• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is this Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte the Ultimate Dessert?

You could but I don't like it that way - I noticed the difference with those. Those who made it the night before...it was hard and almost dry/crunchy.
TammyStar

OMG!

This was sooo rich and sooo sweet. I showed my daughter a picture of it and she said "if I go buy the ingredients right now will you make it?" So I did and I had a small piece with some tea. I felt like I was eating a cup full of sugar. I'm not used to eating desserts with this much chocolate. But it sure does look pretty. And I think you definitly need to eat it when its warm.
I'm surprised other people have said it seems to be dry in the middle. It was good for me to make too because I didn't have to have the oven on for too long and at a high temperature which is no fun when its over 100 degrees outside!

Just my thoughts on it!
Tammy
:thumbup:

I agree.... its fast easy and looks just like the picture! I am making it later this month at a party....:)

I'll be taking it to our team meeting on Monday.

Just made it this a.m. - trucking it off to my cluster meeting...

I made it for my open house a couple weeks ago; & it was gone before I got to try it! A guest that was there is coming to my show today, & she requested to the host that we make it...so that's what I'm making today!
I love that it looks beautiful & it's super easy:thumbup:

Just make sure you get to try it today!

I'd laugh if you made it twice and didn't get a chance to try it yourself!

If it happens again, make one just for YOU!

It is definitly quick and easy and I will be pushing it for cooking shows!
Tammy

Well, we'll see how many end up coming; if I get to try it! If I don't...you can bet I'll be making one for myself in the next couple days!

I made this twice once for an auction and then once for Labor day I thought it was pretty good. I also told my friend I would make it for her family they were bidding on my cake and they would have bid higher but the auctioner had it sold as soon as it hit the 150 mark.

For those who HAVEN'T made it or are new to the torte pans...a few tips:1. Spray your pans good as it suggests so the brownie releases easily without crumbling.
2. Use the 8" parchment circles as requested - it helps!
3. Leave it in the pans the recommended 4 minutes exactly if you can...it worked great.
4. For assembling, I put the round platter upside down on the first pan and flipped it right onto that. For the second, I put the cooling rack over the top then flipped it onto that. I then slid the round platter with the first and filling UNDER the cooling rack and gradually pulled it out as I slid the top layer off the rack and onto it. This helped prevent movement and any breakage, mine turned out perfect! :)

Made this for our cluster meeting also, I could not believe how easy it is to make. Though it is kind of sweet, so small pieces are suggested!!:D

Ginger428 said:
Made this for our cluster meeting also, I could not believe how easy it is to make. Though it is kind of sweet, so small pieces are suggested!!:D

At our fall kickoff they cut us a HUGE wedge...and served it with one of the apple tartlet things and the new cookies with the peppermint patty and peppermint candy. I think I'm finally coming down from all the sugar in my system...I couldn't finish it all! :yuck::D

janetupnorth said:
At our fall kickoff they cut us a HUGE wedge...and served it with one of the apple tartlet things and the new cookies with the peppermint patty and peppermint candy. I think I'm finally coming down from all the sugar in my system...I couldn't finish it all! :yuck::D
That's pretty much how I ate it and all the other things, plus we tried the trifle recipe and someone even made the caramel brownies. I know I didn't need to try the brownies, but I really like rich chocolate.:)

Can you make it the night before?

letscook04 said:
Can you make it the night before?

You could but I don't like it that way - I noticed the difference with those. Those who made it the night before...it was hard and almost dry/crunchy.

It would be o.k. if you warmed it before serving, but it is best freshly made and warm.

janetupnorth said:

Geeez....You must have been Zonked! for a week!!

Ginger428 said:
Geeez....You must have been Zonked! for a week!!

That was this morning!!!!!:balloon:

My hands are still shaking...

janetupnorth said:
That was this morning!!!!!:balloon:

YIKES!!! You ate ALL that this morning?????:yuck: I have to go stir my gravy!! ;)

janetupnorth said:

It would be o.k. if you warmed it before serving, but it is best freshly made and warm.

Thanks Janet :)

letscook04 said:
Thanks Janet :)

No problem!

I think it makes a great treat/show recipe, but for school events or potlucks or family events, I'd make a peanut butter cup trifle instead. :D

This torte does keep, but as mentioned above, if it's not still warm and fresh, it's best to heat up the individual slices a little. I baked one of these and it lasted 5-6 days before it was all gone. I kept it on the round platter with a large round storage container (rubbermaid) inverted over it as a lid.

Ann, love your disclaimer on your siggy! Lot of "sensitive" issues here lately.
I don't think mine will be around after today, and I made it at 8:00 last night so 5-6 days is impressive!

Tammy

chefann said:
This torte does keep, but as mentioned above, if it's not still warm and fresh, it's best to heat up the individual slices a little. I baked one of these and it lasted 5-6 days before it was all gone. I kept it on the round platter with a large round storage container (rubbermaid) inverted over it as a lid.

And you heated it in the Microwave for about how long?

TammyStar said:
Ann, love your disclaimer on your siggy! Lot of "sensitive" issues here lately.
I don't think mine will be around after today, and I made it at 8:00 last night so 5-6 days is impressive!

Tammy

There's no way it would last that long here...and I would be the only one in the house right now who would be eating it! I would have a piece in the morning...a little sliver later on...walk by at 2:00 and take a couple of bites...and on and on. Sweets are my weakness!!

KellyTheChef said:
There's no way it would last that long here...and I would be the only one in the house right now who would be eating it! I would have a piece in the morning...a little sliver later on...walk by at 2:00 and take a couple of bites...and on and on. Sweets are my weakness!!

Reese's peanut butter is my weakness!!

<giggle> If there were more than 2 of us in the house, it would have been gone a lot faster here, too. As far as the microwave, I think about 10 seconds on high, or 15-20 on medium for a slice. Basically, until the marshmallows puff up a little.

chefann said:
<giggle> If there were more than 2 of us in the house, it would have been gone a lot faster here, too. As far as the microwave, I think about 10 seconds on high, or 15-20 on medium for a slice. Basically, until the marshmallows puff up a little.

Thanks!! for the info....

You know, both times I've made this I've forgotten the parchment paper....just sprayed really well with nonstick spray w/flour. It's come out perfect both times...just lucky? I guess I don't get the parchment with this one.

I made this tonight and when I melted the peanut butter chips (less then a minute) they became stiff - I think they were to hot and I could not get them to melt. Did any one else have this problem?

Laura Childs said:
I made this tonight and when I melted the peanut butter chips (less then a minute) they became stiff - I think they were to hot and I could not get them to melt. Did any one else have this problem?
Did you use Reese's chips or store brand? You probably should melt them for 30 secs. and then stir them. Then melt for 15 seconds and stir again.

Laura Childs said:

In the past when melting certain chocolate & candy wafers in the Microwave, I have used the defrost cycle & it worked every time. So I did it with this & it came out perfect. I also stirred it often as well...HTH

Thanks for the replies I did use the reese's chips - next time I will try at a lower power level. It was still edible and so sweet!!!

Just wondering out loud, lol, but do you think for example for an express show, you could make this the night before or during day and put on SA Round Platter and put in oven at 200 for a couple minutes??

Just wondering what you all think??

Lisa

If you do have any leftovers (I know it is rare) throw a slice in the microwave on HIGH for 10 seconds. It takes like it just came out of the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Amber
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
MSmith
  • Kodeysmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SLDOWDY1978
  • kcjodih