• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mousse Mixing Struggles: Julie's Search for Solutions

In summary, "Mousse Mixing Struggles: Julie's Search for Solutions" is a blog post that offers solutions to common problems people face when making mousse. These struggles include lumps, difficulty achieving the desired texture, and trouble incorporating ingredients evenly. Some solutions to these issues include using room temperature ingredients, an electric mixer or blender, sifting dry ingredients, and folding in whipped cream or egg whites carefully. It is recommended to use a glass or metal bowl for mixing mousse and to refrigerate the mousse for at least an hour before serving to prevent deflating.
pcjulie
I have been making this mousse at a number of shows and I always seem to have the same problem when mixing it. When I add half of the whipped topping to the cream cheese/chocolate mixture it gets kind of clumpy and takes forever to fold in. Does anyone else have this problem and do you have any suggestions on how to prevent it? Thanks! I'm making it at a show tomorrow night!

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

same thing . . . please share tipsI've made it a few times as well, and I have had the same problem. My arm kills me afterwards. I haven't demonstrated for a group yet (I've prepared it beforehand and then used it as my second recipe after the main one - just using the EAD, the egg-slicer and the Deluxe Cheese Grater for the garnishes) and I thought to myself that maybe I won't demonstrate this one for that reason. I hope someone has some tips to share . . .

Last edited:

Hi Julie,

I have had a similar issue when making mousse in the past. One thing that has helped me is to make sure that both the whipped topping and the cream cheese/chocolate mixture are at room temperature before mixing them together. This helps to prevent clumping and makes it easier to fold in the whipped topping. Another tip is to fold in the whipped topping in smaller batches, rather than all at once. This allows for better incorporation and less clumping. I hope this helps and good luck with your show tomorrow night!

1. What is "Mousse Mixing Struggles: Julie's Search for Solutions" about?

"Mousse Mixing Struggles: Julie's Search for Solutions" is a blog post that discusses common problems people face when making mousse and offers solutions to help achieve a perfect consistency.

2. What are some common struggles people face when making mousse?

Some common struggles when making mousse include lumps or air bubbles in the mixture, difficulty achieving the desired texture, and trouble incorporating ingredients evenly.

3. What are some solutions to these mousse mixing struggles?

Some solutions include using room temperature ingredients, using an electric mixer or blender, sifting dry ingredients before adding them to the mixture, and folding in the whipped cream or egg whites gently to avoid deflating the mixture.

4. Can I use any type of bowl for mixing mousse?

It is recommended to use a glass or metal bowl for mixing mousse as plastic bowls can retain oils or residue that may affect the texture of the mousse.

5. How can I prevent my mousse from deflating?

To prevent deflating, make sure to gently fold in whipped cream or egg whites using a rubber spatula, and avoid over-mixing the mixture. It is also important to refrigerate the mousse for at least an hour before serving to help it set properly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HJPChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PCKristi
  • KimberleePowell
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • lyneya