• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried the 9-Minute Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cake in a Rice Cooker?

In summary, the 9-minute rice cooker cake recipe is made by mixing a cake mix (without pudding) and frosting in the rice cooker and cooking on high for 9 minutes. Peanut butter can also be used as a substitute for frosting. It is recommended to read all the threads about the 9-minute cake for more information and tips. Unfortunately, brownie mixes do not work well in the rice cooker.
Karen Weber
Gold Member
I've been selling a lot of Rice Cookers since reading about the 9Minute Cake. It is my "show stopper". At my show last week, the host's husband suggested peanut butter instead of the frosting. Well, I had to try it and am happy to say that it is very good. The peanut butter doesn't get gooey and spread so put once scoop in the middle and 4 scoops around it. Enjoy

I think it was at conference that someone suggested peanut butter cups in the cake.

Can you send me the recipe for the Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cake?

Karen Weber said:
I've been selling a lot of Rice Cookers since reading about the 9Minute Cake. It is my "show stopper". At my show last week, the host's husband suggested peanut butter instead of the frosting. Well, I had to try it and am happy to say that it is very good. The peanut butter doesn't get gooey and spread so put once scoop in the middle and 4 scoops around it. Enjoy

Hi do you have the 9-minute rice cooker cake recipe? Thanks!

9 minute cakeI'll post the recipe for the cake. However, If you need more info. read all the threads about the 9 minute cake on this site. That's where I got my information. There was quite a lot of suggestions and comments and I don't think we want to spend a lot more time on it.

1 cake mix (without pudding in the mix)
1 can of frosting.

Mix cake mix according to pkg. directions right in the Rice Cooker. I used the new double balloon whisk. Add 3-4 scoops of frosting using Medium Scoop. Cook on High for 9 minutes (every microwave is different so adjust times. I've been using ones that have a turntable) * I do not put the lid on the cake while cooking. Take it out and let it cool for 5 minutes. Invert on serving plate. *Celebration Plate is great to use.

For Peanut Butter: I put 1 scoop in center of cake and 4 scoops around it.
Any kind of peanut butter will work.

I recommend that you just buy some cake mixes and play around with combinations. This is what I did after reading all the posts about the 9 Minue Cake.

My own quick tips: The microcooker is 2qts and the rice cooker is 3 qts. I did not have any luck using the microcooker to bake the cake. Also, unfortunately, Brownie Mixes do not do well baked in the Rice Cooker. I was really looking forward to a brownie cake!!

Karen Weber said:
I'll post the recipe for the cake. However, If you need more info. read all the threads about the 9 minute cake on this site. That's where I got my information. There was quite a lot of suggestions and comments and I don't think we want to spend a lot more time on it.

1 cake mix (without pudding in the mix)
1 can of frosting.

Mix cake mix according to pkg. directions right in the Rice Cooker. I used the new double balloon whisk. Add 3-4 scoops of frosting using Medium Scoop. Cook on High for 9 minutes (every microwave is different so adjust times. I've been using ones that have a turntable) * I do not put the lid on the cake while cooking. Take it out and let it cool for 5 minutes. Invert on serving plate. *Celebration Plate is great to use.

For Peanut Butter: I put 1 scoop in center of cake and 4 scoops around it.
Any kind of peanut butter will work.

I recommend that you just buy some cake mixes and play around with combinations. This is what I did after reading all the posts about the 9 Minue Cake.

My own quick tips: The microcooker is 2qts and the rice cooker is 3 qts. I did not have any luck using the microcooker to bake the cake. Also, unfortunately, Brownie Mixes do not do well baked in the Rice Cooker. I was really looking forward to a brownie cake!!

Thank you!!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cake?

To make the Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cake, you will need all-purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, eggs, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, hot water, peanut butter, and powdered sugar for the frosting.

2. Can I use natural peanut butter instead of regular peanut butter?

Yes, you can use either natural or regular peanut butter for this recipe. However, keep in mind that natural peanut butter may result in a slightly different texture and flavor.

3. How do I make the cake extra moist?

To make the cake extra moist, you can add a few tablespoons of sour cream or Greek yogurt to the batter. This will also add a subtle tangy flavor to the cake.

4. Can I use a different type of frosting instead of peanut butter frosting?

Yes, you can use any type of frosting you prefer for this cake. Some popular alternatives include chocolate, vanilla, or cream cheese frosting. However, keep in mind that the peanut butter frosting complements the chocolate cake flavors perfectly.

5. How should I store the Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cake?

The Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cake can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days. If you need to store it longer, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • GeorgiaPeach
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pcjulie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies