• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use a Balloon for the Chocolate Showstopper?

In summary, the Chocolate Showstopper is a versatile tool for creating a variety of chocolate desserts. It can be used to make chocolate bowls, shapes, and decorations for cakes and cupcakes. The product is dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended for longevity. High-quality chocolate, such as couverture, works best with the Showstopper. To clean, let leftover chocolate harden and wash with warm soapy water. The Showstopper can also be used for non-chocolate desserts, but be sure to clean it thoroughly between uses.
Sonia_J
Hi there!
I was going thru the Consultants Corner information since I really haven't had a chance to.
The Showstoppers are really neat!
But I found myself asking a very very odd question for the Chocolate bowl.
I make canndy alot and thought it would be great to try.
But a balloon? do you wash it first? does it leave an aftertaste? I hate blowing up balloons because they have a funny taste.

Just wondering!!

Sonia

I didn't noticeI've actually tried this before and I didn't notice a funny after taste at all. I didn't eat the whole bowl, but I did eat some of it and I did not notice a funny taste. I think the taste you get from blowing them up may be from the inside? I'm not too sure. Try it out and see! :D

I've never washed my balloons, but who's to say you can't. I'd just rinse them after blowing them up, then make sure they are GOOD and DRY before dipping. Water will cause the chocolate to curdle.

Also, I've posted on another thread - but be careful when dipping. If the balloon is under too much pressure or if the chocolate is too hot, you will have a chocolate covered kitchen instead of a chocolate covered balloon.

1. How do I use the Chocolate Showstopper?

The Chocolate Showstopper is a versatile tool that can be used for a variety of chocolate desserts. Some popular options include creating a chocolate bowl, molding chocolate shapes, and making chocolate decorations for cakes and cupcakes. You can find step-by-step instructions and recipe ideas in the product manual or on our website.

2. Is the Chocolate Showstopper dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Chocolate Showstopper is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing with warm soapy water to ensure the longevity of the product.

3. What type of chocolate works best with the Chocolate Showstopper?

The Chocolate Showstopper works best with high-quality chocolate that is specifically made for melting and molding, such as couverture chocolate. Avoid using chocolate chips or low-quality chocolate, as they may not melt or set properly.

4. How do I clean the Chocolate Showstopper?

To clean the Chocolate Showstopper, let any leftover chocolate harden, then gently scrape it off with a spatula or knife. Wash the Showstopper with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly before storing.

5. Can the Chocolate Showstopper be used for non-chocolate desserts?

Yes, the Chocolate Showstopper can be used for non-chocolate desserts such as making caramel or candy decorations. However, be sure to clean the Showstopper thoroughly before switching between chocolate and other ingredients to avoid any flavor transfer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks