• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Decadent Chocolate Mint Trifle Recipe - Perfect for the Holiday Season!

In summary, the author suggests a trifle using brownies and this minty-chocolate stuff and candy canes.
janezapchef
Gold Member
So, one of my favorite pies is actually storebought (gasp! I know!) from Market Day. It is a chocolate peppermint pie that is pretty much a minty french silk pie. In my quest for the perfect December recipe, I was thinking a trifle using brownies and this minty-chocolate stuff and candy canes would be pretty darn yummy too! Does anyone have a recipe for something like this? I am pretty sure I can figure one out, but why recreate the wheel, right? If you have a recipe similar, please, share!
Thanks!

How weird, I read your post, didn't know of a recipe, then went and read the diabetic post and here was this recipe! Just for you!!!

Chocolate Peppermint Trifle.

2 boxes sugar free chocolate pudding - the darker the better!
milk to make the two boxes MINUS 1/2 cup. You want this thick and rich!
1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
1 8 ounce container sugar free whipped topping
about 8 sugar free peppermint candies

Make the pudding and add the extract. Try it. You may want more extract but a little goes a long way
Layer 1/2 the angel food cake, 1/2 of the pudding, 1/2 the whipped topping. Do it again!!! Refrigerate if possible, 1 hour. To serve crush the candies very finely with the Meat Tenderizer and sprinkle over the top.
This is a big hit for the Holidays and no, you do not have to make it sugar free!

Here is one of my favs:

Andes Trifle:

You can either use the Andes Peppermint chips or the Dementh Green/chocolate chip mints from Andes (I have found in Baking section at Dollar General and at Walmart.)
4 cups milk
2 small boxes of white Chocolate instant pudding/pie filling
2 8 oz containers of regular Cool whip
1 box of Dark Chocolate Brownie mix. Prepare in stone. On Large bar pan bake 22 min. On med. 30 min. Let completely cool. Then using $1.25 paring knife cut into small cubes.
Fill up your easy accent decorator with coolwhip. Mix 2 boxes of pudding with 4 cups cold milk. After whisking till thickens add your 1 1/2 containers of coolwhip. In Trifle bowl Layer first Half of your Brownie cubes, then pudding, then Andes chips. Then repeat. Top with coolwhip dollops and accent with Andes Peppermint. I also demoed grating with the cheese grater or Microplaner one and dusted the top.

PamperedSheep said:
Here is one of my favs:

Andes Trifle:

You can either use the Andes Peppermint chips or the Dementh Green/chocolate chip mints from Andes (I have found in Baking section at Dollar General and at Walmart.)

We just made this at my Directors house earlier this week and it was very yummy! We did separate the cool whip and added red food coloring and green food coloring to the other half. It looked very pretty. We also chopped the peppermint with the chopper.]

Mmmmm, that sounds awesome!

awesome! i can't wait to try both!

What is a Chocolate Mint Trifle?

A Chocolate Mint Trifle is a decadent dessert made of layers of chocolate cake, mint-flavored pudding or custard, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings.

How do I make a Chocolate Mint Trifle?

To make a Chocolate Mint Trifle, you will need chocolate cake, mint-flavored pudding or custard, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings. Start by layering the chocolate cake at the bottom of a trifle dish, then add a layer of pudding, followed by a layer of whipped cream. Repeat these layers until you reach the top of the dish, and then finish with a sprinkle of chocolate shavings on top.

Can I use store-bought cake and pudding for a Chocolate Mint Trifle?

Yes, you can use store-bought cake and pudding for a Chocolate Mint Trifle. However, making them from scratch will give the trifle a richer and more flavorful taste.

How long does a Chocolate Mint Trifle last?

A Chocolate Mint Trifle can last up to 2-3 days if stored in the refrigerator. However, it is best to consume it within 1-2 days for optimal freshness.

Can I substitute the mint flavor with something else?

Yes, you can substitute the mint flavor with other flavors such as vanilla, caramel, or even coffee. Get creative and experiment with different flavors to find your favorite combination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies