• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Double the Ingredients for a Chocolate-Peanut Torte in a Small Bar Pan?

In summary, to make a chocolate-peanut torte, you will need all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, milk, and chopped peanuts. You can use any type of nuts in place of peanuts. To make the chocolate glaze, melt chocolate chips with heavy cream and pour over the cooled torte. The torte can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container or frozen. To serve, the torte can be warmed, topped with various toppings, or dusted with powdered sugar.
Shawnna
Gold Member
This dessert looks awesome!!! I don't have my cookbook in front of me to check, but wanted to ask while I am thinking about it...someone else might want to know too.

This dessert is made in the small bar pan, so it is for 2 people. To adapt it for the bar pan do you think you double the ingredients? The bar pan is not quite twice as big as the small bar pan. It might actually tell us in the cookbook. I think this would be a great Death by Chocolate recipe.

Shawnna

Medium Bar PanI LOVE this torte. The recipe says if you double it, put it in the medium bar pan, but I've doubled the recipe and made it in the bar pan. It's a little harder to make it into a torte (cutting it in half and picking it up is difficult because it's big), but I just leave it in the bar pan and pour the glaze on top. It's easier to serve and just as tasty. :D

Diane

Hi Shawnna! That dessert does look amazing. I'm not sure about the exact measurements for doubling the recipe, but I would recommend checking the cookbook or doing some quick calculations based on the size difference between the small and bar pan. You could also try reaching out to the author or other forum users who have made the recipe for their advice. And I agree, it definitely sounds like a delicious Death by Chocolate treat! Happy baking! :)

1. What ingredients do I need to make a chocolate-peanut torte?

To make a chocolate-peanut torte, you will need:

• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 cup chopped peanuts

2. Can I use a different type of nut instead of peanuts?

Yes, you can use any type of nuts you prefer in this recipe. Almonds, cashews, or hazelnuts would all be delicious alternatives to peanuts.

3. How do I make the chocolate glaze for the torte?

To make the chocolate glaze, melt 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips with 1/4 cup of heavy cream in a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir until smooth and pour over the cooled torte. Allow the glaze to set before serving.

4. Can I make this torte ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this torte ahead of time. It can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze the torte for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving.

5. How do I serve the torte?

The torte can be served at room temperature or slightly warmed in the microwave. It can be served as is, or topped with whipped cream, ice cream, or a drizzle of chocolate sauce. You can also dust the torte with powdered sugar for a simple yet elegant presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • chefann