• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Mousse in Phyllo Cups

In summary, the conversation is about a recipe for Chocolate Silk Mousse in Crispy Shells from the Pampered Chef's 2005 F/W Season's Best catalogue. The recipe calls for crepes, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, chocolate morsels, and Cool Whip, and also suggests optional toppings such as strawberry ice cream topping, sliced strawberries, and grated chocolate. The recipe also provides variations for the mousse and the shells. The conversation ends with a reminder to check the produce section of the grocery store for pre-made crepes and tips for softening cream cheese and filling the shells.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
Does anyone have this recipe? I'm at work and need to see the recipe before I leave today. I believe it was in the 2001 or 2002 catalogue????Thanks so much. I thought I had the recipe in my bag and I don't and I have to head to the show right after work. Yikes!!

Chocolate Silk Mousse in Crispy Shells
The Pampered Chef ®
2005 F/W Season’s Best Page 26-27

1 package (5 ounces) 9-inch crepes (10 crepes)
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon Pantry Double Strength Vanilla
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels, melted
1 container (8 ounces) Cool Whip, divided

Toppings such as strawberry ice cream topping, sliced strawberries and finely grated chocolate (optional)

Preheat oven to 325°F. Arrange five 4-inch balls of aluminum foil on Large Round Stone. Fold each crepe into eighths and cut outside edge using Kitchen Shears to form a heart shape. Unfold crepes and drape over balls of foil. Bake 4-5 minutes or until crepes are golden brown. Remove from oven. Repeat with remaining crepes; cool completely on Stackable Cooling Rack.

In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla; whisk until smooth using Stainless Whisk. Place chocolate in Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 40-60 seconds or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval. Cool chocolate slightly; stir into cream cheese mixture using Classic Scraper. Mix until smooth. Immediately fold in half of the whipped topping until smooth. Fold in remaining whipped topping.

Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with mousse. To assemble desserts, pipe a dime-size amount of the mousse onto plate to hold shell in place (or spoon about 2 tablespoons ice cream topping onto plate, if desired). Place one shell onto each plate. Pipe a 2-inch rosette of mousse into each shell. Finely grate chocolate over dessert using Microplane® Adjustable Grater. If desired, remove stems from strawberries using Cook's Corer®. Slice using Egg Slicer Plus®. Fan out strawberry slices and place into top of mousse.

Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 190, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 95 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: Pre-made crepes can be found in the produce section of the grocery store, usually near the berries.

To soften cream cheese, microwave on HIGH 15-20 seconds or until softened. Whisk until smooth.

If desired, the Medium Scoop or Large Scoop can be used to fill shells with mousse.

For a dramatic garnish, drizzle insides of shells with additional melted chocolate.

Mousse Variation: White Chocolate Silk Mousse: Substitute white chocolate morsels for the semi-sweet chocolate morsels. Garnish with chocolate ice cream topping, toasted almonds, fresh raspberries and powdered sugar, if desired.

Shell Variation: Phyllo Nests: Omit crepes. Preheat oven to 375°F. Unroll eight sheets (9 x 14 inches) of thawed, frozen phyllo dough. Place 2 tablespoons sugar in Flour/Sugar Shaker. Lay one sheet of phyllo on flat work surface and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle lightly with some of the sugar. Repeat with three more sheets of phyllo. Using Pizza Cutter, cut phyllo stack lengthwise into two equal strips and then crosswise into three strips, creating six squares of layered phyllo dough. Place one square in each cup of Stoneware Muffin Pan, arranging slightly to fit cup. Repeat with remaining four sheets of phyllo. Bake 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove pan from oven and let cool 2 minutes on Stackable Cooling Rack. With tip of Utility Knife, carefully remove each phyllo nest; cool completely. Proceed as recipe directs in Steps 2 and 3.

Hi there! I don't have the specific recipe you're looking for, but I do have a tip that might help. Have you tried searching for the recipe online? Many companies have their past catalogues available on their website, so you might be able to find the recipe there. Alternatively, you could try reaching out to the company directly and asking if they can send you the recipe. Good luck and I hope you're able to find it!

1. What is the recipe for Chocolate Mousse in Phyllo Cups?

The recipe for Chocolate Mousse in Phyllo Cups can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in our catalog. It includes ingredients such as phyllo dough, chocolate chips, heavy cream, and powdered sugar.

2. How many servings does the Chocolate Mousse in Phyllo Cups recipe make?

The recipe makes 24 servings, with one chocolate mousse filled phyllo cup per serving. However, you can adjust the recipe to make more or less depending on your needs.

3. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the mousse?

Yes, you can use milk, dark, or white chocolate depending on your preference. Keep in mind that different types of chocolate may slightly alter the taste and texture of the mousse.

4. How far in advance can I make the Chocolate Mousse in Phyllo Cups?

We recommend making the mousse and assembling the phyllo cups no more than 24 hours in advance. This will ensure that the phyllo cups stay crispy and the mousse stays fresh.

5. Can I substitute the phyllo cups for a different type of pastry?

While the phyllo cups provide a light and crispy texture, you can substitute them with other types of pastry such as mini tart shells or puff pastry cups. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kittychef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Sk8Mom209
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Tpol04