pudding mix (chocolate, fudge or even vanilla)
  • 3 cups milk
  • 1 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 16 oz. Cool Whip
  • 8 peanut butter cups

Make brownies according to box instructions for cakelike brownies; cool.

Melt peanut butter in Micro Cooker, stir in dry pudding mix and milk (I use 3 cups milk rather than 4 for a thicker result).

In Trifle Bowl, layer 1/2 brownies, 1/2 of the pudding mixture, then 1/2 of the Cool Whip - repeat. Chop up peanut butter cups and place on top. Enjoy!

Some notes:
I use dark chocolate brownies and chocolate fudge pudding. Surprisingly with the cool whip and peanut butter it keeps all that chocolate from being rich.

For demos, the peanut butter gives a good demo of the measure-all cup and micro cooker.

You'll notice that when you add the pudding then the cold milk, as your stirring, it will get chunky...that is just the cold milk cooling the peanut butter. It makes it like a peanut butter cup inside...

You can also decorate the top with the EAD if you want to take the time, but chopped up peanut butter cups make it look great.​

LeslieSGI said:
Awesome Recipe from JanetUpNorth:

Peanut Butter Cup Trifle

• 1 family size box brownie mix (dark chocolate or fudge) plus ingredients to make cake like brownies
  • 2 small boxes instant pudding mix (chocolate, fudge or even vanilla)
  • 3 cups milk
  • 1 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 16 oz. Cool Whip
  • 8 peanut butter cups

Make brownies according to box instructions for cakelike brownies; cool.

Melt peanut butter in Micro Cooker, stir in dry pudding mix and milk (I use 3 cups milk rather than 4 for a thicker result).

In Trifle Bowl, layer 1/2 brownies, 1/2 of the pudding mixture, then 1/2 of the Cool Whip - repeat. Chop up peanut butter cups and place on top. Enjoy!

Some notes:
I use dark chocolate brownies and chocolate fudge pudding. Surprisingly with the cool whip and peanut butter it keeps all that chocolate from being rich.

For demos, the peanut butter gives a good demo of the measure-all cup and micro cooker.

You'll notice that when you add the pudding then the cold milk, as your stirring, it will get chunky...that is just the cold milk cooling the peanut butter. It makes it like a peanut butter cup inside...

You can also decorate the top with the EAD if you want to take the time, but chopped up peanut butter cups make it look great.​

That's the one I use! The best!

WOW, the pb trifle sounds fabulous. Good ideas for February!
Gina :sing:

Tip on the Rolos...if you don't want to unwrap them all, you can also buy the individual packs where the single candy-bars are sold at the checkouts. I forget how many are in a roll, but you can usually tell by feeling them and then buy the right number of packs you need. THen you just have to open the pack- instead of each individual pack. Cost-wise, I don't recall if it's much different. Candy isn't usually cheap anyway. :)

esavvymom said:
Tip on the Rolos...if you don't want to unwrap them all, you can also buy the individual packs where the single candy-bars are sold at the checkouts. I forget how many are in a roll, but you can usually tell by feeling them and then buy the right number of packs you need. THen you just have to open the pack- instead of each individual pack. Cost-wise, I don't recall if it's much different. Candy isn't usually cheap anyway. :)

I've got the mega box of rolos one time at Sams Club. It has about 10 or so rolls of rolos in it. I was enough for a while. Plus its always cheaper to buy bulk.
I have made this recipe many times, even though i do not like caramel. :eek: But the customers loved it :cool:

Has anyone ever substituted anything for the rolos?

I've heard some substitute caramel filled Hershey Kisses.

Some of you that have been around for a few years may remember making the homemade chocolate dishes! Time consuming but so nice. Might now want to do with a huge crowd either.

I would have to get the specific directions, but you melt chocolate to a certain temperature. Place parchment paper on top of the sheet pan ans swirl melted chocolate into a 2 to 3 inch circle. Then take an inflated balloon (one that is round and blown up to be about 4 or 5 inches wide). and dip it halfway into the chocolate (this is why it can not be too hot, or the balloon will pop.) Then I think you put them in the refrigerator till the chocolate hardens. Take them out, pop the balloon and remove all balloon pieces. Take the vegetable peeler and run it along the top of the chocolate to even out the top of the chocolate cup. Fill with candy or make an ice cream sundae! If you are interested in more specifics, let me know and I can get more info for anyone.:chef:

For an impressive easy dessert, I love the Double Chocolate Mousse Cups. (S/S SB from '09)

Those are so so good.

I'm in the minority, but I don't care for the Nutty Caramel Brownies. :yuck:

I love Janet's PB Cup Trifle...I've been trying to figure out how it would look for a party to do individual ones. It seems that all the rage in restaurants right now are the mini desserts - like shot glass size ones. I know that Applebees does that, and so does Logans...and a local chain, Arnies, also does mini desserts. I thought it would be fun to do this for a party....just need to figure out the logistics.

