• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hot Chocolate and Caramel Dipped Apples for Your Fall Event: Tips and Recipes

In summary, the Crockpot365 lady suggests using a pot or bowl to put the chocolate in to prevent it from scorching, and suggests using a crockpot liner to make it easier to clean. She also suggests using a cheesecake recipe as a guideline for how gentle the chocolate should be.
chefbritt
I'm working on planning an event at work, and we want to do chocolate and caramel dipped apples. (it's a fall themed event) The problem is that I need the dipping sauces to stay hot for the length of the 3 hour event, so that people can come and dip their own as they please. So, my question is, can you put a chocolate sauce in the crockpot? I'm afraid that it would burn on the sides after awhile, even on low, since I know chocolate burns easily. Any opinions or recipes? What type of chocolate should I use? TIA!

I have a chocolate fundue recipe for the crockpot that's excellent! It wouldn't harden on the apples, but it's nice and thick so it would stick pretty well.

Let me see if I can find it.

ETA: Here it is! It would be easy to double or triple to make sure you had enough.

CHOCOLATE FONDUE (SLOW COOKER)

24 oz. semi-sweet chips
1 1/4 c. evaporated milk
1/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 T. fruit flavored liqueur (optional)
dippers of choice (marshmallows, poundcake, fruit, cookies, pretzels, etc)

Place first 5 ingredients into a crock-pot. Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 min. Stir well. Cook 1 more hour on LOW. Keep crock-pot on WARM while eating. Use skewers or small tongs to dip dippers into chocolate.

If you have a newer pot, a smart pot, you could switch to "warm" as opposed to low or high. Still not monitor-free, but I think you should be able to have regular chocolate in there. It will take a good half hour to melt the chocolate. Maybe toss in some shortening to temper it.
If you're melting chocolate to use in such items as chocolate covered strawberries, often times a recipe will call for added shortening. This is because the addition of shortening creates a smoother and more manageable consistency than melted chocolate alone. Doing this helps to make a more evenly coated product.The ratio between shortening and chocolate is very straightforward. You simply add 1/2 teaspoon of shortening to each ounce of chocolate, melting the combination and stirring until it is smooth. Remember: Do not use butter or margarine because both of these contain water, which can ruin the melting process.
Low is 200 degrees, High is 300 degrees. Warm... I don't know.Another idea - to keep the sides from scorching, try filling the crockpot with water, and then putting the chocolate in a pot/bowl inside - like a double boiler or bain marie. The Crockpot365 lady made a cheesecake in her crockpot using this method, and if it's gentle enough for a cheesecake it's probably ok for the chocolate! :) Just be super careful not to get the water in the chocolate.

don't forget to use a crockpot liner so it will be easier to clean. YUMMY!! You are making me want caramel apples

Hello! Congratulations on planning a fall-themed event at work, it sounds like it will be a delicious and fun time. As a pampered chef consultant, I have some suggestions for keeping your chocolate and caramel dipping sauces hot for the duration of the event.First, I would recommend using a double boiler or a chocolate melting pot instead of a crockpot. This will ensure that the chocolate does not burn or become too hot. If you do choose to use a crockpot, be sure to use the lowest setting and stir the chocolate frequently to prevent burning.In terms of chocolate, I would recommend using high-quality, melting chocolate such as Ghirardelli or Callebaut. These brands are known for their smooth and creamy texture, and they will hold up well in a double boiler or melting pot.For the caramel sauce, you can either make your own using a recipe or use a store-bought option. If you choose to make your own, be sure to use a recipe specifically designed for dipping apples to ensure the right consistency and flavor.I hope this helps and your event is a success. Happy dipping!

What are the benefits of using a crockpot for making chocolate?

Using a crockpot for making chocolate allows for slow, even heating which helps prevent scorching and burning. It also frees up stovetop or oven space for other dishes.

What type of chocolate should I use in a crockpot?

You can use any type of chocolate in a crockpot, including chocolate chips, baking chocolate, or chopped chocolate bars. Just be sure to chop the chocolate into smaller pieces for easier melting.

How do I melt chocolate in a crockpot?

To melt chocolate in a crockpot, add the chopped chocolate to the crockpot and turn it on low heat. Stir occasionally until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth.

Can I add other ingredients to the melted chocolate in the crockpot?

Yes, you can add other ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit, or spices to the melted chocolate in the crockpot to create a customized chocolate treat.

What type of crockpot is best for melting chocolate?

A smaller crockpot, around 2-3 quarts, is best for melting chocolate. This allows for better control over the melting process and prevents the chocolate from burning or overheating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• catlwilles
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
Replies
Views
lalemom