1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Chocolate mint trifle???

1. janezapchef

janezapchef Veteran Member Gold Member

So, one of my favorite pies is actually storebought (gasp! I know!) from Market Day. It is a chocolate peppermint pie that is pretty much a minty french silk pie. In my quest for the perfect December recipe, I was thinking a trifle using brownies and this minty-chocolate stuff and candy canes would be pretty darn yummy too! Does anyone have a recipe for something like this? I am pretty sure I can figure one out, but why recreate the wheel, right? If you have a recipe similar, please, share!
    Thanks!

Nov 7, 2009
  2. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

How weird, I read your post, didn't know of a recipe, then went and read the diabetic post and here was this recipe! Just for you!!!

Chocolate Peppermint Trifle.

2 boxes sugar free chocolate pudding - the darker the better!
    milk to make the two boxes MINUS 1/2 cup. You want this thick and rich!
    1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
    1 8 ounce container sugar free whipped topping
    about 8 sugar free peppermint candies

Make the pudding and add the extract. Try it. You may want more extract but a little goes a long way
    Layer 1/2 the angel food cake, 1/2 of the pudding, 1/2 the whipped topping. Do it again!!! Refrigerate if possible, 1 hour. To serve crush the candies very finely with the Meat Tenderizer and sprinkle over the top.
    This is a big hit for the Holidays and no, you do not have to make it sugar free!

Nov 7, 2009
  3. PamperedSheep

PamperedSheep Member

Here is one of my favs:

Andes Trifle:

You can either use the Andes Peppermint chips or the Dementh Green/chocolate chip mints from Andes (I have found in Baking section at Dollar General and at Walmart.)
    4 cups milk
    2 small boxes of white Chocolate instant pudding/pie filling
    2 8 oz containers of regular Cool whip
    1 box of Dark Chocolate Brownie mix. Prepare in stone. On Large bar pan bake 22 min. On med. 30 min. Let completely cool. Then using $1.25 paring knife cut into small cubes.
    Fill up your easy accent decorator with coolwhip. Mix 2 boxes of pudding with 4 cups cold milk. After whisking till thickens add your 1 1/2 containers of coolwhip. In Trifle bowl Layer first Half of your Brownie cubes, then pudding, then Andes chips. Then repeat. Top with coolwhip dollops and accent with Andes Peppermint. I also demoed grating with the cheese grater or Microplaner one and dusted the top.

Nov 8, 2009
  5. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Mmmmm, that sounds awesome!

Nov 8, 2009
  6. janezapchef

janezapchef Veteran Member Gold Member

awesome! i can't wait to try both!

Nov 8, 2009
Have something to add?