ChefBeckyD said:
I love Janet's PB Cup Trifle...I've been trying to figure out how it would look for a party to do individual ones. It seems that all the rage in restaurants right now are the mini desserts - like shot glass size ones. I know that Applebees does that, and so does Logans...and a local chain, Arnies, also does mini desserts. I thought it would be fun to do this for a party....just need to figure out the logistics.

Could you do mini ones in plastic punch cups? Then they could see the layers. It wouldn't showcase the trifle, but it would look great!

Tracy, An idea I was told about and plan to do in February at my dessert show is to make the 30 minute chicken in the baker as a thank you gift for the host. You start the show with a quick review of the baker, explain that you like to treat your hosts to a meal, and the chicken will be for the host to have for lunch or dinner the next day since you're doing desserts that night. Then you pop it in the micro for 30 minutes while you continue with the rest of the dessert show. At the end of the 30 minutes and/or the end of the dessert demo, take out the chicken, plate it, and tell your host thank you for a wonderful time in her home. The baker is still shown, but it's not the focal point, so you have the opportunity to show off two big sellers- the trifle if you do the PB Cup, and the baker. Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy, by the way. :)

jnsr96 said:
Has anyone ever substituted anything for the rolos?

I used RIESEN chocolate covered caramels...not too good. Is not melting too good. I did this just for the family, not for a party. I would definitely use rollos for a party.

Hershey kisses sound like a good idea... especially if you find those with caramel inside.

I have a party right on 13 and I am looking for ideas to go with the Valentine's Day theme...

ChefBeckyD said:
For an impressive easy dessert, I love the Double Chocolate Mousse Cups. (S/S SB from '09)

Those are so so good.

I'm in the minority, but I don't care for the Nutty Caramel Brownies. :yuck:

I do mini-trifles in the prep bowls...

how did you cut the rolos and not make a huge mess??

How difficult is it to cut the rolos without getting carmel all over the place??:chef:

pamperedj76 said:
How difficult is it to cut the rolos without getting carmel all over the place??:chef:

I just cut them into quarters with the 5" utility knife. I didn't have any problems with the caramels.

HTH,
Tracy

The Rolo's caramel isn't an oozing kind. it doesn't creep out as you cut them.

Thank you!

My favorite Valentine dessert is the Black Forest Trifle!!

Here, I know it is cheaper to buy a package of rolos in the gold wrapping and they are enough for a batch in the bar pan. However it is easier to buy the ones you get at the check out and you need 5 rolls. Be careful unwrapping them though because its alot easier to drop them on the floor when you open them! :)For Valentines day my mom and I improvised a Pampered Chef Recipe from a Seasons Best awhile back (I don't know what issue it was though, but there was a torte recipe on the front)
We turned it into a Raspberry Chocolate Torte. It was sooo delicious.The ingredients for the cake were:
1 box of devils food cake (Betty Crocker is what we used)
Plus the ingredients on the box to make the cakeThe filling was:
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
2 pints fresh raspberriesDirections:
-Preheat oven to 400F
-Line Stoneware Bar Pan with 13" piece of Parchment Paper. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour into pan, spreading evenly using Large Spreader. Bake 15-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean; cool 10 minutes. Carefully life pan onto Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely
-In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped cream.
-Invert cake onto smooth side of large cutting board; remove paper.
-Trim 1/4" around edge of cake. Discard edges.
-Place one bottom layer on a serving plate. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent Decorator, fill with filling mixture. Pipe a straight border around edge of cake layer.
-Using Large Scoop, place 3 or 4 scoops of filling down the center, spread evenly to border using spreader. Arrange raspberries over filling.
-Top with second cake layer, Repeat filling as above. For third layer, pipe a decorative border around edge. Spread any remaining filling down center. Add raspberries to top.
-Refrigerate until serving.It might not go in the category of easy the first time you try it but it is delicious. :)

1. What is the "Chocolate Valentine Show"?

The "Chocolate Valentine Show" is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef that features delicious chocolate-themed recipes and products perfect for Valentine's Day.

2. When and where is the "Chocolate Valentine Show" taking place?

The "Chocolate Valentine Show" will be held on February 14th at various Pampered Chef locations across the country. Contact your local consultant for more information.

3. Can I bring a guest to the "Chocolate Valentine Show"?

Yes, the more the merrier! Guests are welcome to attend the "Chocolate Valentine Show" with you and learn more about Pampered Chef's chocolate products and recipes.

4. Is there a cost to attend the "Chocolate Valentine Show"?

No, the "Chocolate Valentine Show" is a free event for all guests. However, if you choose to purchase any products, they will be available for sale at the event.

5. Will there be samples at the "Chocolate Valentine Show"?

Yes, there will be plenty of delicious chocolate samples for guests to try at the "Chocolate Valentine Show". You won't want to miss them!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beepampered
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
jendill
  • pcROX
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies